Happy Future Fourth of July!

Honchy

So next month rolls over, then we go into July. For me, the months of May June July, and part of August are all part of my summer vacation! When fourth of july comes, we celebrate the day where we Americans broke away from Britain! (sound familiar?)

Anyways, what we do to celebrate in my town and probably in your's is lighting up fireworks and putting our own lives in danger by letting amateurs handle explosive material with non regulated fireworks equipment (like, your dad's beer bottle).

The big boys get to handle the giant fireworks while your drunken parents laugh their asses off for no reason, while half of the people that were supposed to come instead go out and get Taco Bell and go to the city fireworks party (which is much safter, by the way).

while I get to go inside and do computer things while my dad studies in the dining room. Don't call me a wet blanket, I have damaged hearing, I'm not a big fan of explosives.

Anyways, what do YOU do for your Fourth of July celebration? And even if you don't live in the land of the whopper, you can still tell me what you think of this idiotic celebration (just wait until Halloween).

Anyways, what do YOU do for your Fourth of July celebration?

the same thing I try to do every night pinky, try to take over the world.

Spend time with family and hang out with others, usual stuff

Our family goes over to our friends' house eats all their food... sometimes we throw teeny tiny explosives at each other. We'll probably go swimming in their pool while the Legal Drinking Age people get super smashed. I will inevitably have to drive us home.

i live in the netherlands but id like to be in america when the 4th of july happens

my boyfriend told me theres a cool lake place where his grandpa used to have a house or something? and you can just get on a boat and watch fireworks at night. it all reflects on the water so it sounds really pretty. i dont mind the holiday at all i guess, though i dont know much more about celebration other than fireworks happen. we sort of have the same with the 4th and 5th of may i guess? though that has to do with world war II. i imagine its still sort of a similar holiday??

it just sounds like an interesting thing to experience sometime. tbh i just want to live in america for a full year and get with all those holidays yall have. i guess even some state specific holidays. (if there are any??) id just be stuck in missouri though.

We have some kind of watered-down fourth of July here, but only a few people celebrate it. : /

Our country once had a dilemma on whether to put our independence day on the fourth of July or the twelfth of June.

Guess which date won?

Not fourth of July that's what.

It's different every year for me. I think this year Ill be going to a friends to eat their food and play Smash/Pokemon. Also there will be fireworks. Lots and lots of fireworks.

I stand on the doorstep and yell at kids to get off the lawn. Oh, wait, that's October.

In all seriousness, though, prolly nothing. 3rd shifter in a 0700-1700 family, for you.

Edited by Cobalt996

The 4th of July is the holiday where everyone has backyard bbq parties. Burgers, hotdogs, steaks, ribs, corn, etc, etc. All the desired foods you can cook out on the grill, usually supplemented by sides and things from guests. All chased down with cold beer and sodas. yep,in stereotypical American style, we celebrate with food

Depending on what state or what part of the state you live in, having your own small bit of fireworks might be illegal (mostly depends on how dry the climate is).

Most cities/towns put on their own fireworks somewhere. If there's a baseball or football game that night, the stadiums will usually have their own impressive fireworks display after the game. We used to go to the baseball game for the hotdogs and fireworks for some 4 of July's. They always played this song during the display.

People sit on their roofs or find spots throughout the city where they can get a good view of the fireworks.

Idk if anybody typically gets the whole day off, but at the very least people get off work early for it. I know we merely got off work an hour or so earlier than usual when I was in the Army.

hmm, there aren't any state specific holidays that I know about.