Mew, Your Cuddly Overlord (A Pokemon Rejuvenation Conquest Challenge Run)

Lord Chespin

So, as a little side project along with my Pokemon Reborn Hardcore PU-only run, I've decided to do a Conquest run of Pokemon Rejuvenation on Intense Mode, as popularized by Hiroki Tatsumi and his "Miltank's Rebellion". If you're not familiar with the rules, they are as follows:

1) I start with any Pokemon I want (in this case, I chose Mew; yes, I know it's a legendary, but it has a pretty shallow level-up movepool and TMs are scarce within the game).

2) I may not catch any Pokemon.

3) Once I beat a gym leader or any other major boss for the final time (excluding villainous team members), I get to use their ace on my team.

4) For every major battle, I must use my starter (in this case, Mew).

So, yeah, that just about sums it up. Here's my team so far:

151.pngMew (Non-binary) - Lv. 32

336.pngSeviper (Female) - Lv. 30

448.pngLucario (Male) - Lv. 31

Here's the Pokemon in my PC:

We're lacking in recruits... oh well.

Here's the major bosses we have to fight:

130-m.pngDimensional Rift Gyrados (Defeated!)

336.pngVenam (Defeated!)

448.pngKeta (Body) (Defeated!)

150.pngShadow Mewtwo (Defeated!)

701.pngKeta (Soul) (Defeated!)

Spr_3r_000.pngMarianette (undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngNarcissa (undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngMadame X's Yveltal (undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngValerie (undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngCrawli (undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngAngie (undefeated)

Spr_3r_000.pngAmber (undefeated)

Also, a shout-out to SHIA, who hacked my save file to have all of these Pokemon! Thank you so, so much!

Wish me luck! ...'Cause I'm probably going to be using Mew as a crutch for a while. (-_-ll)

Edited by Lord Chespin

just one question: do you get the ace with the moveset and leveled up, or do you have to train it up from an egg with no custom moves (only moves it can normally learn and available tm's)

otherwise, good luck!

I'm pretty sure I have the ace with its default moveset at the same level as normal, but you'd honestly have to ask SHIA. Also, thanks for the good luck!

Anyway...

Update #1: Tackle Fight

Well, the first couple of battles against Amaria and Ren were... anticlimactic, to say the least. Mew managed to quite literally pound Amaria's Fennekin and Ren's Froakie into oblivion within four turns, only taking minimal damage itself. So, yeah. Anyway, time to explore the city and meet new friends (human, friends, I mean)!

The team so far:

151.pngMew (Non-binary) - Lv. 7

Edited by Lord Chespin

wait hold on a second:

you get to use the ace of EVERY major Boss-battle?

so you mean to tell me that you 'might' end up getting to use MEWTWO if you beat it?? - or the D.Gyarados that early on?

EFFIN' YVELTAL?

also don't you consider D.Galvantula / D.Carnivine as a major Boss-battle?

Edited by Cepheus

wait hold on a second:

you get to use the ace of EVERY major Boss-battle?

so you mean to tell me that you 'might' end up getting to use MEWTWO if you beat it?? - or the D.Gyarados that early on?

EFFIN' YVELTAL?

also don't you consider D.Galvantula / D.Carnivine as a major Boss-battle?

2010-01-07-hbnc_085_4067.jpg

Nope. By "every major boss" I mean only non-villainous team members, non-Pokemon gang Pokemon, madatory bosses, and non-dimensional rift Pokemon. So from the start of the game to Keta, I'll get a Seviper, a Lucario, and a Hawlucha, but I won't get a Garbodor, a Gyrados, and so on forth.

the reason why I asked is, because you listed Mewtwo in the major Boss list...

Oh, yeah, I forgot to clarify: major bosses =/= recruitable bosses. The major bosses are just gym leaders and hopeless boss fights. The recruitable bosses are:

-Venam (Seviper)

-Keta's Body (Lucario)

-Keta's Soul (Hawlucha)

-Amaria (Delphox)

-Marianette (Slaking)

-Narcissa (Misdreavus)

-Nim (Fused Solorck/Lunatone)

-Melia (Togekiss)

-Valerie (Lapras)

-Ren (Greninja)

-Crawli (Volcarona)

-Angie (Aurorus)

-Amber (Whatever her ace is, I didn't get that far)

Does that make sense?

Update #2: GARBAGE DAY!

Well, the Garbodor battle was actually pretty tough! I led with Mew, Ren led with Murkrow, and the gang led with the two Trubbish. Mew did massive damage to a Trubbish with a mega punch, and Murkrow chipped away at the other Trubbish with a peck, but then both Pokemon got posioned by a poison gas (both Trubbish used poison gas, actually, which was kind of just overkill). To make matters worse, Mew missed a mega punch the next turn, and Murkrow failed to KO the weakened Trubbish with a pursuit; this let the Trubbish injure both Mew and Murkrow with a pound. mew finally managed to take out the weakened Trubbish with a mega punch (because there is no kill like overkill) and Murkrow made Trubbish flinch with an astonish, so my luck began to turn around... then Garbodor came out. Hoo boy. Mew once again missed a mega punch, and Murkrow failed to KO Trubbish with a pursuit, so Garbodor set up toxic spikes and Trubbish pounded Murkrow. By this point, Mew was getting pretty worn down, so I healed xem with a potion, allowing xyr to tank a pound from Trubbish; Murkrow, meanwhile, almost KO'd Trubbish with an astonish, but failed and was taken out by a pound from Garbodor. Ren sent out his Froakie next, and he managed to take out the Trubbish with a quick attack; Mew, meanwhile, finally landed a mega punch on Garbodor before it injured Froakie quite severely with a pound. Froakie fainted the next turn to another pound, but Mew was able to seriously injure Garbodor with a mega punch! Mew got hit by critical-hit pound from Garbodor, but amazingly, he shrugged it off and unleashed a mighty mega punch, ending the fight! Time to go meet up with Melia at the Goldenwood Forest!

...I'm sure nothing's going to go wrong...

The team so far:

151.pngMew (Non-binary) - Lv. 17

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #3: One Punch Mew

Well, Melia was pretty close, but I beat her. I led with Mew, and she led with Doduo. Mew missed a mega punch and got smacked by a rage and a quick attack, but then was able to KO it with a mighty mega punch the next turn. Melia sent out her Teddiursa next, but it only got off a lick before fainting to two mega punches. She then sent out her Minccino, which managed to survive a mega punch and did considerable damage with a flail. It then got healed by a potion, but still fainted to another mega punch. Melia's Eevee came out, and it was by far the most annoying Pokemon on her team; it went down to two mega punches, but still got off a baby-doll eyes and a mud-slap, leaving Mew with a lower accuracy and attack. All that remained was Happiness, Melia's Togepi. Since Mew just learned metronome, I had xyr use it a few times while Togepi started to spam echoed voice. Xe got off a spiky shield, a pound, a soak, and a frustration before I realized that this was a waste of time and switched back to spamming mega punch. Mew missed a few mega punches, and Happiness got healed by a potion, but ultimately, Mew managed to take it down with six HP to spare! Unfortunately, Team Xen then attacks, so it's time to get out of there with Melia before bad things happen!

The team so far:

151.pngMew (Non-binary) - Lv. 20

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #4: Eclipse of the Moon

Well, I'm going to be blunt. Eli and Sharon made my life HELL. Psywave took off huge chunks of Mew's health, and Mew could only retaliate with mega punch (which was not very effective and missed a lot) or metronome (which was a luck based mission)! Anyway, on TEH URN, I led with Mew, and they led with Lunatone. Mew did some damage with a mega punch, but then got confused by a confusion. I was considering resetting and trying again, since getting confused was pretty much an instant-loss condition, but I carried on anyway... and Mew managed to land a critical-hit mega punch! Even better, Mew managed to snap out off confusion the next turn before landing another mega punch! Lunatone lived and retaliated with two rock throws before getting healed by a potion, but Mew managed to end it with two more mega punches! Up next came Eli and Sharon's dreaded Solrock, and after Mew did a pitiful amount of damage with a mega punch and tanked a rock throw, I decided to have xem start spamming metronome and hope for the best... and amazingly, it did! While Solrock just kept spamming rock throw and psywave, Mew managed to use hidden power, recover, blaze kick, and x-scissor, ending the Solrock! With that over with, it's time to confront Zetta and defeat the Dimensional Rift!

The team so far:

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #5: Mew Ain't Havin' That Sh@t

Well, Zetta and the Dimensional Rift were actually fairly easy, so I'll combine them into one post. Zetta was pretty much Mew jut spamming mega punch and tanking hits until everything fell. Shadow Duskull gave me the most trouble, but I got past it and eventually KO'd it with a few mega punches.

The Dimensional Rift Gyrados, meanwhile, was a lot more interesting. I had Mew (who outsped the Gyrados due to its quick claw) transform into the Gyrados, and xe managed to tank a fire fang from Gyrados. Xe then missed a dimensional thrash, but Gyrados jusr set up rain dance, allowing Mew to KO it with another dimensional thrash! With that over with, it's time to beat Venam!

The team so far:

Edited by Lord Chespin

This is just a wonderful way of finding out the exact typing of the dimensional rift mons. Great work.

Thanks! I actually found out something interesting about the Dimensional Rift Gyrados: its signature move, Dimensional Thrash, isn't any type that's in the official games. Jan must have hacked in a new, neutral type to make sure you couldn't cheese the fight with type resistances. Anyway...

Update #6: A Toxic Environment

It's weird: the fight that was supposed to give me Hell was the easiest one for me thus far, and the fights that were supposed to be easy gave me Hell. Venam was no exception, mostly because of that freaking Haunter. Seriously, that thing was a run-ender. Anyway, on TEH URN, I led with Mew, and she led with her Trubbish. Mew set up a reflect type, turning it into a poison-type and giving it a better type match-up, then began spamming mega punch while the Trubbish spammed pound, payback, and Venam's kiss. After it got healed by Venam with all three of her potions, Mew tried using metronome, which turned into rapid spin, of all things. Luckily, Mew was able to take it down the next turn with a mega punch, although xe did get caught in the aftermath. Up next came Venam's Stunky. I healed Mew with a Chinese food, but then got promptly locked into a torment. Luckily, Mew was able to set up an encore thanks to metronome, forcing Venam to switch out to her Tentacool. Mew then landed a mighty mega punch and a fire spin (through metronome, of course) and although xe missed a mega punch and got hit by a water pulse and a fell stinger, xe managed to KO Mew with a metronome-turned aeroblast (because there is no kill like overkill). Up next came the Stunky, and Mew tanked a flame burst to do massive damage with a mega punch. Mew then conjured up a king's shield with a metronome, and blocked a Venam's kiss with it. Mew missed a mega punch and got hit with two flame bursts afterwards, but lived and fired off a metronome-turned-dual-chop and a mega punch, taking out Stunky! Up next came Venam's most difficult Pokemon for me to deal with: her Haunter. I had Mew transform into it, and xe just barely survived a shadow claw to confuse it with a confuse ray. Mercifully, the Haunter injured itself, giving me time to heal Mew with a soda pop while Haunter continued to hurt itself. Mew then finished off Haunter with a shadow claw, but sadly got overleveled, meaning the rest of the fight would be a struggle to keep xem obeying me. After getting smacked by two venoshocks, Mew finally began to obey me and fired off a Venam's kiss while dodging a leech seed. Xe then confused Ivysaur with a confuse ray, causing it to injure itself from confusion twice while Mew got off another Venam's kiss. Sadly, Mew then began to disobey me again, loafing around while getting smacked silly by razor leaves, venoshocks, and Venam's kisses. After I healed xem with a soda pop and xe tanked a razor leaf, xe finally began to obey me again and fired off a mighty venam's kiss, taking Ivysaur down! All that remained was Venam's ace: Seviper. Mew managed to land a confuse ray, and while Seviper injured itself twice, Mew... just kind of loafed around. (sigh) Luckily, while Seviper snapped out of confusion and got off two Venam's kisses, Mew managed to obey me long enough to get off a confuse ray and a critical-hit shadow claw, allowing Mew to tank a few more Venam's kisses and get off another shadow claw, weakening Seviper enough for it to KO itself from confusion damage! With that done, we recruit our first new team member: Venam's Seviper! Now to get the TM for rock smash!

The team so far:

151.pngMew (Non-binary) - Lv. 22

Edited by Lord Chespin

So uh....are you continuing this? bc I would love to keep reading.

Yeah, I am. I just got distracted with my other run. As for your other post, I actually got somebody else to hack in all the Pokemon for me. If you want somebody to hack in a Pokemon for you, just ask around; I'm sure somebody would love to help!

Anyway...

Update #7: Mission: Nim-Possible

Well, Nim was a right pain in the arse. I led with our new recruit, Seviper, and Mew, while Nim led with Solrock and Lunatone. I had Seviper paralyze Solrock and Mew transform into Solrock while Lunatone wailed on Seviper with an ancientpower and Solrock set up a harden. Seviper then confused Solrock with a swagger; she fainted shortly afterwards to a confusion, but she had done her job, and Mew went on to do massive damage with a rock slide while tanking a rock slide from Solrock! Mew then took out Lunatone with a rock slide, and Solrock injured itself in confusion. This let Mew KO it the next turn with a rock slide, as well as injure her Inkay quite seriously with a rock slide (it got off a feint attack, but it did negligible damage thanks to the field). Up next came Nim's Espurr, and I had Mew KO Inkay and injure Espurr with a rock slide while tanking a shadow sneak. While Nim's Espurr was able to dodge a rock slide the next turn and do some damage with a psybeam, Mew was still able to KO it the turn after that with a mighty psywave! With that done, let's go chase down Zetta!

...Also, I'll try to keep this updated more regularly, m'kay?

The team so far:

151.pngMew (Non-binary) - Lv. 25

336.pngSeviper (Female) - Lv. 24

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #8: Insecticide

Well, Zetta was pretty easy, actually. I led with Seviper, Venam led with Whirlipede, and Zetta led with Croagunk and Sneasel. Sneasel injured Seviper with an ice shard, but Seviper lived and worked together with Whirlipede to take it down with a venoshock and a bug bite (Croagunk used revenge on Whirlipede, but it didn't do much)! Up next came Zetta's Absol. Seviper did serious damage to it with a venoshock and tanked a feint attack and a mud bomb while Whirlipede finished it off with a mighty bug bite! Up next came Zetta's Quilladin, and while Seviper missed a Venoshock and fainted to a feint attack, Whirlipede was still able to do massive damage to Quilladin while it set up a growth. I sent out Mew, and xe did massive damage with a mega punch to Croagunk and tanked a feint attack while Whirlipede tanked a mega drain and did some serious damage with a venoshock. From there, Mew was able to KO Croagunk with a mega punch, and after Quilladin set up a growth Whirlipede managed to take it down with a mighty venoshock!

The Dimensional Rift Galvantula, however, was a lot harder. I led with Seviper, Venam led with Whirlipede, and The Dimensional Rift sent out two Joltik. Seviper took out the stronger of the two Joltik with a Venoshock, Whirlpede hit the weaker Joltik with a Venam's kiss, and the weaker Joltik hit everyone with an electroweb. Another Joltik came out, and while it hit Seviper with a bug bite and the weaker Joltik hit everybody with an electroweb, Seviper seriously injured the new Joltik with a venoshock and Whirlipede took out the weaker Joltik with a venoshock of its own. A newer Joltik came out and attacked everyone with an electroweb while the other Joltik hit Seviper with a bug bite again, but Seviper was able to take out the other Joltik with a venoshock while Whirlipede injured Joltik with a bug bite. Then, the main event came out: The Dimensional Rift Galvantula. It whiffed a sucker punch (how threatening), but Seviper fainted anyway to an electroweb from the Joltik; luckily, Whirlipede was able to pick up the slack and attacked the Joltik with a Venoshock. I sent out Mew, and xe used reflect type on the Galvantula, allowing xem to tank an electroweb from the Gavantula and a slash from the Joltik while Whirlipede took out Galvatula with a Venam's kiss. The Galvantula and Mew then both completely missed their attacks, but Whirlipede was able to pick up the slack with a venoshock; the next turn, Mew tanked an electroweb (that Whirlipede managed to dodge) and confused Galvantula with a metronome-turned-supersonic, and Whirlipede injured Galvantula with a Venam's kiss. The Galvantula then injured itself twice while Mew fired off two metronomes, which turned into a horn attack and a vacuum wave, and Whirlipede unleashed two Venam's kisses. This onslaught managed to end the Galvantula, allowing me to continue on to Sheridan Village!

The team so far:

151.pngMew (Non-binary) - Lv. 28

336.pngSeviper (Female) - Lv. 27

Edited by Lord Chespin

Update #9: My Body Is Ready

Well, Keta wasn't all that bad, although that might be because Mew finally got a STAB attack. Anyway, I led with Seviper, and he led with Hawlucha. Seviper tanked a brick break and paralyzed Hawlucha with a glare... and then glared at it again because I have clumsy fingers. Luckily, the Hawlucha got immobilized by paralysis twice, so not only was I not punished for my mistake, but Seviper was able to KO Hawlucha with three Venoshocks, making Keta use up his first super potion in the process! Up next came Keta's Hariyama, and I had Seviper paralyze it... only to get smacked with a facade, taking Seviper out. Unfortunately for Keta, Mew came out, and promptly trounced pretty much all of his Pokemon with one or two psychics! His Lucario gave me a bit of trouble, since Mew got overleveled a little, but xe managed to finally end within three turns. After that, Keta's Medicham managed to knock Mew down to 19 HP with two thunder punches, but Mew lived and ended it! With that over with, we get the Diamond Punch badge... or not, since Keta runs off into Carotos Mountain. Well, at least we get a new recruit: Shiny Lucario! Time to grind him up to speed, and then follow Keta!

The team so far:

151.pngMew (Non-binary) - Lv. 30

336.pngSeviper (Female) - Lv. 29

Edited by Lord Chespin

I think this run is pretty creative-- keep up the good work! Curious to see what's gonna happen next c:

This is such a creative run, and the best part is you can do this with any pokemon game.

(Gasp) ZUMI-SENPAI NOTICED ME! (cough) Um, yeah, thanks, guys! I can't clain credit for the idea, though; I got it from Hiroki Tatsumi, who did a similar thing in Pokemon Reborn with a Miltank instead of a Mew. Thanks for the encouragement, though!

Anyway...

Update #10: Drunk on the Dark Side

Well, the Shadow Mewtwo could have gone a lot worse! I led with our newest recruit, Lucario, and he used detect in an effort to get Mewtwo to enter hyper mode. It didn't, so I swapped him out for Seviper, who took the bullet for him and fainted to a shadow bolt. I sent out Mew next, and xe just barely tanked a shadow bolt to reflect xyr type to match the Mewtwo's. This let xem tank another shadow bolt while I healed xem with a soda pop. Mew then tanked another shadow bolt and did some damage with a psychic, then got healed by a soda pop while tanking another shadow bolt. Mewtwo fired off three shadow chills, but Mew survived with 11 HP and proved that it was the superior copy by taking it out with three psychics! With that over with, and Keta sacrificing himself to hold off what's left of Mewtwo's power, it's time to take out the Generator!

The team so far:

448.pngLucario (Male) - Lv. 30

Edited by Lord Chespin

Huh, Mew really is the cuddly overlord. Mew for President for being the real MVP.

Yeah, Mew is awesome. I purposefully chose xem since the game throws two hopeless boss fights at you before the second gym, so I figured that this way I might actually have a chance at victory.

Anyway...

Update #11: Generator Wrecks

Well, the Dimensional Rift Volcanion wasn't all that bad. I led with Seviper, and it paralyzed the Volcanion with a glare before getting slammed with a water pulse. Sadly, it got confused, causing it to injure itself and then get KO'd by a water pulse. I sent out Lucario next, and he tanked a flame charge and set up a swords dance, then ended the Volcanion with a mighty bone rush! With the generator down and the base in ruins, it's time to fight Keta's soul and finally get our badge!

The team so far:

448.pngLucario (Male) - Lv. 30

Edited by Lord Chespin

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! Sorry for the lack of updates; I've been finishing up my PU-Only Run of Pokemon Reborn. Now that it's finished, though, I think it's time to get back to this run! So, without further ado...

Update #12: Soul Calibur

Well, I'm not gonna lie: Keta's Soul was HARD. Seriously, I think I just managed to get lucky with him. On TEH URN, I led with Mew, and he led with Primeape. Primeape didn't even get a chance to attack, as Mew wiped it out with a mighty psychic. Up next came his Pangoro... and this is where things got tricky. I swapped out to Seviper, and she set up a parafusion with a glare and a swagger, but fainted to a night slash and a cross chop before she could do anything else. I sent out Lucario next, and he set up a swords dance while Pangoro injured itself, then took it down with a power-up-punch! Up next came Keta's Hitmontop, and I kept Lucario on the field. Lucario tanked an ice punch and took it out with three power-up punches, making Keta use up his first super potion! Keta sent out his ace, Hawlucha, and since Lucario had become overleveled, I swapped back out to Mew. Mew tanked a wing attack and did massive damage with a psychic, then transformed into the Hawlucha while Keta healed it. With Hawlucha's movepool, xe was able to do massive damage to it with a wing attack, ending it! Up next came Keta's most problematic Pokemon: Scrafty. Seriously, that thing could counter every single thing that I threw at it! Luckily, even though Mew was overleveled, xe was able to tank a knock off and dodge a counter before taking it out with two gale strikes! All that remained was Keta's Sawk, and while Mew was able to do serious damage to it with a wing attack, xe started slacking off, allowing Sawk to KO it with a few brick breaks. Fortunately, despite being overleveled, Lucario was able to land one last power-up-punch, ending both the Sawk and the battle! And so, we recruit Hawlucha to our team and set off for Goldenleaf Town!

The team so far:

151.pngMew (Non-binary) - Lv. 32

448.pngLucario (Male) - Lv. 31

Edited by Lord Chespin