HardCore Run - Idea Refinement

Dragon116

So I am planning to do a head to head of hardcore with my friend, but since this will be the 4th time I've played Reborn at all, I wanted to do another special run. My last hardcore run required me to play with 1 pokemon of each generation, and release one after every gym battle. I really liked the variety that gave my playthrough, so I want to do something like that again. I do not want to do a mono type run as that really kills the potential that Reborn has in selection. I also liked the slight handicap that releasing the pokemon gave me, but without being obnoxious. So anyone have suggestions that would improve that style of run?

You could pick a letter and use only mons whose name begins with it, or pick a color and use only mons of that color. Or choose only one generation and stick to it.

Or try and avoid using any healing item at all during the whole game.

Or do a NFE run. Plenty of options!

Edited by Alistair

Expanding on the color thing, an idea similar to what you did with generations could be applied to a pokemon's pokedex color.

Rules:

• Start with your chosen starter + one pokemon of each of the 3 colors of the main protagonist that you choose. (Some may have more than that, I only looked at, like, 2. If they have more, choose more!)
  • After defeating a gym leader, add 1 pokemon of that leader's primary color to your team chosen from among all pokemon found before the next gym. If this causes your team to have more than 6 members, release one at random. If a pokemon's higher evolution would cause it to change to a different color, it's evolution may not be used. If it starts as an incorrect color, but evolves into the correct color before the next gym, that pokemon is usable.
  • No repeating mons, all mons must be nicknamed, ect. ect...

And here's a list of pokemon that are usable up to...Aya I think? I dunno, been awhile since I looked at this list. Note that the pokemon are taken from the monotype listing, so some are changed in hardcore if I remember correctly. What? No, I didn't think of doing this at some point and just not, I would never.

Spoiler

Julia - Yellow

•  Add: Meowth/Persian, Numel(No Camelcrupt), Sunflora, Plusle, Minun, Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu, Drowzee/Hypno, Makuhita(No Hariyama), Combee/Vespiquen, Pelipper, Mothim, Beautifly, Manectric 

Florina - Green

•  Add: Budew/Roselia/Roserade, Spinarak(No Ariados), Caterpie/Metapod(No Butterfree), Dustox, Gulpin(No Swalot), Trubbish/Garbodor, Electrike(No Manectric), Carnivine, Pansage, Petilil/Liligant, Skiplppm(No Jumpluff), Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel, Bellossom(there's no Sun Stone yet is there?), Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo, Cacnea/Cacturne, Breloom, Cottonee/Whimsicott, Axew/Fraxure(No Haxorus)

Corey - Purple

•  Add; Rattata(No Raticate), Ariados, Forretress, Cascoon, Ekans/Arbok, Swalot, Grimer/Muk, Stunky/Skuntank, Noibat/Noivern, Purrloin/Liepard, Delcatty, Grumpig, Nidoran{M}/Nidorino/Nidoking, Venonat/Venomoth, Aipom/Ambipom, Granbull, Starmie(If Water Stone?), Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle, Drifloom/Drifblim

Shelly - Green. could be purple, but purple is a color sooo often, so... >_>

•  Add: Budew/Roselia/Roserade, Spinarak(No Ariados), Caterpie/Metapod(No Butterfree), Dustox, Gulpin(No Swalot), Trubbish/Garbodor, Electrike(No Manectric), Carnivine, Pansage, Petilil/Liligant, Skiplppm(No Jumpluff), Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel, Bellossom(there's no Sun Stone yet is there?), Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo, Cacnea/Cacturne, Breloom, Cottonee/Whimsicott, Axew/Fraxure(No Haxorus), Tropius, Natu/Xatu, Golett/Golurk

Shade - Black

•  Add: Blitzle/Zebstrika, Spoink(No Grumpig), Shuppet/Banette, Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon, Sneasel/Weavile, Unown, Murkrow/Hunchkrow, Houndour/Houndoom, Claydoll, Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir, Yamask(No Cofagrigus), Mawile

Kiki - Pink

•  Add: Whismur(No Loudred/Exploud), Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff, Cherubi/Cherrim, Munna/Musharna, Skitty(No Delcatty), Happiny/Chansey/Blissey, Hoppip(No Skiploom/Jumpluff), Flaffy(No Ampharos), Snubbull(No Granbull), Mime Jr./Mr. Mime, Spritzee/Aromatisse, Porygon(No -2 or -Z), Smoochum(No Jynx), Corsola, Exeggcute(No Exeggutor)

Aya - Purple

•  Add: Rattata(No Raticate), Ariados, Forretress, Cascoon, Ekans/Arbok, Swalot, Grimer/Muk, Stunky/Skuntank, Noibat/Noivern, Purrloin/Liepard, Delcatty, Grumpig, Nidoran{M}/Nidorino/Nidoking, Venonat/Venomoth, Aipom/Ambipom, Granbull, Starmie(If Water Stone?), Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle, Drifloom/Drifblim, Skorupi/Drapion, Ditto, Shellos/Gastrodon, Spiritomb, Zubat/Golbat/Crobat, Espeon, Lileep(No Cradily), Mantine, 

Serra - Again, could be purple, but blue here...or maybe white? eh. blue background...

•  Add: Loudred/Exploud, Panpour/Simipour, Wingull(No Pelipper), Finneon/Lumineon, Surskit/Masquerain, Meowstic, Woobat/Swoobat, Jumpluff, Oddish/Gloom(No Vileplume/Bellossom Ducklett(No Swanna), Shinx/Luxio/Luxray, Nidoran{F}/Nidorina/Nidoqueen, Tangela/Tangrowth, Phanpy(No Donphan), Azurill/Marill/Azumarill, Tentacool/Tentacruel, Chimecho, Whiscash, Elgyem(No Beheeyem), Meditite(No Medicham), Sawk, Palpitoad/Seismitoad, Wooper/Quagsire, Inkay/Malamar(can you even Malamar?), Taillow/Swellow, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise, Mantyke(No Manatine), Poliwag/Politoad/Poliwrath, Omanyte/Omastar, 

Noel - Gray

•  Add: Burmy/Wormadon, Espur(No Meowstic), Pineco(No Forretress), Poochyena/Mightyena, Pidove/Tranquill/Unfezant, Glameow/Purugly, Herdier/Stoutland, Onix/Steelix, Klink/Klank/Klinklang, Donphan, Drilbur/Excadrill, Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior, Barboach(No Whiscash), Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone, Zorua/Zoroark, Nosepass/Probopass, Nincada(No Shedninja/Ninjask), Minccino/Cinccino, Remoraid(No Octillery), 

Radomus - Purple

•  Add: Purple copypasta+

Luna - Black 

•  Add: Blitzle/Zebstrika, Spoink(No Grumpig), Shuppet/Banette, Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon, Sneasel/Weavile, Unown, Murkrow/Hunchkrow, Houndour/Houndoom, Claydoll, Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir, Yamask(No Cofagrigus), Mawile, Chatot, Umbreon, 

Samson - Brown

• Add: Bidoof/Bibarel, Patrat/Watchdog, Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot, Raticate, Hoothoot/Noctowl, Spearow/Fearow, Teddiursa/Ursaring, Zigzagoon(No Linoone), Buneary/Lopunny, Sentret/Furret, Slakoth/Slaking(No Vigoroth), Lillipup(No Herdier/Stoutland), Litleo/Pyroar, Mankey/Primeape, Bonsly/Sudowoodo, Bunnelby/Diggersby, Doduo/Dodrio, Growlithe/Arcanine, Starly/Staravia/Staraptor, Vulpix(No Ninetails), Shroomish(No Breloom), Phantump/Trevenant, Staryu(No Starmie), Vullaby/Mandibuzz, Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist, Buizel/Floatzel, Diglett/Dugtrio, Geodude/Graveler/Golem, Nuzleaf/Shiftry, Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine, Baltoy(No Claydoll), Beheeyem, Torkoal, Binacle/Barbaracle, Stunfisk, Shedninja, Cubone/Marowak, Spinda, Farfetch'd, Sawsbuck, Eevee(No...anything), Skrelp/Dragalge, Kabuto/Kabutops, 

Charlotte - Red

•  Add: Pansear, Goldeen/Seaking, Wurmple, Kricketot/Kricketune, Camelrupt, Slugma/Magcargo, Vileplume, Paras/Parasect, Pawniard/Bisharp, Carvanha(No Sharkpedo), Voltorb/Electrode, Jynx, Solrock, Scrafty, Heatmor, Krabby/Kingler, Corphish/Crawdaunt, Medicham, Throh, Yanma(No Yanmega), Shelmet/Accelegor, Venipede/Scolipede, Flareon, Darumaka/Darmanitan, Tepid/Pignite/Emboar, Octillery, 

Terra - Red/Pink//Brown/Yellow/Green/Blue/Purple...fill that hole on the team!

Ciel - Blue

•  Add: Blue copypasta+

Edited by Quickslip
formatting