[IC] TTG Chapter 1: Sloth

Shamitako

(OOC: Check the OOC thread before posting here, I made info appear)

Sloth Chapter - Audience Phase

Everyone - The Sixth God's Throne Room

The contestants stared up at the throne, some in awe, some in boredom, most probably stared in shock. They had all heard tales of Sleeping Bear, the man who was so strong he had become a god in his sleep, but none of them had imagined he would look quite so... sleepy. He sat their on his throne, although really it was barely more than a chair, halfheartedly looking at them and wholeheartedly looking like he wanted to go back to bed. This man was a god? This man didn't even look like a bear. As they approached, Black Idol stepped forward and bowed, wiping away any hope that this was all some cruel joke. She then turned to the eight contestants and spoke in her cheerful idol voice, "Revenant, Slumbering Giant, Silent Requiem, Hellfire Knight, Ricochet, Supernova, LOLI_HUNTER, and Strider. This is your first Audience with one of the gods, so allow me to inform you of proper procedure. approach the god, bow, and state your alias. You will then have a moment to speak among yourselves or ask questions of the god and myself. Afterwards, the god shall recount a brief history of the plane and then see you on your way." She bowed to the eight of them and then turned back to Sleeping Bear, who was now literally asleep. "My Lord." She said calmly, as though nothing were out of the ordinary, "It is a great honor to present to you the eight challengers of the grand tournament."

"Yeah, sure, just get this over with." The way Bear spoke made one wonder if he might be talking in his sleep.

The attitude in the room felt stale. The pale lighting provided by the single chandelier to the very grey and crumbling cathedral combined with the Sixth God's attitude to make one feel as though the whole place was simply waiting to die. In fact, perhaps it was. If the winner of this tournament failed, then it might actually die. And yet, with how depressing it was, one might wonder if there was even any point in saving it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Do nothing, say nothing)

Hiroki took two hesitant steps forward, out of equal parts nervousness and the fact that her outfit wasn't exactly created with ease of movement in mind. She wobbled almost imperceptibly on the tall platform shoes, still unused to them. She would have worn taller but at that point it would actually be more practical to wear stilts. They still didn't add quite enough to her height, in her mind - the shoes didn't even quite get her to five feet, though she hoped the other contestants would assume the person underneath the cloak was hunched over, hiding a more impressive stature.

She bowed, making sure to bend her knees slightly so the motion more accurately matched her false height, controlling the urge to scratch at the device that adhered to the left side of her jaw. She spoke in the barest whisper, almost inaudible to her own ears, especially past the sound that emerged after an instant of delay. "I am the Hellfire Knight. I am honored to meet you, Lord Sleeping Bear." The voice that everyone heard was not the faltering one of a nervous girl, but a harsh, deep, and clearly artificial voice that emanated from the speaker on her chin.

After speaking, she carefully stepped backward to her original position, and peered back and forth at the other contestants as best as she could while keeping actual head motions to a minimum.

(Do Nothing, Do nothing)

Ricochet was the next to step forwards, bowing respectfully as he spoke.

"I am Ricochet. It is truly an honor to meet you, Lord Sleeping Bear."

Then, he returned to the line, waiting for the god to tell them about the circle.

Edited by K_H

(Ask the god a question, Do nothing)

Tai, not sure about the formalities, mimicked Ricochet's moves. He stepped forward, bowed, and spoke. "I am the Supernova. It's a great honor to meet you in person, Lord Sleeping Bear."
He then stepped back, trying to suppress his excitement. "How satisfying is it to be the god of this plane?" Tai asked when his turn came.

Edited by IntSys

Adam - Say something characterizing, do nothing

Adam stepped forward and gave a polite bow to Sleeping Bear. "I am Silent Requiem, my lord." He said. He stepped back and pondered the Sixth God's appearance while he waited for the others to finish with their introductions. He had heard from Lord that Sleeping Bear was not exactly what one would hope for from a god, but he had not quite expected this. It was jarring to say the least. For someone so used to dealing with a proud and noble god, this was quite the step down. Still, Lord would want him to try to be nice. "As heir to the throne of Pride I extend the greetings of my home plane and thanks for your hospitality." He said when it came his turn to speak again.

MOMMO - SAY NOTHING/ DO NOTHING

'My legs hurt...' Mommo's thoughts resonated in her head as she swayed on her feet, face blank but slowly taking up a reddish hue as she tried her best not to slump down.

It was quite a challenge for the young girl to keep herself on her feet like this. She couldn't remember when was the last time when she'd had to stay up for so long... Must've been ages, judging from the way her legs felt so heavy... She never really had to keep standing, nor move, not even in her mech... It sure would be nice being like Master Sloth... He could just sleep all day if he wanted to... But that's what she was working hard towards attaining anyways...

When her turn came, she sighed and stepped forward, barely, her pillow dragging itself behind her socks, just waiting for her to drop onto it, and bowed as much as she could. She couldn't look at the Bear, he embodied what she wanted and she didn't want to appear envious or anything. "I am the Slumbering Giant." The short girl said and stepped back.

She wanted to lie down...

Solomon- Do Nothing, Talk to the God

He strode forward without hesitation at his turn, giving a quick, subtle inclination of himself that most would probably not even register as a bow. More of a nod, really. Even with the legends he had heard about this literal sloth of a man before them, he was not about to go fully prostrating himself before him... perhaps if the god bothered caring about at least looking fitting of his tales, he would've. But as it stood, In all honesty, Solomon would've thought him no different than any other fat bellied bloke off the street, had they not have met under such... circumstances as these.

"They call me Revenant." He said simply, keeping his eyes on the half-slumbering manbear. "Damn though, I'm a bit disappointed, gotta tell ya straight, man. All those rumors and legends definitely painted a more badass picture of you than the eyes actually do. Just sayin'."

Kagari - Say Something Characterising, Do something characterising.

Kagari stood among her fellow competitors, arms crossed, weight concentrated on her left leg, glancing over the tim of her sunglasses at her soon-to-be-opponents.

So.

Many.

Men.

Kagari swallowed a shudder of disgust and consoled herself by looking at the treasure amidst the rough.

That being, the girl who called herself the Slumbering Giant. Such magnificence! Such beauty! The bob-cut, perfectly framing the precious jewel of that youthful countenance! The sleepy-looking mouth, a picture of pristine childlike innocence! The silver eyes, adding even more temptation to the already nigh irresistible package! And to top it off, the crown jewel, the greatest prop, the pillow! The symbol, the embodiment, of loli purity, and this girl carried it around with her! Truly, truly, truly a treasure! Kagari fought hard to quell her primal urge to take photos of the woman. She failed. Within moments, her camera was out, and she was darting around the sleepy-looking woman, taking photos from various angles, breathing heavily. So invested was she in this act that when it came her turn to speak, she barely realised it. Instead of answering immediately, she continued her photo-taking, up to the point where she was at least minimally satisfied.

Then, she stepped forward and puffed out her chest, about to speak, when suddenly her breasts perked up. Kagari became instantly alert, looking around her excitedly. She knew this reaction. There was another loli somewhere here. And not just a loli, a super loli, a loli among lolis, a loli with loliness beyond compare. But who!?!? It could not have been the girl with the pillow, or her body would have reacted earlier. So, who!? Somewhere, in the recesses of her mind, she was still vaguely aware that they were expecting her to speak, so she did so in an impatient voice.

"Yeah hi I'm mainly known as LOLI_HUNTER, yes with the underscore yes nice to meet you."

Quickly finishing the customary greeting, she turned to her fellow competitors, perky breasts pointed squarely in their direction.

"There is a loli here. A loli to end all lolis. O GREAT LOLI! I IMPLORE THEE, IDENTIFY THYSELF!"

A faint intake of breath could be heard as the one known as . . . LOLI_HUNTER? . . . started shouting in Hiroki's direction. It was audible for a fraction of a second before the device on her chin treated everyone in the room to an ear-grinding blast of static, the internal processing systems confused for a moment as to what, exactly, they should do in response to the sound the wearer had produced. The girl had, at this point, completely frozen. As in, she had actually ceased breathing momentarily. I thought everyone else would be disguised but she knows how does she know nobody is going to take me seriously why did this have to happen already now everyone is staring at me-

I have to calm down. Even if they discover my identity, it won't affect my fighting skill, and I am perfectly capable of defending myself.

The two halves of her mind fought one another as she remained motionless. After a short time, her body would realize that it still required oxygen regardless of any internal panic occuring, and treat the group to another crash of static as she exhaled.

Morgan-​ Say nothing, ​​​Do nothing

Morgan had been standing quietly behind the rest of the group, her nervousness getting to the point where it was getting difficult to listen to the others' introductions. She never stood before a God like this before, nor did she ever really have the slightest chance to. "What do I do? What should I say? Where do I even start?"​ Her anxiety was throwing her mind in a constant loop of stress and worry​. Granted, this was probably the laziest God in existence, but that didn't do much to help ease the tension. One by one, she watched as the other contestants introduced themselves, which was cut off for a second as the one called Silent Requiem addressed himself as the "heir to the throne of Pride". What the hell makes him think that he's going to win so easily... let alone at all? Morgan managed to cut off her anger before it began to show. She sorely wished that she could act as calmly as the others here. She slowly balled her hand into a fist as she started to get jealous and felt her anger return. "I can do this just as well as they can..." ​She thought to herself. "​I'll show them that I can-"

...Her thoughts were interrupted by not one, but two waves of static sounding noises. Did someone bring a mic and sound system with them? That doesn't really matter at all right now, however, as she realized that she was the only one that hasn't introduced themselves yet... which ultimately meant that it was her turn. Morgan took a deep breath, walked forward, and eventually bowed to the Sixth God.

"G-greetings, Sleeping Bear." She said nervously. "I'm M-" She cut herself short as she realized that she almost gave away her name. What was she thinking? No one else needed to know her name. Not the other competitors, at least. She felt embarrassed by the slip up... and the fact that it sounded like she made a major stutter only made it worse. "S-sorry. Let me try that again..." She paused as she took another deep breath. "I am known as Strider. It's a pleasure to meet you in person, Milord." After introducing herself, she quickly turned around and made her way back to the rest of the competitors.

Edited by Komodojoe

Sleeping Bear - Response

Sleeping Bear was only half-listening to the introductions, he really wished he didn't have to do this but his secretary insisted that this was one time where she absolutely couldn't stand in for him. He didn't see why, all they were doing was saying their names and all he was doing was telling a story. He noticed that two of the competitors had spoken to him and would have ignored them if not for fear of losing his dinner as punishment. It took him a moment to think through what they had said and come up with a response, but eventually he did. "Oh, yes, heir to Pride, Lord mentioned you'd be coming. Greetings are welcome and blah blah blah, moving on." He said more or less politely. He then switched his attention to the other man, Vengeful Ant or something like that. "And people rarely live up to their legends. Except maybe Lord, she has a habit of always overdoing things. Stupid pompous tightass." The last part he muttered under his breath so that Lord's heir wouldn't hear him.

He caught on to the trouble brewing on the floor and quickly moved to quell it. "Alright, that's enough. Storytime." He said halfheartedly.

"Once upon a time there was nobody ruling this wasteland. And then I fell asleep and earned the right to rule it. I picked it since sloth seemed fitting to me. But since I never do anything, everybody left. Which is fine because that means less stuff to not do and less dinners to lose to Louise, that's my secretary. She's hot but damn is she strict. She's more like my mom than my secretary." He trailed off, realizing he was getting off track.

And then he decided he didn't feel like talking anymore. The room was awkwardly silent for a moment before Black Idol cheerily spoke up to fill the void.

"Well then, I suppose we're done with the audience, let's get to the arenas and have you all prepared for combat." She said, "Please refer to your personal datascreens* where you've been sent a document detailing all information shared among ll of the challengers. This information is provided to give you a general idea of who you'll be facing in your matches." And with that she led the group out of the room. Sleeping Bear immediately slouched back in his seat and took a nap, simply glad to be done with this stupid audience thing

(OOC: *think Accel World HUDs, they just sort pop up in the air and let you read documents and stuff)

Sloth Chapter - Combat Phase, Empty Field

The air was stale inside the arenas. The stands for each match were mostly silent, only about ten to twenty people sat in them. Many looked like they were only there because it provided shelter from the wind. The field was barren, completely empty. It was neither a specialty field designed to provide variation to combat nor a Standard Field use with Standard One Versus One tournament rules. It looked like someone had taken a stone circle with seats on top, set it down somewhere in the wasteland, and called it an arena. But inside the arenas, held back only by gates that would retract any moment were eight anxious contestants. Some were anxious from excitement, others fear, and the rest anticipation. The gates rose to let them free and eight contestants entered the barren wasteland of an arena for their first match in a tournament to end all tournaments

Adam - Arena, vs. Strider

Adam rolled out into the field the instant the gate went up, unable to hold back his excitement any longer. He didn't know anything about his opponent outside the fact that they were an SFD mech and the eighth seat in the tourney. His mech was designed to deal with the popular FAD build as well as most melee opponents. He had bested plenty of SFDs before, but this was on a totally different level. If Strider wasn't the lowest ranked opponent he'd probably be scared. But she was, and so he wasn't. He rolled out into the field with confidence, ready to crush what he was certain to be the weakest of his opponents.

Tai - Arena, vs. The Revenant

Tai walked into the arena, and put up a fighting pose. His face was filled with excitement, however, concealed within his helmet. He hoped that the fight would end quickly, as his opponent was using a SMO mech.

He rubbed his fists..."I'm ready."he said.

Edited by IntSys

Kagari - Arena, vs. Slumbering Giant

Kagari strode casually into the arena and was immediately drained of vitality.

"Well, this is depressing."

There was basically nobody watching. No fans, no supporters, and most tragically, no lolis.

No.

Lolis.

Kagari slowly sank to her knees as she was crushed by the cold power of harsh reality. Then she recalled her scheduled opponent, and jumped right back up. She would be fighting Slumbering Giant, the treasure amidst the rough, the loli amidst the uncouth! Though there was the matter of the unseen super loli... The cloaked figure was suspicious. Yes, very suspicious. Kagari made a mental note to stalk her later. For now though, she had the pleasure of focusing on the loli she was about to fight.

A thought occurred to her. Would it be possible to request victor's rights over the loser?

As her imagination ran wild, her heart rate sped up to keep pace, her breathing grew heavier and her skin grew flushed and hot.

Panting excitedly, with eyes that seemed on the brink of insanity, she extracted a large, heavy mace from a compartment on her right foreleg and began to await her opponent with a hungry smile.

Hellfire Knight vs. Ricochet

The girl had discarded the cloak, shoes, and voice changer, which laid in a small corner, once she was in the waiting area and alone, revealing the clothing she wore underneath: a black skirt with bright violet accents in the pleats, a simple white blouse with buttoned sleeves, and black leggings. She took a deep breath to steady herself and called her mech around herself before the gates lowered, which raised her a few inches off the ground as the bulky contraption appeared. The interior of her helmet lit up with small readouts of various statistics, displaying blank filler values for a moment as the machine ran its initial diagnostics.

Initialization complete, the internal computer printed to the HUD. Main powerplant normal, auxiliary power cell charged/standby, primary jets primed/standby, secondary jets primed/standby, plasma vents closed/waiting. "Activate primary jets, activate secondary jets, prime all guns," she said quietly, lifting off the ground further as the jets mounted on her feet and back flared to life, mantling her in fire. "Normal inputs, opening subroutine." She leaned forward and the mech began to accelerate. She waited to open fire, but her mech was slowly gaining momentum as it traveled out of the gate and toward the opposite side of the arena.

Revenant, Arena vs. Supernova

The wolfish smirk already stretching ear to ear on Sully's face only grew when the gates started to raise, those amber eyes burning like embers with raw anticipation. This was it... he was finally gonna get to carve something up. And he was going to revel in it as much as he could. He closed his eyes, and spoke the one, simple name that would end it all.

"Asmodeus!"

Within less than even a second, the AIs presence resonated in his mind as the armor of night surrounded him, molded itself to his mortal coil as one by one the dozens of spheres docked within began their silent electrical hum. He felt the sudden, compulsive jolt in the back of his neck as the searching prongs snacked their way into the neural interface, a small, watertight plaque of metal sitting at the base of his skull behind his dreadlocks. The HUD lit up pure crimson against the black of his eyelids, value after countless value flying across the screen as the internal sensors roared to life, sampling the air's chemistry and deeming it safe enough to breath without filtration, examining the ambient temperature, noise level, lighting, everything, all of it adjusting itself automatically as both man and artificial life form monitored from aback. Finally, the values stabilized as the analysis ended. Sully opened his eyes. Despite the dark helm and bloodred visor over his face, he could see full range around himself, completely unobstructed. The HUD was like a virtual overlay of his own normal vision, various dots with analysis notes popping up here and there as he took in his surroundings one last time.

"Well, Solomon, here we are. I trust you have a plan..." Said Asmodeus. His graveled, gruff voice sounded grim. But then again, he always sounded grim, even when he gave good news. "Or is it just going to be the standard 'Run in, shut them down, kill them with a thousand strokes' business...?"

"Eh, if it ain't broke, no need to fix it." Sully replied. "But nah... this time around, I think I wanna make things a bit more interesting. The victim is runnin' a SMD build... I don't think we'll have to be so gung ho about securing the killstrike. We'll start small and light at first, do a short little tango so I can see abit of what he can do. Then, we'll finish it."

"Feeling abit bold, are we then? Fine. Just don't give him the luxury of-"

"Hey, Asmo, who built who in this relationship? I know my shit, definitely don't need the lecture. Since when have we ever given anyone the time to set up?"

"Are you sure? Sometimes I honestly have trouble believing you're not still the bright eyed fifthteen year old who brought me online..."

"Look, you've got my back, don't you?" Asmo could sense the annoyance, in the impulses of the man's thoughts, rather than his words. "Cause having my back doesn't require all this lip."

"Yes, yes, everything's running perfectly. Feedback is set to painless, The spheres are all operating smoothly, Internal Gyroscopes are fine, the EM Field is up and running perfectly, and Ragnarok is vibrating at standard frequency-"

"Good. let's do this."

Without another word, Solomon...no, Revenant strode forward onto the battle field, visor still burning with it's eerily peircing light as he fixed eyes on his already present opponent. He stood there, in silence, watching... waiting... analyzing. Then with a single, armored hand reached up behind his back and laid hands on his blade, a hissing sounding from it's sheaths as the safety locks disengaged one by one, and the entire top half of the metallic compartment slid open to freedom. The ring of metal on metal resounded throughout the stadium as he drew it... slowly... oh so slowly, foot after foot of pure crimson, straight edged alloy. His baby, his pride and joy, she hung there in the air over him. Then in one, single motion to fast to even track via naked eye, his wrist spun, arm flexed and extended, and she came slicing down through the air like death incarnate. The minuscule, decapitated heads of hundreds of blades of grass rested on her polished flat when the stroke was finished. Revenant presented the blade outwards, obviously showing it to the other fighter... before setting the severed plant matter to the wind with a flick of the weapon, letting her fall to his side.

He raised his free arm, palm to the sky. And he flexed those black, slender fingers in towards himself in a gesture that said it all.

Come at him, if you dared.

Ricochet - Arena, vs. The Hellfire Knight

Walking into the Arena, Mech already summoned, Ricochet knew that he was up against an opponent that used a FAD Mech and was one seat higher than him from the data that had been provided and from what he saw. Before starting the fight, though, he looked around the arena, allowing his suit to scan it as he turned a full circle. After scanning the arena, his HUD gave him the details on what the arena was composed of, and his targeting crosshair appeared on his HUD where he was looking. The crosshair was two small circles next to each other that showed where his Laser Gun and Missile Launcher were targeted at the moment. As he continued to glance around, the targeting reticle changed location and size to match the proximity of the surface he was looking at, the shoulder mounted weapons changing their angle in sync with the reticle. His Armor Integrity Map also popped up in the upper right-hand corner of his HUD. At the moment, there was a blue outline around his opponent, indicating that they were far away enough for him to successfully use his Special Attack. However, instead of busting out the move immediately, he decided to look at his Opponent's Mech a bit more closely, trying to locate the weakpoints in its' armor.

Edited by K_H

Hiroki was confused for a moment; her opponent seemed to be doing nothing more than standing there and looking at her. It didn't matter; the SMO mech stood little chance against her. He's going to try to make it hard for me to target him. We'll see how that works out. As her mech continued to accelerate slowly toward her enemy, she spoke another command to the mech. "Execute initial fire subroutine." As she brought her main gun to bear, angling it directly at Ricochet, the myriad smaller guns mounted on the "wings" of her mech swung upward to match. The two shoulder cannons did the same, though most of the weaponry seemed to be aimed off center by some degree or another.

Hiroki squeezed her right fist, and the arena was suddenly lit up in a blaze, each gun mounted on the mech save the ones along the legs rapidfiring small packets of plasma. The main gun fired a contiguous stream of the stuff while the rest covered an area spanning almost everything that could be considered in front of her, saturating even the air for several feet above either contestant's head with a multitude of bullets. Each projectile wouldn't deal critical damage by itself, but even the smallest hits would concern something as light as Ricochet's mech.

Mommo - Arena, vs. LOLI_HUNTER

Mommo wasn't late, as her belated entrance might suggest. Infact, she was at the arena ready to go early enough before the match. However... It took her ages to get her mech to the gate, then through the gate, and then into the arena. She should've started moving it earlier, honestly, but her thoughts trailed off into the plains of nothingness as she relaxed in her tight, but comfy seat, 2 barely breakable, physical layers of armor away from any contact with the world... It was truly what she lived for!!!

Either way, now she was awake and completely concious...well, as much as her brain'd agree to be. She was concious enough to recall that her opponent was the fabled LOLI_HUNTER, and she knew, since the audience, that she was one of her top games this season. Was she really a loli? She wasn't sure what the official definition of a loli even was... It didn't really quite matter though. This was her fight for her own bright future of lazing forever, happily ever after!!! If this HUNTER wanted to have her... body? Did she wanna have her body? Mommo yawned loudly inside her metal crib. Well, whatever she wanted from her, Mommo wasn't going to lower her guard.

...even if the enemy's weapon was a hammer... Well, thankfully, she wouldn't let the loli maniac anywhere near her anyways, so the hammer won't be a problem. Her armor was thick enough to endure it anyways. Thankfully, it didn't seem to have spikes on it... That was a plus...

Another yawn... She needed to concentrate. She could basically swoop through most of her opponents, but this was the top... Her uninterested personality wasn't really helping her in this scenario... So she'd need to start hard.

Grabbing tightly the two levers to raise the mech's arms, she inserted a set of commands at light-speed with her fingertips barely touching any of the buttons. The mech's hands, previously curled up into metal, square fists, opened up to reveal two energy cannons which immediately began charging power. At the same time, several compartments on her armor spun out, revealing an entire volley of her missiles, rockets, grenade launchers... And, of course, the huge, detachable cannons, stuck on her back for now until she explicitly needed it. All weapons locking on her opponent, she held her finger on the 'fire' button, and held her breath, barely containing the fuzzyness in her eyes as she sat with her head in her pillow... No-no-no, awaken! This was interesting!

"No it isn't..." She muttered to herself, finally letting go and yawning. "Now then... Let's begin, LOLI_HUNTER..."

Ricochet v. Hellfire Knight

Ricochet kind of expected that Hellfire Knight might go for something like a barrage, so he made the most of his situation by using part of his high speed stat to get to the side of and slightly behind Hellfire, only going at the speed that a 6-point mech could manage, hiding his seventh point as a way to catch his opponent off-guard at a later time. Immediately after that, he turned towards his opponent and squinted both eyes, triggering both his Missile Launcher and his Laser Gun simultaneously as he aimed at the point where one of the 'wings' joined the body. After that, he ran to the other side, not caring if he'd hit his opponent or not, maintaining 6-point speed as he did so, trying to stay out of his opponent's field of vision.

Hiroki pivoted in the air, tracking her opponent's motion as he circled around her. The bulky frame might not have been very fast when moving in a line, but not having to be in contact with the ground make it easy to spin about. She slowed her forward motion and helped her spin by kicking one foot off of the ground, the heavy metal foot clanging as it struck. The pivot resulted in the laser skimming across the surface of her chestplate, not doing much more than burning off some of the paint. Several of the guns on her wings, which had remained inactive until now, suddenly came to life, sending precise streams of energy at the incoming rocket and detonating it when it was about halfway between the two of them.

The barrage emanating from the mech's three primary cannons and myriad secondary guns didn't relent, either. The sweep of her assault left the arena pockmarked with scorches from plasma bullets colliding with obstacles. Instead of moving toward her opponent, she simply hovered in place as the guns automatically fired. "Activate barrage subroutine 'Tokamak," she spoke into her helmet calmly. The barrage narrowed itself, each individual shot being fired with greater power and speed as the general spread collapsed into two lines of fire that started at each edge of her vision and slowly began to converge, aiming to force Ricochet into either taking a number of hits by jumping through the wall of fire or trying to fit through the only gap in it; Hiroki's position.

Kagari v.s. Slumbering Giant

Kagari veritably shivered with excitement as the Slumbering Giant began moving, aiming its guns at her. Somewhere, under that mass of metal, was a loli! All she had to do was tear down that ugly armor, and she would be treated to the sight of one of the great treasures of the world!

"Uhuhu. Let's go, my little treasure. Let's collide!"

A feral expression crossed Kagari's face, an expression somewhere between insanity and desire. Her nerves twitched and flared, her senses all entered a heightened state, powered by Kagari's boundless love for the loli form. With a grin, she dashed towards her adversary, in a straight line. She knew from experience that zigzagging did nothing against an opponent with locked-on weapons. It was far simpler to get in close, as soon as possible. While she ran, the bit system spread out from its container on her back, and each Bit flew outwards to cover the entirety of the arena in a grid.

Supernova vs. Revenant

"Ah...showing off, huh?" Tai activated his mech's jet engines. The jets let out a loud bang, as if it was a battle cry.

"Ready, set, GO!"

Tai dashed around the arena, firing blasts of flame from his chest at the sleek swordfighter. The blasts were only aimed roughly at the target, even if they hit, they wouldn't do much damage. His mech was heating up quite quickly...

He laughed with confidence, but the helmet hid it all.

Edited by IntSys

Ricochet v. Hellfire Knight

Ricochet knew that he would've been in for it if it weren't for the tricks he had up his sleeve. Putting on an extra burst of speed, he used all seven points to rocket towards Hellfire Knight, ready to lob a punch at his opponent as he got closer, aiming to hit the midsection of the opposing mech with his punch, and he'd use all five points of melee to do so. Even if he missed, he'd keep on running until he reached the other side of the arena, then turn to face his opponent again.

Edited by K_H

Hiroki grinned. She didn't really attempt to dodge, just jetted ever so slightly to her left so that her center of mass wasn't square with her rival's. Right before the punch connected, her left arm - the one seemingly lacking any weaponry - snatched at the torso of Ricochet's mech, aiming to keep him close. His punch landed almost dead on, causing Hiroki to grunt in pain, but not before she yelled the simple command: "Hellfire Mantle!" Several ports slid open and vomited forth a torrent of white-hot plasma that began to form in an orb around herself. If she caught the speedy mech, they'd both be launched into a dizzying spin, but Ricochet would be immersed in an environment an order of magnitude hotter than his frail armor could possibly withstand.

During all of this, an indicator on the HUD flipped from red to green. Ricochet was fast, yes, but objects moving in a straight line were easy to track and lock on to.

Morgan - Arena, Strider vs Silent Requiem​

Morgan stepped into the arena as the gates lifted, looking around as she did so. There weren't that many people in the crowds. There were maybe... twenty people at the maximum, many of which weren't even interested in the match at the slightest. Even for the plane of sloth, it was depressing. Luckily, this seemed to work out in Ms. Belle's favor. Less people meant less attention, less attention meant less pressure, less pressure meant less stress and anxiety, which finally ends with fewer distractions and better concentration. Looks like everything seemed good so far. Now to move on to the more important topic: the opponent.

Her opponent this time is Silent Requiem. She didn't know much about her combatant other than the fact that he is... well... a he, and he was in the third seat of the tournament with an SAD build. While Morgan's build was mainly to mess with those trendy FAD types along with many other slow moving opponents, she's handled a few SAD mechs as well. The common trick here is to try to keep your distance while laying down the fire and watching where you're going. While she can manage this for the most part, her real potential lies with what her opponents don't know. Many people think that a slowed mech is a sign that they're winning. In her case, however, that's the trick. They attack with everything they have, and BAM!... that's when it all comes back to hit them. Hard. Either that, or she'll boost her other systems to the point where they're thrown off. Either way, if she can manage to do that again this time, then there's a good chance that she'll win. She has to be careful, though. This Silent Requiem probably didn't get to be in the third seat for nothing.

Morgan briefly opened her HUD to check her mech's systems. Systems check... Complete. All systems are operating at one hundred percent efficiency. The words appeared above an image of the machine, the entirety of which lit up green. Accelerator jets on standby. Maneuver jets on standby. All weapons charged. EAS charged. All EAS connections established. Awaiting final activation.​ She couldn't help but feel relieved. The last thing that she wanted was to fail because someone screwed up repairs. Morgan then stared down the so-called "heir to the throne of Pride" with a fierce look in her eye... not that he can really see it since there was a helmet in the way and all, but still. Her competitive side was coming out, shunning her normally kind and shy attitude and replacing it with a determination to release herself from this curse, which was ironically part of her desire to win at the same time. She took one last deep breath as she prepared her built in machine guns and the various jets around her mech for combat. She whispered to herself as she exhaled.

"Alright... here we go."

Edited by Komodojoe