I need help vs a gym leader [episode 16]

Marco Reus

Okay so Adrienn just straight up murdering me, I can't do nothing to him.

I've managed so long with 5 pokemons: Sceptile, Hariyama, Espeon, Mamoswine and Arcanine.

I believe this is the time to add another pokemon to the party..

Which pokemon can help me against him? please leave some suggestions because i'm helpless

Personally, I swept Andrienn with Clefable by setting up 6 cosmic power and giving it I think it was... 2 or 3 of that +sp.atk consumable item nobody ever uses.

You could grab a steel or poison type and give Hariyama heavy slam maybe? If Hariyama can tank a field boosted fairy attack that is...

I suggest either a Physical Poison or a Steel one (recommended), that damn field increase Fairies' Sp.Def if i'm not mistaken

Or you can bring a strong Physical attacker able to set up paired with a strong Steel Type, my combo was DD Moxie Gyarados and Mold Breaker Excadrill

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

Easiest solution, go back and catch bronzong. It eats everything and kills everything lol. I used Calm Mind like 3 times and nothing could touch it, then I just killed everything with Heavy slam. You should probably also replace your Hariyama with something that is actually type advantageous for this battle.

Agree with others, steel types are most likely the best counter to Adrienn's team. Probably Hariyama is not that good vs Adrienn because its a fighting type? But if it has bullet punch, probably it'll be useful.

Personally I recommend durant. Fast and hits really hard. One intimidate is not a problem, since probably it still able to one hit something not named Mawile. I paired it with metagross, and the fight became very easy.

Edited by HzVee

Spoiler

Sigh...Lets try giving some advice that doesn't require an obscene amount of episode jumping (Looks at gyarados and CM bronzong in particular), or just plain flat out wrong (Arcanine is probably his best option for the fight). Also spoiler tags.

Hariyama needs to go for this fight. He will never outspeed anything Xe has other than maybe mawile, and is just not worth using for the fight.

I'd recommend steel types as everyone else suggested, with bronzong being the best choice to save time grinding/catching while synergizing with mamoswine due to levitate, since the rest of your team is too weak or too frail to be copping EQ damage from it in doubles. Bisharp also works very well despite its fairy neutrality if you have a fast light screen user as adrienne offers plenty of chances to trigger defiant (Competitive milotic is a godsend here as well despite the lack of SE coverage). If you've found eviolite, I'd recommend magneton, NOT magnezone due to extra defense being crucial given magnezone's poor speed. 

Poison types are okay but xe has a decent amount of anti-poison measures. Crobat is your best choice in order to work with mamoswine.

For the first part of the fight, fire types pull their weight well. If you can get another fire type or fire coverage on something to trigger arcanine's flash fire, that would be a good starting point. If they lack coverage though, they are in some strife for the second part of the fight. I'd recommend doing the events required to get either fennekin or cyndaquil myself, as both delphox and typhlosion can really shine here (make sure typhlosion has nature power, and delphox psyshock) Typhlosion can use lava plume to trigger flash fire on arcanine while dealing damage before flash fire flare blitz will carve through gardevoir, but delphox does gain more advantages for part 2 of the fight though it must waste a turn triggering flash fire manually on arcanine without hitting xe's pokemon. Sunny day with multiple fire types could work too (sceptile could spare a moveslot to set it up before arcanine goes to town). Rock resist berries will help if the AI is being smart with granbull.

You can fight fairy with fairy too. Breeding your espeon to get another eevee and gaining a sylveon will allow you a serious nuke on xe's field.

Lastly, blowing away the mist does make xe much less tanky. Tailwind from, say, crobat (from move tutors in peridot ward) combined with a Steel or poison poke will make the fight a lot easier initially. 

OUT

Hariyama

In

Any 2 of

Crobat (with tailwind), Delphox/Typhlosion (with sunny day support), Bronzong/Bisharp/Magneton (in general or with screen support)

Since we both have bad teams, I'll write how I did it:

First round: Light Screen and field changing attack. (I used Meowstic and Manectric)

Secound step: Defeat Gardevoir and then the doggo. (I used Meowstic and Pyroar after Manectric died)

Third step: One shot the cotton poke with a fire poke and one shot the togekiss with an electric poke. (I used Manectric after reviving it while low lvl lapras was out)

Last: When Adrienn only has two pokemon left, use perish song and revive until they are defeated.

I know, lame strategy, but thats the best I can do with my current team (:

As for your team, I'd also suggest you get a steel type and other mons as back up, I'm also working on it.

Edited by Erinyes

You definitely need a poison or a steel type..and tbh Adrienn is still difficult to beat. I used Lucario and Vileplume to beat him (not the best choices but at least I beat him), oh and lots of revives or cotton candies.

• 6 years later...
On 12/18/2016 at 9:33 AM, mar_mar said:

You definitely need a poison or a steel type..and tbh Adrienn is still difficult to beat. I used Lucario and Vileplume to beat him (not the best choices but at least I beat him), oh and lots of revives or cotton candies.

I just killed her whole team with alakazam lmao