Subtle messages in pokemanz

Damage

So as I bust out another episode of my story I realize something about the Pokémon world. Except for a few brief moments there really aren't cars seen in the Pokémon canon and non-canon worlds. We do see however a large amount of bikes being used and sold throughout all series and iterations. With the influx of bikes we've noticed a considerably greener planet earth than our own. Has Nintendo been silently preaching to us that cars are bad? Is this their way of taking down big motor companies. Is this the environmental message that PETA was trying to silence with their so called "animal slave" debate. Hmmmmmmmmm. I'm curious to your thoughts but mine is obviously...

maxresdefault.jpg

Well that was... Different. But as I recall, the first episode of the anime had a car in it, you move in on a truck in Ruby and Sapphire, and Lumiose City has a cab service. So really, I feel like this theory falls apart pretty easily. Pokemon is meant to be an idealized world, nothing more.

Yeah I did say apart from a few instances. But isn't there something deeper.... look even closlier. Aside from those instances there aren't car lots, highways or parking lots. I think cab service was more of a game mechanic than a choice for the world seeing as how most to all of them can be traversed on foot. So I ask look even more closlier