Ledian Evolutionary Ideas

mixerxtreme

Ledian Evolutionary ideas

Ledyba line: Ledyba and ledian

Idea: Give ledian two new regular evolutionary line: Leditron, and Pixian

Evolution:

Male ledian evolves to Leditron if trained with a steel type on party (or holding metal coat or plate) can evolve immediately after 1st evolution (from ledian -no level restriction like nuclear eevee)

Female ledian evolves to Pixian if trained with a fairy type on the party (or holding a fairy type power up item or plate) can evolve immediately after 1st evolution (from ledian -no level restriction like nuclear eevee)

Leditron:

Bug and steel type: An alien (what ledian is based off) robot (with ledians colorscheme, but more bulky covered in armor, its wings turned into a jetpack like addition with two cannon top arms and regular bottom arms but with gauntlets on instead) that specializes in hiding behind shields and shooting missles, bombs and projectiles. Stats can be a bulky slow mutual physical special attacker.

Ability: Infest: normal type moves does bug type damage and recieves bug type stab.

Special Move ideas: Star Shield (ledian recieves power from the stars): protects the user and lowers the opponent special attack if a special attack was used against leditron (kinda flipped to king's shield).

Move ideas: Seed Bomb, Bullet Seed, Egg Bomb, Pin missle (upgraded), magnet bomb, spike cannon, Barrage, Laser pulse, Tri attack, charge beam, shift gear, gear grind, flash cannon, magnet rise, (the rest i leave to you).

Pixian:

Fairy and Flying Type: A fairy (resembling disney tinkerbel) with big buggy compounded eyes, with ledian's colorscheme. having twinkling stars (or star dust) either surrounding or following it. stats can be a fast moderately defensive, mutually moderate physical special attacker (until star power is used of course).

Ability: Zoom sight: increases the accuracy of inacurate moves (moves with accuracy less than 80% recieves and accuracy increase of 50%.

Special move idea: Star Power: Switches power type: power up Physical attack stat and reduces special attack, and powers up special attack and reduces physical attack (interchangably) by 70%-100%. (the idea i had is that when it uses physical attacks it focuses power to its body and cannot attack specially and vice versa. however you can choose to alter the mechanics is fine by me, please try this concept).

move ideas: (based on moves that are rarely used and very inaccurate): Dynamic Punch, Zap Cannon, Focus Blast, Hurricane(its Four main moves basically) fairy type physical and special attacks, (just throwing these out: inaccurate moves like Focus , thunder, blizzard,.... make use of them), fly, wing attack steel wing, (you get the idea).

Edited by mixerxtreme

My favorite Pokemon design wise is Ledian.

What you have here are some interesting ideas, but I'd have to say they aren't realistic changes that Ledian could receive. For one, you're asking for two signature abilities, one for each branding evolution, AND two signature moves, again for each branch. That's demanding a lot for single evolutionary line. Second, Gamefreak doesn't add evolutions anymore. There haven't been any since Generation IV, and it was treated with mixed opinions on adding evolutions and pre-evolutions from the fanbase. Now that mega evolution exists, there's even less of a reason to add new evolutions when you could just add the mega form. Also, why segregate the genders? Ledian already has a difference between genders, the size of their antennae.

All that said, there's plenty of room for a Mega Ledian to come into the picture. I'd assume it would most likely be Bug/Fighting, but I'm personally crossing my fingers for the Bug/Fairy, as I like the idea of paying more attention to the starlight theme Ledian has in its Dex entries.

OMG this text lol. Dude shrink it down, it's so big, it's like you're SCREAMING.

Ledian...hmm actually the idea of split evos is cool, but i'm not crazy about the bug/steel one too much. Bug/fairy I like as an evo idea, but I feel like Ledian's design sort of hints at the sentai-style heroes like Kamen Rider, and would sort of take it in that direction instead. I would make it bigger of course,and keep the general head shape(albeit a bit longer) but make the antennae sharper and more angled, with the spot becoming a star shape and the mouth having a more guard like style(think Kamen Rider's mouth). The 4 arms should remain, but the gloves would extend a bit and appear more like closed fist gauntlets, though not too bulky as to appear cluttered. The legs would grow a bit longer as well and the feet would extend as to resembles boots The outer wings would become sharper in shape and somewhat more aerodynamic, with the spot patterns resembling stars now as well.

Ledian evo(i'll call it Ledihero for now)

type: Bug/Flying

ht: 5:02

wt: 96.5 llbs

ability: Aerialate/Iron fist, Hidden ability: tinted lens

HP: 75

Attk: 100

Def: 70

spcl attk: 110

spcl defense: 110

spd: 110

total: 575

new moves learned: signal beam, cosmic power, tri attack, extreme speed, tailwind, moonlight, stored power, hyper beam,

New tms: hyper mean, charge beam, dazzling gleam, solarbeam, energy ball

New tutors: hyper voice, sky attack, heat wave

dex entry: The star patterns on its out wings absorb cosmic energy which it uses to amplify its physical abilities and power its attacks. It is said to leave a trail of glowing stardust as it zips across the sky.

It has a strong sense of justice and will disobey commands from wicked trainers. The star on his forehead shines brilliantly when it's about to unleash an attack.

I originally had magic guard as a hidden ability but that's kind of cheap.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

Evolution would mean a new form. And Ledian has a very awesome design imo. And a decent movepool. I would just boost its stats to usable numbers so that it sees the light more often. I am not really of the opinion that an evolution or a mega evolution should always be the answer.

Edited by DemICE

I definitely understand where each of you is coming from. but I am the open minded type that believes that anything is possible and don't believe in limiting my options. I especially like the ideas of DEMICE and RIVAL. you both put alot of thought into it and i at some point in time considered those things.

But Ledian is my favorite pokemon and if possible you all making a hack or fan based game or knows someone who is then I believe you should share these ideas.

In terms of gamefreak i believe that Demice's idea is most likely what they would follow: basically just boosting its stats and extending its movepool, but hey, we can dream. thanks for the support.

Evolution would mean a new form. And Ledian has a very awesome design imo. And a decent movepool. I would just boost its stats to usable numbers so that it sees the light more often. I am not really of the opinion that an evolution or a mega evolution should always be the answer.

It could definitely be the answer if Gamefreak believed in boosting stats. This has only ever happened once beyond the Special stat getting split up, and that happened with the introduction of X and Y. A large handful of Pokemon got 10 points added to one of their stats. It was a very small buff, nothing dramatic. Ledian would require far more than 10 points to make it viable outside of PU.

I think Gamefreak could at least switch it's attack and special attack, since it's move pool is significantly more diverse with physical moves. Beyond that, maybe removing Bug-Type's weakness to Rock? As it stands, Rock is a beastly offensive Type, and could stand to get taken down a peg. The only justification is that you can crush bugs with rocks, but Bug-Type Pokemon are just as big as non-Bug-Types, so that justification makes no sense. All the Bug/Flying Types would love dropping that vile 4x weakness to stealth rocks, even if it's still a 2x weakness.

I think Gamefreak could at least switch it's attack and special attack, since it's move pool is significantly more diverse with physical moves. Beyond that, maybe removing Bug-Type's weakness to Rock? As it stands, Rock is a beastly offensive Type, and could stand to get taken down a peg. The only justification is that you can crush bugs with rocks, but Bug-Type Pokemon are just as big as non-Bug-Types, so that justification makes no sense. All the Bug/Flying Types would love dropping that vile 4x weakness to stealth rocks, even if it's still a 2x weakness.

Jugglar you definitely have a valid point there. I just hope they do something. I'd prefer a regular evolution. just don't think that a mega would solve the problem, because the overall pokemon needs some improvement. again thanks :)

and even if they released a mega evo for ledian, i dont think it would be a stat monster, so who would ever sacrifice their only mega slot for ledian?

But think about mawile. Who could've imagined a Pokemon from the pits of NU rising to OU / ban list?

You can't really assume a Mega Ledian would be worthless when you don't know what stats / ability it would get. Ledian's greatest asset is it's magnificent move pool. The right ability and stats could really make it powerful.

I wouldn't use Mawile as an example because Huge Power basically gave Mawile 230 extra points in Attack to work with.

A similar case is Beedrill. With a pitful base stat of 390, you'd think not even a mega can save it. But with the right increase of stats and sacrificing the unneeded Special Attack stat, it became an UU monster.

But think about mawile. Who could've imagined a Pokemon from the pits of NU rising to OU / ban list?

You can't really assume a Mega Ledian would be worthless when you don't know what stats / ability it would get. Ledian's greatest asset is it's magnificent move pool. The right ability and stats could really make it powerful.

i guess.... though mega mawile is not such a good example because it got banned to ubers. but ubers have much better megas like mewtwo or salamence, so mawile doesnt see the light so often there..

I wouldn't use Mawile as an example because Huge Power basically gave Mawile 230 extra points in Attack to work with.

A similar case is Beedrill. With a pitful base stat of 390, you'd think not even a mega can save it. But with the right increase of stats and sacrificing the unneeded Special Attack stat, it became an UU monster.

Mega Ledian could possibly see Huge Power as an ability. With its diverse physical moveset, redeeming its pitiful 35 base attack in some way would be ideal. I mentioned before wanting to swap Attack with Special Attack on base Ledian. You could see something like:

HP 55 | 55

Attack 55 | 85

Defense 50 | 70

Sp Atk 35 | 35

Sp Def 110 | 130

Speed 85 | 115

This with Huge Power could definitely push Ledian into a more respectable tier.