The mystery egg thing from the police

t831011

There are 18 different pokemon you could get from that egg, and some of these pokemon can only be obtained here.
I wanna catch'em all, the fact that I could only get one of them break my heart.

I have been a big fan of 183.gif since my first pokemon game(Emerald), it's so adorable.

However I got Larvesta from the egg :'(

Shouldn't some pokemon like Marill, Magikarp, Staryu be easily obtained by fishing? They shouldn't be that rare.

The problem with putting the pokemon you listed, Marill, Magikarp, and Staryu, in the game as wild pokemon at the moment is that they are all very powerful pokemon.

Marill evolves into Azumarill at the paltry level of 18, and Azumarill with huge power has an equivalent base attack of over 145 (at least when adamant, with a 31 IV and 252 EVs). It also learns aqua tail at level 21 and play rough at level 25, making it an early game powerhouse and still a very good pokemon at the end of the current release.

Magikarp was in the very early game for a while, but was removed because of how game breaking moxie dragon dance Gyarados was. I've had reports of people sweeping high level electric type trainers with that in reborn, and when it gets to that point you know it's unhealthy. I can understand why it might seem weird for such a common pokemon as Magikarp to not be in the game, but trust me, Gyarados took all of the challenge out of it.

Staryu is perhaps the easiest to justify, but still, 100 SpAtk, 115 Speed, along with hydro pump, psychic, recover, and minimize by level up does seem pretty strong. I wouldn't object to it being placed towards the end of the current release though, it's not massively game breaking from what I can see.

The decision of this is up to Ame, she wants us to try some mons we never used before and all the "strong" ones will be added in the final episodes

EDIT: Well Sheep ninja'd me

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

So you want three of the most powerful Water-types in the entire game to become easily accessible before the third Gym, thus invalidating every single other Water-type?

Yeah, okay.

(Besides, the rest of the Mystery Egg Pokémon will all be released before we reach the Elite Four anyway)

Edited by Foamy

There are still really good water types you can get depending on where you are in the game.

To name a few, Vaporeon, Rotom-Wash, and Swampert.

Each of them have their merits.

And I wouldn't complain about getting Larvesta since Volcarona is an absolute beast of a fire type.

Edited by 5hift

And I wouldn't complain about getting Larvesta since Volcarona is an absolute beast of a fire type.

I agree with this, although Larvesta is beyond subpar before Level 59. So I can understand why people would complain about getting it.

Me? I'd just be like "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED"

Well I`m cool with my pokemon squad currently. I know larvesta is actually quite a powerful pokemon,but i rather find pokemon that are cute in my eye and travel with them. Marill is much cuter. I`m using an otter obtained during fire gang event,it strikes hard too, not too bad.

• 2 months later...

Is there like a guide that tells you how rare each of the possible pokemon are? Are they even 100% random? I constantly get Azurill eggs, and I honestly despise the line in and out of competitive.

The egg you receive is determined when you choose your starter pokemon, and it is a random 1/18 chance to get any one of them. So you can't soft reset for it if that's what you're asking. Also, if your save file was created in Episode 14 or below, you will automatically get an Azurill egg.

The egg you receive is determined when you choose your starter pokemon, and it is a random 1/18 chance to get any one of them. So you can't soft reset for it if that's what you're asking. Also, if your save file was created in Episode 14 or below, you will automatically get an Azurill egg.

I started the game twice choosing Torgic and the contents of the egg changed in each run. Both were episode 15. First time was a Sneasel, second time was Axew.

I dont think the starter is what determines it

I started the game twice choosing Torgic and the contents of the egg changed in each run. Both were episode 15. First time was a Sneasel, second time was Axew.

I dont think the starter is what determines it

It's not what starter you choose that determines what egg you get. When you choose your starter pokemon, your save file generates a random egg to go with it. You can get different eggs in multiple runs even if you pick the same starter.

People getting Lavestar left and right while i sit here with my phantump ( I actually got phantump twice... My 1st playthrough was also phantump). FeelsPrettyBadMan.

That being said, I'm having fun with some poke that otherwise I'd have never used.

Seriously though, is there any way to alter the file and get a lavestar ?

Edited by thedeath245

The only circumstances in which we'll change what the egg gives is if it is needed for a special run (monotype or something like that). In general the best you can do otherwise is look around the trading threads and see if anyone is willing to trade (although you do need to get up to Samson before people will help you use them).

There are 18 different pokemon you could get from that egg, and some of these pokemon can only be obtained here.

I wanna catch'em all, the fact that I could only get one of them break my heart.

I have been a big fan of 183.gif since my first pokemon game(Emerald), it's so adorable.

However I got Larvesta from the egg :'(

Shouldn't some pokemon like Marill, Magikarp, Staryu be easily obtained by fishing? They shouldn't be that rare.

Why complain about Larvesta? Get Volcarona to Level 100 and it's absolutely great!

• 1 month later...