Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods

Currently there are two trainers and the player surfing sprites remaining. In the meantime, I decided to list the newly obtainable Pokemon in ep 3 outside the starter event below. Since I type these by hand and this is a long list, it'll save me some time when the sprites are finished and it's time to make the ep 3 post. 

As mentioned before, Alolan forms are separate Pokedex entries. Rather than changing forms from the usual species, they're found in the wild. (they're also available when choosing a starter in the beginning; they'll be at the end of the Alola section) Or in the case of Alolan Raichu, Exeggutor, and Marowak, they're branch evolutions. 

EDIT: Forgot Dhelmise

Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise
Alolan Rattata/Alolan Raticate
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Sandshrew/Alolan Sandslash
Vulpix/Ninetales
Alolan Vulpix/Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Meowth/Alolan Persian
Mankey/Primeape
Growlithe/Arcanine
Tentacool/Tentacruel
Alolan Geodude/Alolan Graveler/Alolan Golem
Ponyta/Rapidash
Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
Doduo/Dodrio 
Seel/Dewgong
Voltorb/Electrode
Alolan Exeggutor
Cubone/Marowak/Alolan Marowak
Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior
Kangaskhan
Scyther/Scizor
Smoochum/Jynx
Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
Magby/Magmar/Magmortar
Tauros
Ditto
Porygon/Porygon2/Porygon-Z
Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion
Gligar/Gliscor
Sneasel/Weavile
Slugma/Magcargo
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine
Delibird
Mantyke/Mantine
Miltank
Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar
Nosepass/Probopass
Electrike/Manectric
Wailmer/Wailord
Numel/Camerupt
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
Zangoose
Seviper
Baltoy/Claydol
Castform
Kecleon
Snorunt/Glalie/Froslass 
Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape
Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon
Starly/Staravia/Staraptor
Chatot
Spiritomb
Gible/Gabite/Garchomp
Riolu/Lucario
Snover/Abomasnow
Tepig/Pignite/Emboar
Timburr/Gurdurr/Conkeldurr
Throh
Sawk
Darumaka/Darmanitan
Scraggy/Scrafty
Sigilyph
Yamask/Cofagrigus
Trubbish/Garbodor
Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe
Karrablast/Escavalier
Frillish/Jellicent
Joltik/Galvantula
Klink/Klang/Klinklang
Elgyem/Beheeyem
Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus
Cubchoo/Beartic
Shelmet/Accelgor
Mienfoo/Mienshao
Druddigon
Golett/Golurk
Pawniard/Bisharp
Bouffalant
Rufflet/Braviary
Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon
Larvesta/Volcarona
Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja
Litleo/Pyroar
Skiddo/Gogoat
Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash
Binacle/Barbaracle
Helioptile/Heliolisk
Hawlucha
Bergmite/Avalugg
Pikipek/Trumbeak/Toucannon
Yungoos/Gumshoos
Grubbin/Charjabug/Vikavolt
Crabrawler/Crabominable
Oricorio
Cutiefly/Ribombee
Rockruff/Lycanroc
Wishiwashi
Mareanie/Toxapex
Mudbray/Mudsdale
Dewpider/Araquanid
Fomantis/Lurantis
Stufful/Bewear
Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena
Comfey
Wimpod/Golisopod
Sandygast/Palossand
Pyukumuku
Type: Null/Silvally
Komala
Togedemaru
Mimikyu
Bruxish

Dhelmise
Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o/Kommo-o
Pheromosa*
Guzzlord
*A Pheromosa event was planned, but it's kind of complicated to set up. SPB is the one who came up with the event, so I'd like more feedback from her when she has Internet again. Pheromosa will either be in a re-upload of ep 3 between the public release and Legend Mode, or retroactively added in ep 4. That being said, you can still expect to see a Pheromosa in ep 3, thanks to one of Palletite's sprites giving me the inspiration to add it to that trainer's team. 

• Global Mods
7 minutes ago, Twilightwing said:

adding UBs huh welp this game is getting more and more interesting with every new update. I'm guessing you're going to give us Beast Balls now or will they be catchable with regular pokeballs?

I haven't added in Beast Balls, since I'm not sure I would know how to do that (as in, make a Poke Ball with a catch rate higher for specific Pokemon; plus I'd have to add a Beast Ball graphic to the party screen feature and I probably couldn't do it very well). Most of the Ultra Beasts will join your team after defeating them in battle. There'll be event variations of course (as in how you find them, why you battle them, etc.) but you'll likely never have to actually catch one in a wild encounter. The only one I still need to come up with an event idea for is Celesteela, and they all either join you or are given to you after a battle. 

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, Twilightwing said:

Oh damn you're going to add Celesteela in that's awesome!. Hmmm an event for the bamboo rocket maybe make it related to Wonky wood?

Oh, not necessarily in episode 3. I meant of all the Ultra Beasts, Celesteela is the only one I don't have any event idea for yet (I plan ahead with a lot of Pokemon events; I even have all the legendary quests planned out except for Moltres, Groudon, Rayquaza, Palkia, and Heatran, and this includes Gen 7 legends). Wonky Woods would be a very fitting place for Celesteela though. 

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, Twilightwing said:

ah ok so we only get 2 UBs in 3, but still Pheromosa is a surprising thing to add unless you going to make it level 100 or something and we have to work really hard for it which would be satisfying.

Well, if I decide to go with Wonky Woods for Celesteela's location, it would be added in a re-upload or retroactively in ep 4 like Pheromosa, since we have access to Wonky Woods. 

The Pheromosa event is planned to take place near the beginning of the game, but it would be at a high enough level to be a challenge. Pheromosa has low defenses, so high enough that the player can't OHKO it with a super effective move hopefully.

ah ok so we only get 2 UBs in 3, but still Pheromosa is a surprising thing to add unless you going to make it level 100 or something and we have to work really hard for it which would be satisfying.

leech seed and lv 1 sturdy are a thing

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, sandy said:

will we be getting e3 without legend mode?

Yes. Legend Mode will be a separate download and you can choose to either play the game in the format it's always been in or play Legend Mode. (Legend Mode likely won't be coming until 2-3 weeks after public release though, assuming SPB gets internet back soon)

• Global Mods

so can we say that episode 3 might come in 2 or 3 weeks as a estimate?

Episode 3 will come out as soon as Palletite finishes the sprites. Palletite finished midterms recently so has more time to work on them, and now there's only one trainer remaining plus the surfing sprites for the players. 

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Twilightwing said:

so since gen 7 mon is added will you guys need beta testers?

Oh, I actually haven't done beta testing since the initial release of ep 1. But I tested each move and ability as I put them in to make sure they work and have the correct effects. The ones in the game at the moment all work. (there were some I wasn't able to work and had to remove because they caused errors. one example of that is the ability Water Bubble, which for some reason caused all moves in battle on both sides to be skipped when I added it) It's always possible there are oversights though.

The reason I haven't done beta testing since ep 1 is because of my own shyness. I'm not sure if 2/3 of the testers finished the game. The testing period happened when they were extremely busy from exams and other life reasons, and eventually I didn't hear any more from them about the game. It's not their fault; like I said they were very busy and they even told me they would be beforehand, but that they would do as much as they could. I was too shy to ask them if they had any updates on feedback or finding bugs, since I didn't know when their exam period ended and didn't want to bother them if they were still busy, so after a few weeks I just released the episode. I think I'd be less afraid to ask questions like that now, but the idea is still kind of scary. So it's unlikely there will ever be beta testing again.

That being said, I play through the game as I add things in. Palletite also plays in addition to working on sprites, and has notified me of bugs before. I think with each episode I get better with bugs. Episode 1 probably had between 30-40 bugs total, but episode 2 only had a few.

The only bug I know of in ep 3 right now (not including those on the known bugs list in the OP of this thread) is that it's possible to re-enter Christmas Slowking's cave as a human if you exit the cave, turn to the left and speak to it to have it turn you back into a human, and then go back in. Since you were originally Christmas Slowking when stepping on the event tile and haven't moved away from it, you wouldn't have activated Slowking's speech that you can only enter if you're Christmas Slowking. I also originally forgot to give Premier Balls to some Team Portal battles, but that's been fixed. 

29 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Oh, I actually haven't done beta testing since the initial release of ep 1. But I tested each move and ability as I put them in to make sure they work and have the correct effects. The ones in the game at the moment all work. (there were some I wasn't able to work and had to remove because they caused errors. one example of that is the ability Water Bubble, which for some reason caused all moves in battle on both sides to be skipped when I added it) It's always possible there are oversights though.

The reason I haven't done beta testing since ep 1 is because of my own shyness. I'm not sure if 2/3 of the testers finished the game. The testing period happened when they were extremely busy from exams and other life reasons, and eventually I didn't hear any more from them about the game. It's not their fault; like I said they were very busy and they even told me they would be beforehand, but that they would do as much as they could. I was too shy to ask them if they had any updates on feedback or finding bugs, since I didn't know when their exam period ended and didn't want to bother them if they were still busy, so after a few weeks I just released the episode. I think I'd be less afraid to ask questions like that now, but the idea is still kind of scary. So it's unlikely there will ever be beta testing again.

That being said, I play through the game as I add things in. Palletite also plays in addition to working on sprites, and has notified me of bugs before. I think with each episode I get better with bugs. Episode 1 probably had between 30-40 bugs total, but episode 2 only had a few.

The only bug I know of in ep 3 right now (not including those on the known bugs list in the OP of this thread) is that it's possible to re-enter Christmas Slowking's cave as a human if you exit the cave, turn to the left and speak to it to have it turn you back into a human, and then go back in. Since you were originally Christmas Slowking when stepping on the event tile and haven't moved away from it, you wouldn't have activated Slowking's speech that you can only enter if you're Christmas Slowking. 

hmm the bug with water bubble seems weird. All it have to do is prevent burn and boost to water moves

• Global Mods
19 minutes ago, Twilightwing said:

hmm the bug with water bubble seems weird. All it have to do is prevent burn and boost to water moves

Yeah, I have no idea why that happened. I added it in the script sections for Water Veil and Torrent, which should make it work since those abilities work. I did the same method for Comatose, adding it next to each ability that gives immunity to a status condition except for sleep, and Comatose works fine. But for some reason Water Bubble caused every turn to be skipped. It's probably the strangest bug I've ever had happen. 

24 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Yeah, I have no idea why that happened. I added it in the script sections for Water Veil and Torrent, which should make it work since those abilities work. I did the same method for Comatose, adding it next to each ability that gives immunity to a status condition except for sleep, and Comatose works fine. But for some reason Water Bubble caused every turn to be skipped. It's probably the strangest bug I've ever had happen. 

maybe ask Jan or Zumi's help on this. so is merging the abilities easier then making it from scratch? 

• Global Mods
Just now, Twilightwing said:

maybe ask Jan or Zumi's help on this. so is merging the abilities easier then making it from scratch? 

If an ability has the same effect as another ability, it can be added next to it in the scripts. Here's the part of the scripts for abilities that prevent the user from sleeping. 

21361724b54644ba90e823b0149218b0.png

• Global Mods
18 minutes ago, phantomness said:

I couldn't find an answer to this question in the thread, so...

Do Pokemon encounters in each area differ based on morning/day/night cycles? I haven't gotten very far into the game yet, I was just curious.

Thank you very much!

The only place encounters differ by time of day is at the Legend Dairy. During the day there you can find Skitty, Glameow, and Shinx, while during the night you can find Poochyena, Purrloin, and Stunky. There are other encounters there, but they appear both during the day and at night.