Overwatch General Discussion

foovy10

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/22/2016 at 2:54 AM, Maelstrom said:

Godot needs to post that video he showed me of the OW voice actors having fun.

And we should totally send them requests of lines to say that would be cool if they said 'em in character.

Late but here you go.

I actually swung by to ask about your guy's luck on the Christmas event.  So far I opened the costumes for Tracer and McCree.  I want Reaper's, Lucio's, and Winston's.  I also opened Symmetra's Highlight intro.

As for Symmetra's update itself... she is a lot more fun, but not THAT amazing. In my eyes she is like a Sombra.  She does cool fun things, but doesn't really have a proper place on your team.

So far I've gotten a few nice voice lines and sprays, a couple toast emotes, as well as the Lucio skin (which I really like), if I don't get the Symmetra intro and some Mei stuff before the end of the event I will probably end up buying them. The Pharah and Winston skins are also pretty cool.

Snowball fight is absolutely insane and adds further fuel to the flame of Mei being secretly evil "I'm gonna put a rock in this one!"

The Christmas maps also look very nice, with all the little touches. The christmas tree on the wall of the attacker's spawn on King's Row is perfect to decorate with your teams sprays.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2016 at 8:42 PM, Maelstrom said:

mouse-clicking scum.

That reminds me, I have to trim up a short clip of a TRUE play of the game:

sneky snek preview

Reveal hidden contents

Mei saves team from DVa ult with ice wall. Good guy Mei.

Its funnier when Winston bubbles her mech as it is exploding.

Also the xmas event ended, I think the only skins I missed are Roadhog's and Torb's.  But I will survive.  Despite being a borderline Roadhog main.

I don't really main anyone.

2 minutes ago, Godot said:

Its funnier when Winston bubbles her mech as it is exploding.

Also the xmas event ended, I think the only skins I missed are Roadhog's and Torb's.  But I will survive.  Despite being a borderline Roadhog main.

I don't really main anyone.

Roadhog is one of those easy to pick up champs that are just good. My brother and his friend played on my account over the holidays and he was pretty much the character they did the best with overall. I wouldn't be surprised if they both picked up the game soon.

I got Zarya's taunt and the Highlight Intros for both Widow Maker and Symmetra.  

I did some placement matches and didn't get THAT great of an outcome.  My first 3 matches went amazingly as I got matched up with people that actually knew what they were doing.  Do we obviously won. 

Matches 4-7 were painful.  I kept getting matched up with idiots who were all dps mains.  I lost all but one match, one I managed to get a draw in.  And one of those matches was a serious tease.  I got matched up, and my allies seemed to know what they were doing, I picked my character, the countdown was starting, and then some douche on the enemy team left ending the game immediately.  Next match put  me in the same game as most of those people... but they were on the enemy team... and the teammates I got were all garbage =(

What was more annoying is that one of he guys that was on mic that I was talking to was using Roadhog, and when I got matched up against him, I used Roadhog and outperformed him in everyway...  so I know that loss wasn't my fault...

last game I got matched up with people that actually knew what they were doing, we wrecked the enemy team and I was feeling tired so I called it a night.  My elo rank was a starting dismal 1500... I kinda don't want to bother building it up, but maybe.  Not entirely sure how far I can get in solo queue.

edit: oh hey, new map out.

Yeah, Chris and Ricky, his friend, did two placement matches that they lost for me before they left for the night. Then I started playing on my own and got matched with a really great mixed team. That first game and the one after, we completely stomped the other team. Then we fought tougher teams and we were able to stop them sooner than they stopped us and just barely managed to win that last match by .1 meters. Then, we all ended up disbanding to sleep.

Haven't played since and I'm worried about who else I'll be teamed up with next. But I still need 4 more matches for placement.

So question- how do they determine to reward you with those points after a match? I had 13 of those pink marks from the first few times I tried placement with Godot. But with these other matches, I'd gotten 10 for each win.

And seriously, 3000 of 'em for a golden weapon, dear jeebus?!

15 minutes ago, Maelstrom said:

Yeah, Chris and Ricky, his friend, did two placement matches that they lost for me before they left for the night. Then I started playing on my own and got matched with a really great mixed team. That first game and the one after, we completely stomped the other team. Then we fought tougher teams and we were able to stop them sooner than they stopped us and just barely managed to win that last match by .1 meters. Then, we all ended up disbanding to sleep.

Haven't played since and I'm worried about who else I'll be teamed up with next. But I still need 4 more matches for placement.

So question- how do they determine to reward you with those points after a match? I had 13 of those pink marks from the first few times I tried placement with Godot. But with these other matches, I'd gotten 10 for each win.

And seriously, 3000 of 'em for a golden weapon, dear jeebus?!

I do believe the points are tallied for you as a combination of win+your own abilities in the match (i think it -may- go based on medals earned)

• 2 weeks later...