Need Help Balancing New Types

So, uh, I'm planning on making my own fan-made Pokemon game one day, and I was planning on putting in five new types: Gemstone, Radiation, Cosmic, Light, and Cyber (and yes, Cosmic and Light were inspired by Pokemon Azurite). Do you think you could give me some balancing advice? Here's what I got so far:

1) Gemstone

- Weak to: Fire, Radiation, Steel, Cyber

- Resists: Water, Ice, Light, Ghost, Fairy

- Strong against: Ghost, Rock, Ice

- Weak against: Radiation, Steel,

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Carbink (Gemstone/Fairy), Diance (Gemstone/Fairy), Roggenrola line (Rock/Gemstone),

2) Radiation

- Weak to: Steel, Rock, Radiation

- Resists: Fire, Light, Gemstone

- Strong against: Water, Grass, Bug, Fighting, Radiation

- Weak against: Rock, Steel, Poison, Ghost

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Grimer line (Poison/Radiation),

3) Light

- Weak to: Grass, Cosmic

- Resists: Dark (Immune to), Dragon, Psychic, Electric

- Strong against: Ghost, Dark

- Weak against: Grass, Gemstone, Light, Electric

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Chinchou line (Water/Light),

4) Cosmic

- Weak to: Water, Fire, Poison

- Resists: Cyber, Psychic, Light

- Strong against: Cosmic, Normal, Light

- Weak against: Ice, Ground

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Deoxys (Cosmic), Elgyem line (Cosmic), Solrock (Rock/Cosmic), Lunatone (Rock/Cosmic),

5) Cyber

- Weak to: Electric, Fire, Fighting

- Resists: Ice, Dragon, Fairy

- Strong against: Gemstone, Fairy

- Weak against: Dragon, Bug, Cosmic, Ghost

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Rotom (Cyber/[Other Type]), Porygon line (Cyber),

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

These are some really cool types, I particularly like the idea of cyber! Not sure if it makes sense for it but ice is currently the weakest type defensively so making it resist a couple of these might make it more useful.

Don't think you mentioned flying types at all, I feel like they should be either strong against or weak against cosmic, can't decide which.

Steel should be immune to radiation because, you can't irradiate metal. Dark should be weak to light instead of fighting because, have you ever tried punching darkness?

Dark pokemon aren't really darkness though - the majority of it's moves are basically dirty fighting, E.g Bite, Beat up, Faint attack, Sucker punch, fake tears, snatch. Fighing is strong against it because a trained fighter wouldn't all for those tricks.

First question to ask is why are you adding these types? Is there a point for them being there other than novelty? Why do they exist and what is the purpose of adding them into an already 18 type chart?

Well, I was planning on putting them for several reasons. First, from a gameplay standpoint, they would be to balance out certain types and Pokemon and make them more competitively viable (for example, the Porygon line). From a story standpoint, the region I'm planning on making is a highly-advanced dystopia, so I imagine they would have discovered more types (or at least created more in an attempt to expand their power), and the elite four and champion would use these five types.

...Did I win the cookie?

These are some really cool types, I particularly like the idea of cyber! Not sure if it makes sense for it but ice is currently the weakest type defensively so making it resist a couple of these might make it more useful.

Don't think you mentioned flying types at all, I feel like they should be either strong against or weak against cosmic, can't decide which.

Dark pokemon aren't really darkness though - the majority of it's moves are basically dirty fighting, E.g Bite, Beat up, Faint attack, Sucker punch, fake tears, snatch. Fighing is strong against it because a trained fighter wouldn't all for those tricks.

Thanks! I was trying to make ice a more defensive type with cyber, but I guess light not being very effective against it would make sense too. Thank you for your feedback!

First question to ask is why are you adding these types? Is there a point for them being there other than novelty? Why do they exist and what is the purpose of adding them into an already 18 type chart?

I kind of have to agree. The big reason GF adds types is to help rebalance the type chart in order for one to stop being so OP. Dark and Steel? That was to stop the reign of Psychic types. Fairy? That was mostly aimed toward Dragons.

An just as an FYI, you kind of have to go onto your own path when you do this as...not very many people go beyond the formula for good reason. The best advice I could say is to just use logic as best you can when doing new types and that's about it. (I'm not that familiar with Typeology like how Kirlial explained Dark types).

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I looked back at the types and thought about what I wanted to accomplish with them, and came up with the following ideas:

1) I want to make Grass a better type, defensively and offensively.

2) I want to make Ice a better defensive type.

3) I want to make Dragon a slightly less effective offensive type.

4) I want to make Electric a more offensive type.

With that in mind, I edited some things, and now I have my revised new types (Radiation was removed because I didn't really like the idea of it):

1) Gemstone

- Weak to: Steel, Cyber

- Resists: Water, Ice, Light, Ghost, Fairy

- Strong against: Ghost, Rock, Dragon

- Weak against: Steel, Ice, Bug

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Carbink (Gemstone/Fairy), Diance (Gemstone/Fairy), Roggenrola line (Rock/Gemstone),

2) Light

- Weak to: Grass, Cosmic

- Resists: Dark (Immune to), Dragon, Psychic, Electric, Light

- Strong against: Ghost, Dark

- Weak against: Grass, Gemstone, Light, Electric, Ice

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Chinchou line (Water/Light),

3) Cosmic

- Weak to: Water, Fire, Poison, Cosmic

- Resists: Cyber, Psychic, Light

- Strong against: Cosmic, Normal, Light

- Weak against: Ice, Ground

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Deoxys (Cosmic), Elgyem line (Cosmic), Solrock (Rock/Cosmic), Lunatone (Rock/Cosmic),

4) Cyber

- Weak to: Electric, Fire, Fighting

- Resists: Ice, Dragon, Fairy

- Strong against: Gemstone, Fairy

- Weak against: Dragon, Bug, Cosmic, Ghost

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Rotom (Cyber/[Other Type]), Porygon line (Cyber),

What do you guys think?

Balancing things/Logic is something I'm never good at so I'll just give suggestions on other Pokemon that can change type.

1) Gemstone

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Carbink (Gemstone/Fairy), Diance (Gemstone/Fairy), Roggenrola line (Rock/Gemstone), Sableye, maybe Staryu line

2) Light

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Chinchou line (Water/Light), Mareep line, Volbeat/Illumise

3) Cosmic

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Deoxys (Cosmic), Elgyem line (Cosmic), Solrock (Rock/Cosmic), Lunatone (Rock/Cosmic), Clefairy line, maybe Staryu line, Jirachi

4) Cyber

- Pokemon changed to be this type: Rotom (Cyber/[Other Type]), Porygon line (Cyber), idk for this one