the countdown begins Zero escape thread

nepeta100

• Administrators

I just saw on tumblr that apparently the outcome of decisions is randomized?? I haven't seen anything official about that, does anyone know what that's about? I'm sort of wary.

sure I would be happy to fill you in for example there is a moment of the game where there is a gun that you can shoot or not and there is a 50 50 chance that the gun shot will actually kill the person

Acording to the wiki randomness chance and unfairness are a core part of the game

For more on this you can check out the randomized outcomes page on the zero time dilemma page on the zero escape wiki Sorry my computer is having problems copy pasting

Edited by nepeta100

• Administrators

Zero Escape is a trilogy of visual novel-puzzle games, each featuring a cast of 9 characters trapped in a survival game. They have to work together-- or sometimes, against each other-- to escape, and find out who the mastermind behind the game is.

The first game is 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors, or just 999, for DS (also now on Steam)

Second is Virtue's Last Reward for 3DS and Vita. I strongly recommend not playing this until you've finished 999.

The third game, Zero Time Dilemma, was almost not produced to VLR's poor sales. However the very dedicated fans of the series were able to rally enough support, and the creator's company allowed him to produce the last game after all. It releases on 6/28. The hype is real.

• Administrators

I'm definitely going to try this out it reminds me of danganronpa based on ame's description and profile picture

If you like Dangan Ronpa you will almost certainly like this. They're the same company, and the creators of each are friends and coworkers, and have helped each other out in writing each of them. In fact, in DR1 there was even an explicit reference to 999. And in SDR2 the part where you play as a certain fuccboi was directly modeled after Zero Escape's style of puzzles.

who here that has been following the game at least in terms of characters which one is your favorite so far out of the main nine and zero try to not pick phi, sigma, or junepei

junpei got cute tho

but yeah same akane is still fair game??

mila also looks pretty covered in blood but then who doesn't so idk.

I just saw on tumblr that apparently the outcome of decisions is randomized?? I haven't seen anything official about that, does anyone know what that's about? I'm sort of wary.

From what I have read some of the choices are randomized with the example at one point sigma has a gun pointed at has head with 3 out of 6 bullets in the chamber. It's a 50% chance for him to die in that run without any way of stopping it. It seems that design choice is to add on to the theme that life isn't fair.

This is a series I've been meaning to get into for a while now since I heard that it was made by the same people who made the Danganronpa games. I've just been waiting for a Steam release for the first game (I have a DS and all that, but I kinda just want to play it on PC to see if they can transition it over to PC as well as they did with Danganronpa). Trying my best to remain spoiler-free of it since I'm assuming that it's like Danganronpa in regards to experiencing the story. I got spoiled on a few parts of the Danganronpa games--except for Ultra Despair Girls, which I voluntarily decided to just read about--that I'm sure would've surprised me, so I'm trying to not make that mistake again. So, kinda made a rule for myself that if I see a character's name pop up in any discussion for this series, I'm just going to stop reading at that point until I get to play it.

If you like Dangan Ronpa you will almost certainly like this. They're the same company, and the creators of each are friends and coworkers, and have helped each other out in writing each of them. In fact, in DR1 there was even an explicit reference to 999. And in SDR2 the part where you play as a certain fuccboi was directly modeled after Zero Escape's style of puzzles.

junpei got cute tho

but yeah same akane is still fair game??tal

mila also looks pretty covered in blood but then who doesn't so idk.

totally forgot akane was in the game too lol

Yup, 999 is that kind of game. Some major events at the end of the game are such mindscrews and so well thought out that they'll make you reevaluate the whole game and the way you played it.

In general it's a really well written and fun/tragic/mindscrewy game that anyone should play, it's really a gem.

Yeah i also heard about the positive reviews but I'm not going to read them because I don't want risk being spoiled any more about the game

edit the game comes out tomorrow please put spoilers where appropriate guys

Edited by nepeta100