Viridescent's Wandering Art Thread [Art: Drawing/Feedback]

Ironbound

MM

The design overall is almost pretty enough that I'm willing to overlook what's going on with the lightning. Almost.

But i see zero effort in even trying for a specific light source. Since I've seen you you for some incomprehensible reason has started using LoL slang anyway: "Viridescent pls". Light sources!

The colors are extraordinary pretty, i especially like the sparse usage of the magenta – but I feel like the orange and the magenta should have been switched, in regards for Milotic's actual design.

That is also not not scales are shaded. Even super special multi that are "opaque like rock is" have to abide to the holy laws of shading.

image004.jpg

fish_scales.jpg

garter_snake_scale_detail_2_by_leccathuf

photoshop_brushes_for_painting_snake_sca

rrrMermaidBlueScales_highres.png

(not real scales, but they fit the description you wrote.)

Basically – in case of fishy scales, not every scale is shaded individually, the shading should be harder, and it wouldn't hurt to put in some different colors, like a bit of green into the blue – that would have helped a lot with distinguishing the blue of the scales from the exact same blue of the fins.

And in case of more snake-y scales, way more blown-out highlights, less roundness – whatever you were going for, they look very soft and plushy right now. i also think the main body should have harder highlights, to look shinier. i like the little ridge on its neck thou.

The black dots on its neck are bothering me, but since they're on the original design as well, I guess that will have to satisfy my annoyance with passive-aggressive glaring rather than any actual feedback.

The fins, well, they're gorgerous, buut

I feel like i'm giving a lot of negative feedback to a design that i actually rather liked.

But, first of all – i can't tell how the neck fins are connected – i mean, it's sorta understandable, but when i first looked at it i thought they were all connected to the neck rather than to one another – something I'm still not sure they aren't – the bottom segment of the left one should go under the one above it, not on top as it does now, for symmetry.

They're also fading in color. Something i didn't realize at first, since you faded them like you shaded them – i thought it was just shading. Look at the dark blue – it's not lighter at the tips, at it should be, it's just less of it. How you drew and shaded the folds thou – that shit is amazeballs.

Anatomically, well, it's a snake ––

But did you really think you'd get away with that tail? Honestly i'm legitimately surprised you keep doing this – do you have like, a pinboard with nailed bugs that you use a reference for everything you draw

The blue fin is, as clearly illustrated by the side view, which I almost called reference, is at the top of it. And yet the tail is in almost perfect front view. grumble.

This is just one of these pieces where the first impression takes your breath, but the more you look at it...

sort of like Courtney Love, really.

Sigh...no hiding from you, eh? I thought since you had dipped for a few days I had escaped your scrutiny.

I'll admit, I wasn't very interested in doing Milotic really. I just did it on a casual whim, so no converted effort involved. Very lazy if me, I admit.

The scales were too much bloody effort for something that wasn't even a steel type, so I funked them to basics. If you want scales, LOOK AT HAXORUS.

As for the tail I don't get what you mean. Articulate pls?

The neck fin was a genuine mistake. Props to you for finding it. But ink and pastel can't be erased so I thought I could hide that, foolish of me.

Just...forget the Milotic and look at haxorus. That's way more interesting, since I put in at least a bit of effort in it. After all, it's a steel type..

i had one hell of a week, and then i got to the top 10% of the applicants of the school im trying for, so now i need to write the next part of their admissions tests. ill probably be gone at least until that is over, then it's still in the air whenever ill come back, but i wouldn't want you to start slacking off with your drawings, so i might just pop in here and wreck havoc

"sigh" why u ungrateful lil

as for the tail, if you look at the dark blue top fin near the end, it's from an almost perfect side way – coming up a little from behind milotic perhaps, but nearly side view. then the tail tip itself is from an almost perfect front view, and it just doesn't look like it's twisting enough. you like drawing stuff like it's kinda pined up, so everything is visible in it's full glory so im gonna be nitpicky about it until you shtaph, haha

ah shit, i meant to say this in the last post, but i seem to have forgotten while typing up everything else: could you do a lighter re-scan of haxorus? i ran it through photoshop to see if i was missing out on stuff and photoshop was like "yep". i don't think it'll do much difference in the review, but it's like having a version that's been re-saved in low-res jpg a couple of times and therefore just plain doesn't do it justice.

edit: breaking news: Viridescent does mistakes holy shit

Edited by Halloween

double-posting in a thread not mine. for shame.

But aaah this one is fucking cool. most of all it feels like a natural evolution of Haxorus, with the head axe and all. excellent use of negative space as well; it has a nice silhouette.

im actually struggling to come up with valid critique, which is unusual; usually i'm more like "okay, ellie, you need to say something nice now".

the layered shoulder pads makes me think of sailor moon.

vizv1.jpg

And give what we see of the shoulder pad on the right side, the angle is off at the left side – and like Milotic, the pad should be behind the arm.

As for the shading. LIGHT SOURCE!! Since you're so fucking amazing at shading steel it's almost disconnecting to not have a consistent lightning – like seeing a teenage girl with a late 20's guy – you're too good for that shit, Viridescent. too good, too pure

i don't know if his has to do with your color-blindness, but for reviewing purposes i don't really care either – mixing yellow and red colors to get copper still looks more like yellow, mixed with red. it's especially glaring at the almost solely red scale on his tail, which stands out for being the only one more red than yellow.

When you shade stuff, it's like you have two modes of shading: steel, and not steel. And you're really really incredible at the one being a specific type of stainless anisotropy steel, but there's different ways of shading steel, check this out.

material_studies__by_suzanne_helmigh-d5q

it works out for this piece, where i interpret it being drawn more as golden steel than actual gold, but actual gold would have brighter, more yellow highlight and browner shadows.

that being said, especially on his face and shoulder plate, s+ shading

and while we're on the scales – Haxorus scales actually go upwards, so i feel like his mega evolution's scales should do the same.

But the square plates are consistently pretty as hell, especially on his right leg and foot. the contrast between them and his black skin is very visually pleasing.

You also nailed the balance – it's leaning over a lot, but the counterweight of the tail makes it not look like it's falling over. the bottom is looking a bit thin though, especially with regards to the original design. i think it's especially that the crotch plate looks a lot thinner than his neck that creates this impression.

i know all Pokémon are "it" but i keep wanting to write "he" for some reason. also: really tired so if this isn't up to par with my usual reviews, please tell me and i might rewrite it i can't tell rn.

hey, would you be willing to look over my admission test answers, actually? i know that you're a busy guy so i wanna cite and vehemently empatise that i already have two others giving me feedback, and they both know me well enough to be blunt about it - it just struck me that you're like, what thomas edison is to innovation, you are to sentence structure.

First of all, props to you for the nicest review I have received yet (that may also be because you're about the only person who really reviews stuff here, but in that case you've bested yourself!)

Next, topic by topic: thank you, thank you and thank you.

1. As for the shoulder pad on the right arm, yes, I know that the pad supersedes the arm, that's because the pad wraps around both sides of the arm. Think of it like a wraparound sleeve.

2. Yes, I'm partially colourblind. Any effect that you see from the combination of gold and red on the armour plating is purely beyond my ability to perceive. To me, it has achieved a successful copper-verdigris colour.

3. Yes, I know about the various ways to shade metal, having made a prime study of that. I just favour this style, of 'stainless anisotropic steel's as you put it, and yes, the armour is supposed to be made of coppered steel and not gold itself, because we all know that gold is so hard and durable, right?

4. I know Haxorus's scales flow upwards and not down his body, and I hate that. Logically stupid and aesthetically displeasing to me. So I made it smoother and more streamlined, in the natural way they flow from head to tail. No redundant spikes or pointed tips.

5. I deliberately altered the original, cartoony design and made it as biologically plausible as I could think it to be. That includes making it top heavy and thickening its tail, and also thinning its abdomen and belly. If you actually look at Haxorus's official design, it has a fairly round lower body, that more or less is a paunch! Not my idea of a lean, mean, killing machine. So yes, the 'crotch plate' as you put it is smaller and more flush with its belly. That's intended.

6. It's natural to assume this beast is male. Blame stereotypes in nature, but males do tend to be imposing and battle-ready to duke it out for the female and the territories. I'm not giving it an externally visible penis, however, so it's up to you if you want it to be an aggressive mother protecting its clutch.

7. There are multiple light sources. The objective was to show it in all its glory, so the light sources are fractured (or Fraxured, hehe) to illuminate the neck plates, ahoulder and belly. The tail is in shadow, as is the leg. This means the scales are slightly duller, but still reflective.

8. Sure, I don't mind looking through your work. I cannot say I am not busy, however, so no guarantee I'll get back to you at once or even for a while. And thanks for the compliments, you're always welcome.

PS: I'm tired of drawing metal, however. Expect some fur coming your way soon~

• Upvote 2

PS: I'm tired of drawing metal, however. Expect some fur coming your way soon~

I'm still waiting for some feathers hehehehe.

Uh, anyway, I'd probably do reviews more if I had the time to really sit down and think however I need a lot of time to critique things... especially art forms I'm not exactly a practitioner of. Like doing that for writing is hard enough as it is, doing with it drawing, painting etc where I don't do it myself is harder for me lol. I don't really know how to put my thoughts into words hence why I don't do it a lot. With writing I more readily understand the medium so it doesn't take forever for me to come up with things.

Weenie also tends to say anything I could even think of do to how through and well thought out his posts are so I find trouble finding a place I could put a word in edgewise and have it matter. Mainly, there's no point in repeating what's been said ((at least imo XD.)) That's why I'm a bit lighter on that part of things.

That's fine, Huk, I'm not forcing anyone. And you won't believe the number of scrunched-up papers I've dumped into the bin trying to draw that bird. Somehow I can't get an idea that I can agree with. Trust me, it's always at the back of my mind :D

this last page of this thread hit me with the cold, hard realization that other people than Viridescent read my critiques. euaah. they're the furthers thing from well-thought out – i open a notepad document, put it beside the picture, and stare until i find something to criticize. Viridescent is especially easy – all you have to know is that he's colorblind, so you can just go "that's not green, man". it doesn't even have to be true.

what's the bird i keep seeing Hukuna request and keep seeing Viridescent try to refuse? there's only so many times i can see this dance play out without getting curious about the song playing.

Hush. That's a secret. And I'm hardly refusing, since I've already relegated some brain-juice to its cause, merely postponing the thing because for once I've no idea what the hell to make of it while still keeping its character intact.

And I'm not that colourblind. I can drive a car with a valid license, after all. And yes, your replies are up for full public scrutiny, but don't let that deter you.

All right, this one's more casual and almost cartoony, really. But then it's not a steel type so I obviously don't put in that much effort. Besides, the cartoony style juxtaposed with creepiness somewhat suits this: Mega Chandelure!

02ls8Az.jpg

It likes to burn souls. And bodies. And houses. And cities. And the world if it got the chance. But it does it very slowly...

OK, so as if it wasn't a creepy, terrifying thing already, Chandelure goes fully insane when it Mega evolves. Its main body is a cracked, funnel-shaped glass chandelier, with two ringlike extensions and a total of six arms on them all, each with a small receptacle at the end which bursts into flame when Chandelure attacks. But something is very wrong. The glass is fractured and shattered, the shards float eerily, suspended in mid air instead of falling to the floor, the Chandelier's frame and rings are skewed, twisted and in some places snapped altogether, like rusted metal. The chains that hold the frame are broken and fragmented, hanging off the outer ring at mad angles. Disjointed ribbons of spirit energy shiver around Chandelure, even as its wicked, multicoloured flames alternately flare up and simmer down. And all this in complete and utter silence. That's right: no clinking of glass or chains, no muffled whump of the flames, no creak or scream; though visually capable of being very loud with its nightmarish display, Mega Chandelure utters no sound at all. In that silence, the screams of its victim's souls echo emptily as they are slowly but absolutely burned away...

Ahem, all right, down to business:

Base form: 60/55/90/145/90/80

Mega form: 60/55/105/175/125/100

GOOD LORD LOOK AT THAT SPATK! 175!! That rivals Mega Alakazam's! And it gets significant boosts to its bulk and speed, making it an absolute nuke, comparable to Mega Gardevoir. Unlike Mega Gardevoir, however, Mega Chandelure has an even higher Special Attack (though Gardevoir still hits harder off the bat on its main move due to Pixilate) and actually serviceable physical bulk as well, allowing to take at least one neutral hit. Base 100 speed means it can actually be more than just an insane wallbreaker, and be a threat to offensive teams as well, with some help.

What really makes Chandelure frightening is the tools it has at its disposal. It gets Calm Mind to boost its crazy special stats even higher! It can use Pain Split well with its low HP! It even has Flame Charge to raise its Speed! And it has excellent moves in Fire Blast (absolutely nuclear), Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, a Hidden Power of choice (fighting helps hit dark types), Calm Mind, SubSplit, Taunt for stallbreaking, Will O Wisp, oh, the list is large.

Oh, and it has the ability Cursed Body. Don't touch it, or either burn you dead or disable your actions and THEN burn you dead.

Teeheehee...

Of course, its not perfect. That speed tier is rather subpar before Mega and still rather crowded after Mega, and it has trouble with Pursuit and Knock Off. Hazards also plague it, and its defensive typing is not that great, being weak to common moves. It also lacks reliable recovery outside of Pain Split or Rest.

And there we are. Until next time!

• Upvote 4

Oh, thanks! Also, I didn't want ot give it Shadow Tag because that's unfun, banned from OU and will just make it inferior to Mega Gengar really. Cursed Body makes a lot of sense on it though, doesn't it? And Chandelure doesn't really need an integral ability to murderize things, especially not with those Mega stats and it's movepool.

Also, I'm on a roll tonight, can't be stopped, because Mega Roserade is back! (Yes, it's a colour revamp of that old lineart I did, way back on page 1 iirc..) And yea, this was done out of boredom and completionism, so it's also the same cartoonist style as Mega Chandelure, I.e, I didn't really put in too much effort (unlike how I did with Haxorus) and so it's much more casual.

Ahem, anyways, Mega Roserade:

aXo0988.jpg

Bonus points to those who remember the innuendo that I have preserved in this revamp as well!

So, Mega Roserade has sass and class. It's got a leaf-mask, a leaf-jacket with a leaf-coat and a leaf-cape over that, complete with a petal-cravat and buttonhole rose, as well as the crowning glory: the rose top hat! In every way, Mega Roserade is the premier Rose Masquerade. It's even got fancy hair! Those bouquets on its hands are not just for show, however; they conceal serrated claws and long, poison-tiped vines which it can wield like whips.

All that is perfectly sensible, since Mega Roserade gets Prankster. Oh my~

Base form: 60/70/65/125/105/90

Mega form: 60/70/90/150/135/110

Roserade is one of those Gen4 last-stage evolutions, like Yanmega and Togekiss that deserves a Mega to remain relevant in a changing metagame.

Roserade's primary role as of now in UU is to act as a Spikes/TSpikes lead with access to Sleep Powder and a good defensive typing that lets it take on water and fighting types, or as a Powerful special attacker with excellent moves like Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Extrasensory, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam and a choice of Hidden Power to use alongside status or hazards. It has a good base 125 SpAtk stat and decent 105 SpDef stat along with Synthesis and Natural Cure Rest to use with this, but is let down by poor physical bulk and rather average speed.

Mega Roserade reclaims its DPPt position with relative stat modifications. An increased Special Attack and Special Defense bolster its good points to current levels of power, and a significant boost to its pitiful Defense stat lets it take at least a few odd hits.

A good speed boost puts on par with other powerful offensive mons like the Lati twins, Gengar, M-Metagross, M-Gallade (and M-Magnezone, but shhhh!) So far, Mega Roserade is like Mega Scizor: an updation of an existing model with changes in degree not in kind.

The real change is in giving it Prankster, to let it play shenanigans with its great support movepool. If you thought Whimsicott was bad, this is version 2.0 with good bulk and great power! Prankster Hazards and Substitute! Prankster Sleep and Paralysis and Poison! Prankster Recovery with Synthesis and Leech Seed! It can even use Prankster Sunny Day and act as a Sun starter whilst grabbing itself a pseudo-STAB in Weather Ball and abusing Growth. The creativity is endless. I'm surpassed it doesn't already get it, and it fits it so well too, so I'm giving it access to Taunt. Yes, Prankster Taunt, to quickly shut down enemy hazards or set up, though it conflicts with sleep powder a bit.

However, it isn't broken by any means. It is still checked by many common Steel and Fire types if it can't sleep them or if it hasn't got HP fire/ground, and it is still Revenge killed easily enough. The 110 speed tier is also crowded enough to prevent it from being too easy to use.

Until later!

• Upvote 2

i ran out of upvotes to give for the whole day so i'm just gonna come back to where i left off tomorrow

till then, time to record my reactions /crackles knuckles

This is too different to be edited in with the previous thing, so I add it as its separate post. Mods don't hurt me pls.

This follows a general 'Pursuit' theme, featuring some of the best users of that move. More steel types, of course, but...

[insert Vinny magnet here]

9KlPwvk.jpg

It's a pencil sketch this time. Of course, it's still more of a cartoony style, but rather more macabre. I also thought it would be a nice touch to add the silhouettes of the pre-evolutions behind them.

hnnNNNNNNGGGG

All right, here we are again...sort of, not really.

SO it rained yesterday. A very heavy and sudden summer shower, not uncommon but still refreshing. I like the rain very much, and as I stood watching the thunderstorm I thought back to a happier time when I used to play in the rain on the seaside and watch dolphins.

Which irks me today to remember that there still isn't an actual Dolphin Pokemon. The closest thing we have to anything that can fit in the Delphinidae family is Kyogre. Granted, Orcas are technically dolphins ('killer whale' is a misleading name; it stems from 'whale killer' as they hunted large whales, and are themselves not really whales per se), the largest of the family, but you know what I mean -- we need a 'proper' dolphin of the Bottlenose kind.

Cetaceans are not even remotely unknown, and it beats me why we only have a beachball whale and an admittedly magnificent Orca as representatives of such a varied group of mammals. If GF can make multiple dogs, cats, snakes, and even jellyfish, why can't they make a Dolphin, a Beluga or a Narwhal?

...anyway, to get to the point, here is a concept I drew of a Dolphin Pokemon. I rather imagine it to be fast and powerful, with a wide movepool. It's something I did quite a while ago, to be frank, but as I have nothing new to show for now you may as well take a gander at this:

GKOcsmO.png

Obviously it is a water/steel type.

This drawing is in felt pens, and is supposed to be a mix of a bottlenose dolphin and a narwhal, another unique mammal GF missed out on. I rather imagine it to be the male counterpart of a split evolution line, a bit like the Ralts line, with the female counterpart being something modeled after the more graceful Beluga whale, which is again also technically a dolphin (damned Englishmen can't name things right for beans) and not a whale.

I like this concept so much that in future I will do a detailed art of them both, perhaps with an explanation. Here's to hoping GF gives us a good and strong dolphin in Gen7!

Until next time!

i'd like to see s'more of this! perhaps a complete evolution line and a pokedex entry? inb4 you already made all this some pages ago and i just haven't seen it yet

Lazy Viri strikes back!

This is the result of me getting bored in college, and makng the best of a black pen and paper. Of course, it's nothing more than a filled-in doodle, so don't expect too much importance given to perspective or angles and whatnot.

0XLMagD.jpg

nope. nothing here.

all the black ink used up on this though

but still

hnnNNNNNNNNGGGGG

Oh yeah, as promised earlier: The finished version of that earlier steel team. This is unfortunately the last thing I can do for now, but for what it's worth:

WARNING: CONTAINS BURD (more vivid than before but still eh)

OsW1qqA.png

Cheerio!

hnNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG COLORING SKILLS

Five days, it has been, since I last put pencil to paper for anything other than accounts. Granted, I deal in figures, but even I can't go five days without the other kind of figures! Exams or no exams, I had to draw, if only for my peace of mind, so here I am again, for now and halloween is probably going to kid me to death.

Anyway, not too much for now, just simple lineart of our beloved Hydra of Lernea. Maybe I'll turn this into a full sketch in a few days, when I have an easier exam that I don't really need to study much for, or when I can't stand this art-abstinence anymore.

SHmAaLm.png

It's a bad day to be a raichu.

Flux I swear to Giratina...

HHHNNNNNNNNGGGG

Ahh, Economics is one exam for which I didn't have to study too much, leaving me with enough time to indulge my weakness again. Granted, it's only a pen sketch, but I liked the idea; it is an experiment in a new design. Maybe I will turn it into digital art/full colour later.

What do you do when you face a God?

L48ezVb.png

Oh, I can't wait for Gen4 remakes, and to see the Distortion World again...IN GLORIOUS CEL SHADED 3D!

EDIT: Yes, I know it's supposed to be in Origin Forme if it's in the Distortion World, but I didn't want to draw a serpentine figure again, okay? Assume it's the portal in Turnback Cave if you're a sticker for canon details.

Tina says Hi...or maybe it's trying to stomp you underfoot. Same thing, really.

gdi i rAN OUT OF UPVOTES SO I COULDN'T UPVOTE THIS-

(i know you already showed this to me before but still, tina's my favorite legendary so)

/zephy used explosion

• Upvote 1

That's Zephy for ya mate. ~~((she's my fangirl don't you dare steal her form me!!!))~~

*ahem* I mean... yea stuffs.

Anyway... I kinda just find Prankster on Roserade sorta... boring. I honestly loved technician on it as it was one of... if not the only Special Attaker that got Tech making Hidden Power quite the scary coverage tool instead of the pittance it is that rarely even 2hkos things if they aren't 4x weak to it. I especially don't much care for it when it's speed goes up to 110 base, like this is a wonderful base speed that kinda... makes Prankster feel a bit meh... especially when there's so many Prankster users... I just feel liek Prankster is so wasted on a mon that has 150 SpAtk, and when there's another Prankster grass type that can... basically do literally all the same thing it can but not use your mega slot on top of it. It hits me the wrong way when it could keep technician and really get in there as an Offensive Spiker, possibly running Magical Leaf/Spikes/Sludge/HP ((or Giga drain for health.)) since it could probably get away with the weaker power due to Tech. I'm jsut a complainer... XD.

On it's looks, they are really spot on taking Roserade's motifs even further, though, they do feel a bit overly masculine in a way... probably due to the suit and tophat, though, it's easier for masculine clothing to be more gender-neutral I suppose so just a minor gripe. I do like how it elevates the masquerade mask and jsut attire of Roserade to a new level. ((as if you didn't know that's the source of the pun in it's name as... well... Roserade isn't really a rose but something masquerading as one~)) also not sure if it was entirely intentional... but my lord i love that the hair is... basically a powdered wig... it's such a niiiiiice little detail that it actually a little hard to see in the coloured piece, but the way it rolls as it does... it just reminds me of those old-timey powdered wigs, and it's great XD>

On Mega Chandy... well I discussed a lot of the comp aspects with you so... you know my thoughts on that already.

On design I said earlier that the juxtaposition between Chandy's typical cartooniness and the sorta... fridge horror that lingers in this piece make it... really creepy. The chains speak a story, a grim one. And that slightly goofy face just has way to much joy in it for something so evil. The crack in it's eye and the lower face in general look great and give it a sense of age, like this thing has been hanging in an old castle somewhere for centuries or something. I also really like the glass textures and the general colours of the stained glass et... as it reall brings in colour to the piece in a way that doesn't feel forced or weird. It honestly even adds to the creepy factor, a piece of beauty, art... tainted by a spirit.

The creepiest part though... this thing looks like a chandelier that actually used to be in my current house... It was... uuuuugly as hell and I have no idea why the previous owners thought it looked good. We used to call it the "Dungeon Lamp" as it looked like it belonged in the executioner's quarters of a castle or something. Seriously... this thing is like... in ways nearly the spitting image of it. ((if it was orange in colour it would look exactly like it LOL.)) Just a funny little story there for you.

• Upvote 2

Huk...shiny Chandelure is orange...

Be very afraid.

Anyways, that is for the reviews, Huk! I know, Roserade is a Masquerade, that's why I made it look a tad eccentric with its exaggerated motifs, but hey, the trick seemed to have worked. And well, sorry of it looks more masculine, but you tend to have that when there is a suit and top hat involved, even if a woman wears 'em. Roserade itself is neutral in design, and the females actually have a longer cape than males in the official art as a genderless distinction. And yes, the old-timer wig was intentional :]

As for Prankster, eh...I can't help it now. It looks good on that thing anyways, with that attitude. And it can actually use it, and it can do things that whimsicott can't, like hazards and stuff. Being able to put faster things to sleep without a care is also a boon, so it's definitely not a useless ability, if not the most optimal one. I can't change it now though :[

I had a hard time thinking up the design for Mega Chandelure, actually. Early experimentation involved the same round pumpkinesque body/face, but that looked very much underwhelming. I tried diamond shapes and stuff, but ultimately the funnel seemed most appropriate, since it can be cracked at both ends without looking odd. And I always wanted to make a Chandelure with those giant cartwheel-type rings with arms. Disappointed that Chandelure's official art is basically just a volleyball with two corked arms.

Oh yes, dimensions:

Mega Roserade's hat makes makes it a foot taller; it now stands at a petite 3'11" and weighs 22.5 kg, from its initial tiny 14.5 kg.

Mega Chandelure increases in diameter not height, but Pokémon doesn't measure things that way, so it's now immensely larger then base form; the main glass funnel is 5'03" long, so the main core is almost man-sized and all its rings and arms sprawl in a much larger circumference. It weighs a lot more, as well, clocking in at 129.3 kg, nearly a 100 kg heavier than its base form. That thing should NOT fall on a person. Or even be near a person. Or even exist at all, its hella creepy.

I regret everything. The world was not ready for this. Flee now, befor-- ERROR ERROR 4-;9[corrup-((mnpbaaj1.!1)00101/01000100101/10/.....MEGA PORYGON-Z ALERT)cr474]

[spoile--splrcorrupted_er46.--

4ud2G4j.jpg

RUN 110001010111/1010011010001

*Gasp*, right, before that thing comes back...Better tell you all I can...

The thing was an accident. I don't know what happened to it, but it seems to have become infected by a virus of some kind while in hyperspace between two networks in different dimensions. Result: it went 100% corrupted, insane and evil, and all it seeks is to destroy all systems and replicate itself everywhere.

See, it lost its coherence and can't even maintain a 3D shape anymore. I'm not sure what dimension(s) its form shattered in but the end result is that it's neither here nor anywhere else, seemingly. It's even corrupted the drawing, I can't even put it in spoilers or try to describe it. All I can say is, it's not...normal....

No, it's the phantom of the system, a freak code that ghosts through networks. It's a Normal/Ghost type!

Bizarre as that typing seems, it's actually perfect for this aberration of a creation. It's also surprisingly an upgrade (ugh, poor choice of words...) on its typing: gives it a useful immunity to fighting, ghost and normal, while also granting a resistance to bug (can't be debugged either, I'm afraid) and poison and stuff like that, in exchange for a solitary but significant weakness to Dark.

But holy hell, that weird typing is only made even more terrifying by the thing's stats and a powers! It retains the Adaptability ability, effectively giving it 160 Base Power Tri Attacks and Shadow Balls after STAB. The horrifying thing is that it can avail the Download boost before it Mega evolves, potentially granting it a free SpAtk boost! And this is nightmare fuel, because of the stats, oh god:

Base form: 85/80/70/135/75/90

Mega form: 85/80/90/175/95/110

... I'm terrified. 110 speed? 175 SpAtk!? And it basically has the same statistical bulk as its pre-evolution, Porygon2. And as if that wasn't enough, this monster gets Nasty Plot and Agility, alongside fantastic coverage in BoltBeam, Dark Pulse, Psyshock, a Hidden Power of choice, and even Recover! It's going straight to Ubers, I tell you, and it's going to--

OH GOD IT'S BSCJ! RHN F--fazmzzm-474ERrOrgahjanaopPzZb.n/1010101001001001010/NH g)]

• Upvote 5

That's pretty cool. It would be great to include secret messages in the binary in the drawing.

Are you planning on making any primal reversions, or are you sticking to mega's?

I personally think a mega mismagius would be awesome, if it hasn't already been done.

Edited by Strider

OMGitsincrediblethatyoumademegaporygonz!.:=010001110100*}

I'm glitching as well as this is just fantastic! Great drawing, interesting concept and even horrific stats to back it up!

And it's my favourite Pokemon aaaaaaaaaaaa-

Edited by Cyaloom
  • Upvote 1

I'll take now as an opportunity to come forth as another lurker of you art thread, with my reasoning for not really saying anything. How good of feedback on how your pieces turn out do you think I can give when... well, let's just give my non-critical opinion on M-Chandy's design

OK, so as if it wasn't a creepy, terrifying thing already [sic] [Mega Chandelure's] main body is a cracked, funnel-shaped glass chandelier, with two ringlike extensions and a total of six arms on them all, each with a small receptacle at the end which bursts into flame when Chandelure attacks. But something is very wrong. The glass is fractured and shattered, the shards float eerily, suspended in mid air instead of falling to the floor, the Chandelier's frame and rings are skewed, twisted and in some places snapped altogether, like rusted metal. The chains that hold the frame are broken and fragmented, hanging off the outer ring at mad angles. Disjointed ribbons of spirit energy shiver around Chandelure, even as its wicked, multicoloured flames alternately flare up and simmer down. And all this in complete and utter silence. That's right: no clinking of glass or chains, no muffled whump of the flames, no creak or scream; though visually capable of being very loud with its nightmarish display, Mega Chandelure utters no sound at all. In that silence, the screams of its victim's souls echo emptily as they are slowly but absolutely burned away...

A vivid, macabre description, but nonetheless, I think it's adorable.

That's pretty cool. It would be great to include secret messages in the binary in the drawing.

Are you planning on making any primal reversions, or are you sticking to mega's?

I personally think a mega mismagius would be awesome, if it hasn't already been done.

Thanks man. And I did think of having a hidden binary message or two, but secrets are not in character with an insane seizure-prone cyberduck. I figured a complete stream of gibberish is more...in sync!

I did plan a lot of megas for old favourites, many of them from Sinnoh. As for primals....maybe?

Mismagius is admittedly not on the list yet (Chandelure took the Ghost spot) but there certainly are more in the line!

To tally, so far:

Yanmega = Bug

Roserade = Grass

Goodra = Poison

Excadrill = Ground

Haxorus = Dragon

Milotic = Water

Chandelure = Ghost

Togekiss = Fairy

Porygon-Z = Normal (?)

Did I miss something? Anyways, the tally for Steel is not included, because a fair 30-40% of everything I draw will be steel type, but there's more to come!

Also np, Loomie! Glad you like it. Same to you, cobalt, though you needn't Golurk around. Feel free to comment and criticise, I welcome 'em.

Where's Kingdra? Also I want to see your take to our beloved UFO, Magnezone!

Also, Mega Porygon-Z looks terrifying (in a FANTASTIC way!). I wonder how one can sprite of that. *shudder