This Art Is So Feral

FeralGator

I hope that this is in the right spot. lol. I really want to show you guys my artwork both Pokemon wise as well as personal. I'm a professional illustrator (graduated college with a degree in it) and I'm very proud of my work. I am very open to critiques so don't be afraid to give them. This is what I want to do for a living after all! ouo/

First off we have Skittylord. This was originally supposed to be a horrifying abomination of a creature, as in my head that's what it looked like. When I drew him however, he wound up being super adorable. I want a bean bag plushie of him so badly. lawl

skittylord_by_feralgator-d8mql2j.png

Second is something I drew just this morning. It's an illustration of one of the characters from my newest fanfiction I posted up yesterday, Johanna!

the_dwellers___johanna_by_feralgator-d9q

It's great, man! I love it ; )

​I'm assuming you did the colors too? That's an amazing talent (considering you have a degree in it). A bunch of friends I know are great in drawing but has no idea how to color for shit so knowing how to do both must be really helpful.

Nice watermark on Johanna btw. Really sneaky ; )

Edited by Despair Syndrome

It's great, man! I love it ; )

​I'm assuming you did the colors too? That's an amazing talent (considering you have a degree in it). A bunch of friends I know are great in drawing but has no idea how to color for shit so knowing how to do both must be really helpful.

Nice watermark on Johanna btw. Really sneaky ; )

Thank you, very much! Yes, I did the coloring myself as well. It's not my favorite part of illustrating, but I still enjoy it. lol - It's incredibly helpful to know how to color, as it gives you a completed work truly all your own, as well as a wider array of skills to help set you apart.

Ahhh you like that watermark do ya? Thank ya! It was fun designing my insignia. I try to put it on every single piece I make now. ouo

So I've been sketching Mightyena heads today to get some practice in with variation. I've got a couple different styles of heads, but this one so far is my favorite:

screen_shot_6_by_feralgator-d9qzwyi.png

Just look at that flea bitten, tongue lolling, overbite having 'mon. I love'em. <3

I might actually use this one for one of the future characters in 'The Dwellers'. ouo

Kinda? I mean... I can but it's not often. I try to get commissions now instead since I want to make a living off my art. Did you have something in mind?

Yeah. I was thinking about how animals are used a lot in association or represent people/characteristics. It might be your favorite animal or school mascot, etc. There's actually been quite a few I've been associated with, so I was thinking about how they would look or be arranged on a representative totem. So if you did one for yourself, what would it be? You have a knack for animals, so that makes me curious. I can tell you about my personal one if you want an example/ideas.

Hmmmm as a totem? Probably a cat on the bottom (probs a cheetah or even my cat, Moemoe), a dragon after that, crocodile after that, and then finally an alligator up top. I first associated myself with cats, and I've always loved dragons. However I have found myself much more of a reptilian person than anything else, with gators becoming my top favorite animals. That's why my name and sona are gators. Well.... my name is a fun way to get away with having the name Feraligatr without it being Feraligatr, but it all still works out since my sona is a gator. xDD

I would love to hear about your totem! That'd be really neat to know what you've associated yourself with. ouo

nuwa_by_feralgator-d9i1jsw.png

feral___gloweh_by_feralgator-d93wnz2.png

This cat is actually what my sona looked like when I first designed her. She looked like this for years until I changed her colors. Then I changed her design. Then it was changed again and she became what you see now. ouo

feral___bitch_be_swaggin__by_feralgator-

s'goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

In my professional artist's opinion (I'm not even an artist)

This thread could use about 1million% more ghosts.

Fereal though (See what I did there?), you're awesome c:

Edited by Juuzou

Dear lord Juuz I love you and your puns for my name. They brighten my day like you've no idea. xDD

And maybe there will be a ghost in the soon to be future. Maybe. >u> I won't drop any hints though.

no seriously I am gonna be drawing a ghost Pokemon soon so get ready