End of the School Year

June's coming up soon and, for quite a few of us, the end of the school year is almost here. So, I want to ask, how has this year of education been for you? Not just the final few weeks, but more like the entire year. Did you like it? Did you hate it? I'd like to hear what you'd have to say.

• Support Squad

It's difficult to sum that up. I want to keep going on about it but then I keep taking myself into tangents. I'm going to uni next year so this is my last mandatory year of education. I'll just describe it in 3 words.

Fast, scary and frustrating.

Well not being an American I'm only about half way through this school you but I can answer anyway :D

I've had quite a good year in terms of academic results and have found a lot of my subjects interesting.

But in some ways I've just started to find things a bit mundane and repetitive, which isn't ideal so overall I'd say the year has been good without being great.

It was a great year with plenty of great things, but also overcoming a lot of challenges. College courses are finally a challenge compared to everything leading up to this point, which made them fun but a chore at times. Socially, it was amazing until the very end, when everything went wrong. Still, I'm looking forward to the upcoming year and fixing everything that went wrong and working towards a brighter future.

Unfathomable amounts of stress to say the least. Being an honor's/AP student who thinks less of himself for getting a B while juggling an incredible workload and voluntarily putting it all on himself is not fun. But hey, there have been some good things.

All I will say is...

g4tfuu5ft4ufel7lcdyn.gif

Its been a long and twisted road, these last 12 years. But I'm glad I'll finally be out of this fucking system soon (like literally, only ten more days). I hate standardized tests, and I hate being made to memorize and regurgitate pointless facts and trivia onto a god damn scantron every spring, but those are only the tip of the ice berg; I could rant on and on about why I hate the public school systems and regulations in America, and we'd be here all damn night.

Thankfully though, Seniors who do decently enough around here are like, exempt from every single exam, and most of us are at the point where we've already passed classes requiring an SOL (Standards of Learning... it's Virginia's own brand of the bullshit standardized testing that came out of NCLB) test. And luckily for me, I'm an A-B student...

and that's with me fucking slacking off and procrastinating till the last minute- barely giving it any real effort or commitment at all.

I'm just fucking done with it all. Aside from one class that I actually enjoyed because my teacher was determined to break the god damn mold and teach us shit that we would actually need to know for life beyond school (such as who really owns this supposed "republic" and how this country was originally supposed to be like), everyone can go fuck off for all I care.

It always seems to go kinda fast, doesn't it? Well, now comes the end of my law-required education, but I intend to return for A Levels for another two years. They'll be harder than GCSEs, of course, but I hope the smaller number of subjects means I'll finally be doing what I want to be doing.

The past year has been a period of uncertainty about my future, which had the side effect of me getting through it quite quickly because I was focusing on other things. So there's that.

Well compared to The US, in Europe we've still got a month of education left. So yay, exams. Otherwise my year has been bog standard, nothing much changed during the transition from high school to university. It's still pretty much the same.

Oh how I miss the tumult and upheaval that other's describe as being the standard during this transition. But alas, I have to make do. *Goes back to reading*