Overwatch General Discussion

foovy10

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Jericho said:

I finally tried the game. I've only played Zenyatta so far. Was playing on my sisters PS4 account constantly getting best healer, with about a 2.0 K/D on average. She is level 98. Is this game supposed to be difficult?

Your sister's skill rating must be pretty low then. Lvl 98 only says so much, like how much time was spent playing. Look into the settings and see how many total hours played or something.

NGL this game is very easy.  The frustration comes from teammates being stupid by either.

A. Picking heroes that don't work well together.

B. All wanting to be DPS. Or wanting to be the MVP.

C. Running off on solo adventures doing Go knows what.

D. Running straight to the point dying instantly.

E. Insisting on solo maiming a hero, despite how useful they are for the situation.

F. Complaining like they aren't doing anything wrong. (Blaming their healer)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 10:59 PM, Jericho said:

I finally tried the game. I've only played Zenyatta so far. Was playing on my sisters PS4 account constantly getting best healer, with about a 2.0 K/D on average. She is level 98. Is this game supposed to be difficult?

lvl 98 console. that should answer your question. also, was it quick play or comp? if comp, what sr?

Edited by Gore

6 hours ago, Gore said:

lvl 98 console. that should answer your question. also, was it quick play or comp? if comp, what sr?

He bought the game for himself and is SR 2400+?

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Jericho said:

Didn't buy it, she had it for Xbox and then gave it to me. I'm up to 2850 now.

So you commment a month later? Which gave you plenty of time to climb.

I don't really find the game that fun any more, even though I got it fairly recently. It just feels that you absolutely need to work with and rely on your team, like carrying is impossible. I think I prefer League because when you play better, you get stronger (items, gold, exp.) while in this game, the only improvement you get during play is your ult, some of which are still incredibly team reliant.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 2:03 AM, Felix the Cat said:

I don't really find the game that fun any more, even though I got it fairly recently. It just feels that you absolutely need to work with and rely on your team, like carrying is impossible. I think I prefer League because when you play better, you get stronger (items, gold, exp.) while in this game, the only improvement you get during play is your ult, some of which are still incredibly team reliant.

You can carry yourself if you're good enough. I made a smurf and threw my competitive placement matches with a pistol mercy to place bronze and see how far I could climb from there. Unfortunately lowest I could place was 1700 silver, because that's how bad dps players are around that elo. I climbed by sometimes picking heroes I'm good at, regardless of whether my team comp needed them or not, and other times by filling with what my team needed the most. I got to diamond in one day and that account is still sitting at around 3200 SR (if it hasn't decayed).

You can carry yourself fairly easily in this game no matter what role you pick, even if it's that of a healer. A good healer can carry just as much as a good dps or tank hero.

Assuming you're talking about the game from a competitive point of view, because there's no way you can take quick play or arcade seriously. Those are just for having fun.

7 hours ago, Felix the Cat said:

I just got Lionheardt skin, Tracer's dance emote, and Symmetra's clap emote.

Still sad there's nothing new for Reaper.

Reaper has a Dance and Victory Pose.

10 hours ago, Felix the Cat said:

I just got Lionheardt skin, Tracer's dance emote, and Symmetra's clap emote.

Still sad there's nothing new for Reaper.

reaper got the shrug emote from the blackwatch comic :')