SWM modular modpack [E19]

Waynolt

Bit of a situation here, when I try to use the mods with my main savefile ( Defeated Hardy a LONG time ago), it shows me this. (1st and 2nd pictures)

And after that, the opening cut of the game appears but then this happens. (3rd, 4th and 5th pictures)

I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, tho I did delete the mods I didn't want to use, anyway if you could help me with this problem I'd be truly thankful.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

3 minutes ago, Rum.Iel, The DancingBlade. said:

Bit of a situation here, when I try to use the mods with my main savefile ( Defeated Hardy a LONG time ago), it shows me this. (1st and 2nd pictures)

And after that, the opening cut of the game appears but then this happens. (3rd, 4th and 5th pictures)

I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, tho I did delete the mods I didn't want to use, anyway if you could help me with this problem I'd be truly thankful.

Mmm, the error points to a line in SharedPC that was not actually changed in the mod... could you please send me that savefile?
Also, I need to know which mods are you trying to use.

4 hours ago, Rum.Iel, The DancingBlade. said:

On my PC the error happens even with no mods loaded; can you please check if it happens without mods on your end too?
If the error pops up with no mods loaded then it's likely that the savefile itself is corrupted or damaged.
If so, you can either go back to the latest backup save: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18748-a-guide-to-using-your-backup-saves/
or try to ask for help in the troubleshooting section: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/forum/46-troubleshooting/

• 2 weeks later...

@Waynolt Hello I love your mod and been having a lot of fun with it in my main game. The issue is that I cannot use the SharedPC portion of the mod as I get the incompatible Marshall file if I try to use it. If I delete this the mod works just fine I was wondering if there was a way to fix this problem. I'd love to start a new game because Reborn is amazing but I wanna do so with this part of the mod intact. 

40 minutes ago, TekNo said:

@Waynolt Hello I love your mod and been having a lot of fun with it in my main game. The issue is that I cannot use the SharedPC portion of the mod as I get the incompatible Marshall file if I try to use it. If I delete this the mod works just fine I was wondering if there was a way to fix this problem. I'd love to start a new game because Reborn is amazing but I wanna do so with this part of the mod intact. 

Please send me the savefile.

2 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Mmm, it works fine on my end... are you using any other mod?
Can you please screenshot the error message?

Hmm this is bizarre because everything worked just fine up until I started the quest to get the Waterium Z then I figured out I had to delete that part of the mod and it worked again. But here is the error message I get now when I attempt to use it.

Screenshot (54).png

Screenshot (56).png

11 minutes ago, TekNo said:

Hmm this is bizarre because everything worked just fine up until I started the quest to get the Waterium Z then I figured out I had to delete that part of the mod and it worked again. But here is the error message I get now when I attempt to use it.

You get this error with the savegame you sent me?
Could you please write the exact steps you have to do to get the error?

3 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

You get this error with the savegame you sent me?
Could you please write the exact steps you have to do to get the error?

All I have to do is have the SharedPC part of the mod in the modpack while I load up the game. I get this at the loading screen after I click my save file to attempt to start it.

1 minute ago, TekNo said:

All I have to do is have the SharedPC part of the mod in the modpack while I load up the game. I get this at the loading screen after I click my save file to attempt to start it.

Alright, then the bug must be due to a difference betwen your installation and mine...
Which other mods are you using?
Which OS are you on?
Do you have the most recent version of the mod?

1 minute ago, Waynolt said:

Alright, then the bug must be due to a difference betwen your installation and mine...
Which other mods are you using?
Which OS are you on?
Do you have the most recent version of the mod?

I'm not using any other mods and i'm on Windows 10. As for the latest version I think so. I used the one you have one the first page of this thread which says v49.

3 minutes ago, TekNo said:

I'm not using any other mods and i'm on Windows 10. As for the latest version I think so. I used the one you have one the first page of this thread which says v49.

Do you have a SharedPC.rxdata file in your savegame folder?
If so, can you please send it to me?

11 minutes ago, TekNo said:

sure do here it is. 

SharedPC.rxdata

It is the cause of the error... it probably is corrupted.
Since you were trying to install the mod, can i assume that you didn't actually put anything in the shared box yet?
If so, then you can safely delete the file SharedPC.rxdata to fix the error.

3 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

It is the cause of the error... it probably is corrupted.
Since you were trying to install the mod, can i assume that you didn't actually put anything in the shared box yet?
If so, then you can safely delete the file SharedPC.rxdata to fix the error.

I put a few things in there last night as a test to see if it somehow still worked because that portion was still on. If I get rid of that can I replace it by re downloading the mod and then would it work possibly? Or could it work without the SharedPC.rxdata? 

8 minutes ago, TekNo said:

I put a few things in there last night as a test to see if it somehow still worked because that portion was still on. If I get rid of that can I replace it by re downloading the mod and then would it work possibly? Or could it work without the SharedPC.rxdata? 

You don't have to replace it: it will automatically be re-created when you save the game with the mod installed.
If you lost anything important you could instead go back to the latest backup save: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18748-a-guide-to-using-your-backup-saves/

4 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

You don't have to replace it: it will automatically be re-created when you save the game with the mod installed.
If you lost anything important you could instead go back to the latest backup save: http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18748-a-guide-to-using-your-backup-saves/

But how does this fix my problem? I've already saved and played through the game quite a bit with it installed and it hasn't changed the fact that if SharedPC.rb is in the mods folder it won't let me start my game. Also I've tried using several back ups and none of them worked with the mod fully intact.

Edited by TekNo

8 minutes ago, TekNo said:

But how does this fix my problem? I've already saved and played through the game quite a bit with it installed and it hasn't changed the fact that if SharedPC.rb is in the modpack it won't let me start my game.

The mod loads the shared box from that file; if it doesn't exist, then it creates one from the shared box when you save the game.
This means that simply loading a savefile without a SharedPC.rxdata file will restore the file the first time you save the game.

The savegame you sent me has an empty shared box; if it wasn't supposed to be empty, you can fix it by following these steps:
1. Rename (or move) the file SharedPC.rxdata
2. Rename your savegame
3. Load a backup save; start with the most recent one and go back until you find one with the missing shared box contents (if you can't find some, then I could recreate them for you)
4. Save the game
5. Restore your savegame (leave the file SharedPC.rxdata as it is)

6. The mod should now be able to load the shared box into your savegame

38 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

The mod loads the shared box from that file; if it doesn't exist, then it creates one from the shared box when you save the game.
This means that simply loading a savefile without a SharedPC.rxdata file will restore the file the first time you save the game.

The savegame you sent me has an empty shared box; if it wasn't supposed to be empty, you can fix it by following these steps:
1. Rename (or move) the file SharedPC.rxdata
2. Rename your savegame
3. Load a backup save; start with the most recent and go back until you find one with the missing shared box contents.
4. Save the game.
5. Restore your savegame

6. The mod should now be able to load the shared box into your savegame

This is so weird. I had 2 mons in the shared PC on that file I sent you. I just tried all your steps and yea the Shared PC does load but only on the original file I created. If I start a new game it isn't there even when I save it.

13 minutes ago, TekNo said:

This is so weird. I had 2 mons in the shared PC on that file I sent you. I just tried all your steps and yea the Shared PC does load but only on the original file I created. If I start a new game it isn't there even when I save it.

Well, yeah: if one doesn't exist, the file gets created from the savegame when you save again.
After it is created, it will be loaded into new games too.

19 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Well, yeah: if one doesn't exist, the file gets created from the savegame when you save again.
After it is created, it will be loaded into new games too.

I just want the SharedPC.rb portion to work but nothing I try seems to do the trick. Thanks for the help but I guess I just can't do it for some reason. Can I create a Shared box PC with only the SharedPC.rxdata?