Deiville: Origins of a nation [OOC/Sign-ups]

Felicity

• Support Squad

So, Huk, I just have to say that you cannot delete places per se, even for a second. You say your power gets harder to use on something more complex, how do you delete a part of the world when the world needs it to be whole as it hurtles through space? When many, many people have memories of passing through a place each day? When it's changed over millennia etc etc. Just a little flaw in your logic. I only mention it because it's actually a very, very strong thing to be using. Keep that in mind, that it's not just people that have connections to other things if this is your power

Otherwise it's a good idea. Although, it makes me think of few demons i've been reading about recently...

Still, assassin for hire, can work with that. you aren't doing much for the altered rep tho.

Oh yea I explained that badly and probably will fix that up ((half way through I changed that up to make it more easily explained and changed how things worked a tad but forgot I left that part in cause I'm a deeeeeerplord.))

Basically... instead of doing that she more or less creates things from nothing. So she can create nothing and use it somehow. ((such as she can create bullets in the empty chambers of her Revolver and keep firing etc...)) the only time she can "delete" a place is more that she can remove distance between 2 objects ((it has to be two specific things though.))

Basically I was tired when I was writing it and changed it probably 50 times to make it not op as shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. ((well... if Null could possibly have infinite energy it would be OP as shit XD but she can't so... that's really good.)) It's still pretty powerful though there is always the chance that she fucks and up and literally just loses all of her memories forgetting who she ever was ((and how to use her power as a result.)) or other pretty baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad stuff.

And yea, I wanted to make a "bad" character. Most of the ones I seen are cool, but they aren't necessarily easy to point as stuff like Magneto and his mutants in the X-Men, or stuff like that. People who flat out believe that Mutants ((or in this case, the Altered, or Alts.)) or just better than humanity and that their should be feared because they are just straight up better than humans. Basically, someone's gotta give them a bad name, it might as well be MEEEEEEE!!! ((besides. it seems fun being a bit hard to discern what I'll be doing. Null isn't someting you can be like "Oh she's on this side." it much more complicated than that.)) I just think it'd be fun to have one character at least that blurs those lines and really messes with the paradigm of the sides etc.

Edit: edited the sheet then by removing the... messed up portion XD. Yea as I said forgot I left it behind. Should hopefully be fine noooow.

Ahh, a challenger approaches! Man, I'm on the edge of my seat for this RP, haha. Whether I'm in or not, I'm more than looking forward to how this story plays out. If it's anything like last time, it'll make for a truly interesting experience!

Name: Marianne Anna Rose Aria of the North and the Sky Van Der Rosesen, uses the alias "Garden Gold"

Generation: Generation 3

Power: The Midas Touch - Marianne has the Midas touch, her right hand turns things she touches into gold and her left hand has the power to revert it. Unlike the legend, she can actually control this power. She can choose what she turns and what she reverts. In general it takes her 5 seconds to turn a 5 foot cube into gold. She cannot lose contact with the object she is turning into gold or it won't fully turn into gold. Additionally, she cannot turn living things into gold. While when she touches non living material it literally turns into gold, if she touches a living being she can only cover them in a sheet of gold. The gold she creates is pure, a perfect conductor, heavy and durable.

Sub-powers: Marianne is blessed with above average strength, literally able to lift and manage thrice her weight in gold. While not a power in itself, Marianne is taught in various armed martial arts, and in the unarmed arts of judo, capoeira, and boxing forming an unorthodox fighting style that is mobile and strong.

Character summary:Marianne was born in Deiville City. Her father is the prestigious owner of the Rossen Company, leading the market in jewelry making. He fell in love with an altered woman. Knowing that she could not leave Deiville City, and that neither would his child he set up the Rose Garden Building, a 25 story skyscraper in the center of the city that serves as the family's center of operations. This is where Marianne was born, and where she lived her whole life. Her mother disappeared after her birth, refusing to take part in raising Marianne. Her father had a similar reaction, he acknowledges Marianne as his heir but he refuses to live with her or raise her, instead living in Oslonia far away from his daughter. So, Marianne was raised by her butler Shinobu. Over the years she has come to terms with her place in life; she will inherit her father's company even if he hates her. She will do everything to perfect herself into the perfect woman, but this still leaves her with spare time. Marianne dedicates her spare time under the alias 'Garden Gold' stopping crime in any way she can. By stopping crime, and getting involved with the criminal world she hopes one day find her mother. And finally ask her; why. Why did she have to be left all alone.

Personality wise, Marianne isn't the easiest person to deal with. While deep down she is kindhearted, she has formed a shield around her heart. She puts up a "rich girl" act, treating others as if they were below her and letting others do work for her. She is quite intelligent and resourceful when she needs to be, but ignorant in some aspects such as life in the outer parts of the city.

Appearance: Marianne is tall for her age, being about 1,80. Her eyes are rose colored, and her skin a perfect shade of white. She has long purple hair going down to her back. She wears a rose shaped ornament to keep the bangs off her face, tying her hair in a small bun to the left of her head. She has fairly robust features, her chest is large and her arms and legs show muscle from her training. She tends to wear elaborate dresses with complicated frills, and even more elaborate earrings and jewelry.

Her 'Garden Gold' costume consists of a skintight gold suit, with a white cape. She wears a golden masquerade mask that full covers her eyes and nose in a beak shape. Marianne also turns her hair into gold, making it lose it's color and then tying it into a thin wire like a braided ponytail.

Extra: Marianne is currently a student at the most prestigious school in the city. After she graduates she has announced that she will be studying law, and then returning after her father's retirement.

Name: Max Campbell

Generation: 2nd

Power: Human Arsenal

With a little bit of Alchemy magic and self-inflicted pain on himself. Max goes under a gruesome and painful mutation, transforming the very flesh and bones on his forearm into any form of weapon known to man. The created weapon is an extension of his body, and the higher the caliber of weapon he produced, the more painful his mutation will be. Max can only wield a maximum two weapons at a time, one on each arm and it will take a while to replace into another one when he has a weapon at hand. I mean who wields three or more swords in when you only two arms? that's just plain silly and impractical. His favorite weapon to equip into is a double barrel shotgun or/and a chainsaw.

Sub- Power: Jack of All Trades

A weapon's strength comes from its wielder, and Max is no ordinary wielder. He is proficient in handling any types of weapon. whether he is familiar with it or not, It comes in with his powers as a bonus. Max quickly learns in wielding a new weapon than any other normal human being. He has enough strength in swinging a melee weapon and has the proper dexterity in wielding a projectile weapon.

Character summary:WIP

Personality:WIP

Appearance:WIP

• Support Squad

Ragnar, biggest thing wrong with that power is that magic, or something perceived to be magic, might exist as a result of powers but magic cannot have created powers. Otherwise I like it, although I'd prefer that rather than simply having prowess with weapons as a result of powers it comes from actual experience using those weapons. It just makes more sense.

• Support Squad

No, you're working with what you signed up with in terms of powers in this RP. Any other combat advantages have to be garnered elsewhere. Part of the reason I'm urging some of you to rethink your characters so you have more well rounded capabilities with your characters or to hold back the full scope of your powers usage, so you can develop your skills by honing them instead of adding onto them.

My line of thinking is that if you did "evolve" your powers it'd give you too much of an advantage once you know the other main players capabilities, after all why not just evolve your power to counter the big bad more effectively? I'm certainly not going to pick your powers for you after all. Also, it's not going to be a particularly long RP that would require that kind of augmentation to keep combat fresh and interesting and, in the end, I want the story to be consistent and I don't trust myself personally to not abuse that idea with other characters if I feel they're underpowered because I overestimated my own ideas.

If you want to do something that has the same effect, do it like I did, and make them unaware that they have a whole other part to their powers that they have yet to explore. However, if you do so, you'll have to justify it somehow. I did so by making my character not having needed to use his power to make things larger than they originally were, himself included, thereby making him unaware of the supersizing bit.

Edited by K_H

It one method yes, the that version. It only really works with soemthign that is infact reversible though typically. One can also have their character jsut figure out how to apply it to different things and figure it out more and more by experimenting and trying to learn that they can sue it for other things. ((jsut... don't asspull all the time to get out of stuff.... cause bleeeeeeeh, Doing it once? Okay maybe can let it slide if the moment is well written and cool. after the 19th time... gets reeeeeeal freaking old man....))