Help with Shade.

E L E

So I've recently started playing this amazing game , But I've found myself 'stuck' ...

What I mean by that is, I'm at the point at fighting Shade at the power plant , but can't defeat him , any suggestions?

My team to this point is:

- A Charizard;

- A Unfezant; (Shiny , yay)

- A Pangoro;

I don't mind training or doing anything out of the ordinary/Special.

I am new to this game so please , No spoilers ;W;

Edited by FoxyJr

You should definitivly always have six Pokémon in your party.

I'll also recommend perhaps an electric type Pokémon to take advantage of Shade's field.

Point taken - Not having six pokemon in my team is a mistake I shouln't have made.

A little question but..

Are there any good eletric types until that point?

You can catch Blitzle in Peridot near the Gym during a thunderstorm, it's the best one up to that point iirc

For Shade i recommend a Mightyena, it's your best bet against him imo and can tear apart his team thanks to Moxie

Don't forget the Mistery Egg, if you completed the Policemen sidequest in Jasper/Beryl and have the possibility to breed a Growlithe Egg then you can trade it to one of the policemen to gain a new pokemon. This one is chosen at the start of your file and associated to a number that goes from 0 to 17, you could even obtain Axew or Larvesta from it

Magnemite is available to catch within Shade's gym. Even if you don't use it against him, it's PHENOMENAL for the rest of the game. You won't be able to evolve it into Magnezone just yet but Magneton is still a beast.

I also like AndSoThereIsSt3ffo's suggestion to look into Mightyena. He might not be able to sweep but he can take down at least 2-3 of Shade's mons.

For reference, http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16407 is a list of all the available Pokemon, if you're looking for a specific Pokemon.

By that point you will have been able to catch an Emolga in the Jasper Ward. Alternatively, Shade's Gym itself is home to Magnemite.

Most of Shade's Pokemon know Shadow Claw, which the field boosts. If you got Charge Beam (Which you should as Julia gives the TM) you can use it to turn the field into a factory build, nullifying Shade's field advantage. Be aware that Shade's Rotom has Discharge which will turn it back into a short-circuit field.

Other then that, bring a bunch of dark and ghost-type attacks, plus some attacks that can exploit dual-typings (Psychic for Gengar, though that's of dubious usefulness because Shadow Claw, Ground for Rotom, water for Chandelure etc.). For specifics? As mentioned, Mightyena, there's also Houndour/Houndoom if you went with Team Aqua and drove Magma out of town, Carvanha/Sharpedo from the same sidequest...

There are quite a few ways of dealing with Shade, though I admit to requiring a few resets before everything went well for me.

WAIT HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT EMOLGA

Forget about Blitzle, just catch that little thingy and destroy everything with Nuzzle and Electro Ball

And then use Acrobatics to destroy the next gym leader. And...yeah, Emolga carried me so hard through that part of the game it's not even funny.

You also have access to Ampharos which is another pretty solid electric type. While it is slow, it is significantly more bulky then Zebstrika or Emolga and has a solid 115 base special attack. You will have to raise it to 40 and then common candy it back for discharge however.

Edited by Katia

I have found the easiest way to beat Shade with just 2 pokemons! You need an Onix and a Magcargo that can be bought in Onyx Arcade.

Lead with Onix and Curse against his gengar 3-4 times while he spams Shadow Claw. In case his Hypnosis hits you use a healing item cause you can't take a Dream Eater. Ko it with a Gyro Ball. He then will sent out his Trevenant and you send out Magcargo. Shell Smash TWICE and sweep the rest of his team with Lava Plume/Ancientpower!

Sorry for putting this thread on the wrong section , and for not replying.

I had to restart my computer due to problems , so I lost my save.

So this thread is useless (my opnion)

Lock or do anything with this thread , I'm starting a new game ;w;