Why are gym leaders so hard in this game

Rainlove

Hahahahahaha

hahahaha

hahahahahaaaaahahahaha

Shelly, hard?

you're in for a treat with a certain underground event...

Also

I'd recommend a different fire-type like typhlosion or Charizard for Reborn.  Braixen has a lot of problems... also it's a psychic type which makes it take neutral damage from her friendly bug type nibbles.  

Lastly, as Ame says on the phone before you fight Shelly, use water types.  She's got next to no offense for that.

Or you could be like me and think up really, really weird strategies that take way too long to explain. (and don't always work.)

But girl.. I beat Shelly at hardcore (much harder than your Shelly) with just castform and growlithe, without any of them fainting.  Used sunny day after rain dance, got rainbow field, and flame bursted and weather balled everything. Growlithe was left with like 10 HP in the end, but technically no casualties no switches.

Use ur head more. Like you are playing a strategy game. Against AI even!

1 hour ago, robin1 said:

a. like the post above said, find the sunny day tm and use it.

b. in the case you can't find it here are my pointers

+ fire isn't the only weakness

+ bug is afraid of bird

+ if you hit a bug with a rock it stop moving

sunny day TM is not available at that point,  but there are some pokemon that learn sunny day quite early.  like castform and cherrim.

Ciel and the Fairy Gym dear lord. Just play every gym as if it was Showdown or competitive. If you can't get around something, then try imagining the flaw in your team or even look at Smogon for where your team falls in the tier lists.

Think of it as a challenge! Reborn is just awesome in the way that it can be tough.

Oh! One last thing is abusing the field mechanics. For Shelly I swept with fire plume and my Growlithe. Set the field on fire and bamb. Donezo.

Edited by Swee