Anime industry deploys "Pirate Hunters" to take down illegal manga and anime websites

Nhadala

Fuck that.

I dont have access to Crunchyroll or Funimation, how the hell am i supposed to watch anime then?

And 100% of the Manga that get translated to english are done so by Fans and theres no legal way to get them translated.

If they are going to do something like that then offer alternatives to those who dont have access to it like us otherwise dont bother doing it.

"Pirate Hunters" is such an anime name to give something like that

but yeah. i'm feeling roughly the same, nothing is released legally where i live – but on the other hand, i really do understand why they're doing it. if i was losing millions on my shit being illegally torrented i'd probably try to stop it too.

this may actually backfire for japan really badly tbh means go ahead do it i have my dvds though some of the manga i read isnt translated and i have to get through fan sites but i can live with that. but the point is anime does not make its money only by watching it generates a crowd much merchandise and in turn much community hype and many more ppl trying it the thing is when you look at an anime some people have opinion of an anime the second they see the cover so if you just go ahead and are usually persuaded by others who did watch it and most of them watch it via these sites and thus the hype starts to build up and spread around now if less people have access to it that means less word will get out less hype will build less sponsors will be interested

Edit. Also if anyone wants to point out that what about the ones that watch anime by buying it the thing is hundreds of series are released each year and less than 1 percent all of them actually closer to 0 so the thing is most of the anime will not get the word out and/or have such a low audience that it dies

Edited by NovaKnight

• Support Squad

if you have access to pirating sites you have access to crunchyroll. Only the newest content and their manga is behind a paywall and even then the new episodes come out from that paywall when the episode after comes out. I'll concede that the selection is not perfect but it's legal and predominantly free.

As for the manga, that kinda sucks. I know that a manga getting translated into even english isn't 100%, other languages even less. That said, it is their IP, they are not making a profit from it. It's well within their rights to crack down on its distribution. Maybe they will figure out from the nmbers that there is an audience to capitalise on, who knows?

if you have access to pirating sites you have access to crunchyroll. Only the newest content and their manga is behind a paywall and even then the new episodes come out from that paywall when the episode after comes out. I'll concede that the selection is not perfect but it's legal and predominantly free.

As for the manga, that kinda sucks. I know that a manga getting translated into even english isn't 100%, other languages even less. That said, it is their IP, they are not making a profit from it. It's well within their rights to crack down on its distribution. Maybe they will figure out from the nmbers that there is an audience to capitalise on, who knows?

Not all countries have access to Crunchyroll and even those who do dont have access to all anime.