What good Pokemon can I acquire early game?

neonhero123

There are a lot of good Pokemon you can get, but these are my personal favorites:

- Kricketot (when it evolves, at least). With Technician + Fury Cutter, it really destroys everything early game, but it sucks after about the third Gym. (Before 1st Gym)

- Mystery Egg. If you find all the Police Officers, breed a Growlithe, and trade the Egg to the Police Officer, you can get an Egg that you can get 1 of 18 great Pokemon from, such as Larvesta and Frillish. (Before 3rd Gym)

- Bunnelby. Huge Power is nothing to laugh at, although it's kinda rare. (Before 3rd Gym)

- Lillipup. Gets quite a few coverage moves and has a nice Attack. (Before 2nd Gym)

Pachirisu, tons of utility with nuzzle, nice bulk and relevant damage with super fang.

Munna, nice bulk and damage, carries whole fights with calm mind setup.

Growlithe, nice damage, access to extreme speed after evolving and flash fire.

There are a lot of good Pokemon you can get, but these are my personal favorites:

- Kricketot (when it evolves, at least). With Technician + Fury Cutter, it really destroys everything early game, but it sucks after about the third Gym. (Before 1st Gym)

- Mystery Egg. If you find all the Police Officers, breed a Growlithe, and trade the Egg to the Police Officer, you can get an Egg that you can get 1 of 18 great Pokemon from, such as Larvesta and Frillish. (Before 3rd Gym)

- Bunnelby. Huge Power is nothing to laugh at, although it's kinda rare. (Before 3rd Gym)

- Lillipup. Gets quite a few coverage moves and has a nice Attack. (Before 2nd Gym)

Didn't Bunnelby get Axed or moved to way later in the game as of Ep. 15?? Or was I mistaken? ^^;;

Anyways...

Before First Gym:

1.Kricketot is actually really amazing with Technician + Fury Cutter and also Struggle Bug for special attackers.

2, Also grabbing a trubbish and levelling it up enough to learn Toxic Spikes and Sludge (keep Acid Spray for Special Defense drops)

3.Zigzagoon is a dark horse. He can be especially helpful in beating the first gym. Level him up to the point where he learns Mud Sport. That alone will be a great advantage in helping you defeat her. It's also a great pick up slave so you can sell the extra items for more cash (Which means more healing items)

4.Igglybuff, while isn't Cleffa, is somewhat decent, but it takes forever to evolve due to it needing friendship evolution. Though in retrospect, the abilities of competitive and cute charm can come in handy for physical foes or stat reducers.

5. Munna or Espurr are good early psychic types for the beginning of the game. To get Munna, you'll need a level 15 Bibarel and then trade it to a man. He will give you a Munna named Shimmer. To gain Espurr, you'll need to pay a man a few times before he moves, and with a pokesnax, feed the espurr in the abandoned home and it will join you.

6. Stunky is also often overlooked. It has a rare typing of poison/dark (Drapion is the only other to share the typing iirc), and it only shares a weakness to ground. It's also decently offensive, and has aftermath if it happens to faint.

7. Blitzle might be the best electric type at this point in the game. You can get Pachirisu and Tynamo, but the latter has such a small movepool and the former isn't all that great in terms of stats. Blitzle is also at level 15 when you find it, so it makes it better in the long run.

Before Second Gym:

1.Numel is going to be great because it has dual ground typing (watch out for x4 water weakness), it does have a lot of moves to beat electric types and poison types. However, as you progress, there are better mons to replace him.

2.Electrike is a better electric type out there if you aren't satisfied with the earlier choices. You will have to defeat a double battle and you'll be facing level 25 Mightyena. Once they're defeated, you can pick it up for yourself.

3.Drowzee is one of the possible Pokemon in the egg at the Obsidia Slums, and is usually hatched with knowing Nasty Plot. That on it's own can make it a fierce special attacker, but it's slow and can easily be outshined by Meowstic. If you prefer Hypno though, it's a decent mon.

4.Makuhita/Pancham are very very very great choices for later on, and having a fighting type can help you beat Florinia's ace. Both evolve into rather powerful Pokemon but Makuhita's evolution is easily accessed (at a mere level 25) rather than Pancham's evolution is (level 32 and needs a dark type in the party). So having both (or just one would be fine) is an asset to say the least.

These are just a few the came to mind. ^^;;

Edited by Octy

Its pretty hard to beat the mechanightmare super early but I believe you can fight it before the second gym and get litleo. Any pokemon with moxie really dominates in this game. Sewaddle can be caught before the third gym and his sticky web is super useful. Gulpin, Espurr, tediursa, and kricketot are probably your best bets before the first gym, tynamo if you get lucky with your weather, and Id probably use either makuhita or pancham from the obsidia slums. Also klink can be found immediately after the first gym. Steel type is really useful for a lot of the early gyms, and gear grind wrecks florinia's cradily

Edited by Galladiator

I found that picking up a Litleo is a huge help early on, it is still on my team as of right now, and is still really OP, it is accessible very early on, before the second gym, or just after, if I am not mistaken, you do however have to do an event to obtain it, including finding it once or twice and then beating a level thirty five Klingklang, although for early on it is pretty hard to beat, it offers good experience and a Litleo at the end, another good one is finding every police officer and scooping up a Growlith (I advice you keep it until it gets some pretty good moves, as it only learns Extreme Speed at level thirty four when it is an Arcanine) as mentioned by a few other people earlier on in the post, collecting a Kricketot is pretty good as it evolves nice and early at level eleven and learns Fury Cutter, you can also get it with Technician, if I am not mistaken, but I never did, I just used the Ability Capsule you get earlier, on it, other than that, I cannot think of too many more, although, Pachirchu with Nuzzle is pretty handy for both capturing Pokemon and for Boss Battles to get a quick Parrahax on, anyways, hope I helped

~-~-~FriendlySmiles~-~-~

Hmm good pokemon early well that there are a bunch.

Before first gym:

1)Roselia

This pokemon is just so strong an very useful early. yeah you will have to some how increase the friendship of a budew to get Roselia but it is worth the time. plus if you have a team of pick up pokemon you can get choc ice cream and pokesnack to increase the friendship faster. Roserade is also a good late game pokemon it has good stats and learns good grass type moves like giga drain/petal dance.

2)Goldeen

What in the world would a Goldeen be doing in this list oh let me tell you it is here because of its hidden ability lightning rod. this can be super useful for the first gym. Yeah but other than that Goldeen is not that useful so yeah. Goldeen can only be used in the first gym.

3)Kricketune

This pokemon can be useful until mid game due to its ability technician and fury cutter. it does a lot of damage early to mid game. it fall off mid game because by than most pokemon have more hp and are more tanky. you can some what abuse fell stinger+ technician but other that that Krocketune does not much dmg compared to other pokemon.

4)Trubbish

Oh this Pokemon get toxic spikes so early that is why Trubbish is so useful early because the first 2 gyms you can make use of the toxic spikes and chip down the health of the gyms leaders pokemon. other that that Trubbish is kinda weak. his stats are meh. i find using Roselia as the replacement toxic spike pokemon to be better since as i said Roselia is just powerful.

5)Espurr

No matter male or female both are good early game but a male espur can be more useful for late game/later parts of game due to prankster and duo screens.

Before 2nd Gym:

1)Swoobat

Well Swoobat wont be so useful until it gets Calm Mind at lvl 29 which is around before corey. but in this game you can abuse the common candy so technically you can get a lv 25 swoobat with Calm Mind. So a swoobat with simple ability +Calm Mind is just so powerful. it is fast and does a lot of dmg when fully set up what more do you want from a pokemon.

2)Makuhita

Oh this guy is so useful in many ways. Makuhita is bulky and does alot of dmg. he can also be useful late game if you do not have a decent fighting type. He is also very useful against the 2nd gym leader ace Cradily. he has a decent move pool and does not need TM to be very effective.

3) Numel

Well if you do not have a fire type in your team and want a fire type go for numel. Numel is very strong early and late game even with its X4 water weakness. It has a decent move pool and does not need TMs to be effective. EQ,earth power,Lava plume. it can be a mix attacker or a physical atk tank or a special atker. Numel/Camerupt can be anything you want/need to fit in your team.

Before Corey:

1)Lotad/Lombre

This Pokemon has decent grass type moves and water type moves. Lotad learns energy ball at lvl 32. put it in rain and it can basically wreck anything due to its swift swim.

2)Bunnelby/Diggersby

Yeah they reduced the catch rate of this fella in episode 15 for a reason, this guy just wrecks a lot of thing with huge power it is like an azumarill clone.

3)Mareep/Ampharos

Ok this Pokemon has always been in my team no mater what i start with. Mareep/Ampharos is just super useful early game and even late game due to its tankyness and good move pool.

I second Goldeen, you wouldn't think it but it's an absolute tank with only one weakness and well balanced stats. Early game it gets Horn Attack and Water Pulse which are relatively powerful and eventually it gets Waterfall, Megahorn and Facade which have good coverage and high base power. Soak is also a useful utility move, you can weaken any pokemon by removing its STAB boost and it could also remove bonuses from field effects or introduce new vulnerabilities.