I am deeply, deeply sorry for this, but... Say hello to another AMA.

Kaito

I was asked to make one, and quite honestly I could use the distraction from offline stuff.

So where to begin.... Well, I'm Kaito, and I joined this place in late 2011/early 2012 ( It was the cusp of December turning into January) after PBC went down and I had to find a new server. I was dragged to this one by a friend of mine and well... been here ever since. Older members will know me decently well, but I may be unfamiliar to newer faces. After around April of this year, I started appearing less and less due to personal offline circumstances. However, I believe it is time for me to make a resurgence. An ACTUAL one, not me saying I will then only appearing for a week before disappearing again.

So I figure I'd kill two birds with one stone and use this to help newer members get to know me.

I was an auth here, but due to aformentioned offline stuff, I decided to step down. Some of my more notable projects would be Survivor Reborn Season 1 ( I would LOVE to begin a season 2, I just need the time first. I've got so many documents on it already...) and uh... well, that's about it. So, have at it, and please ask me whatever comes to mind, I will answer all questions to the best of my ability.

I have an early work shift in the morning, so if I don't see your question(s) tonight, I'll answer them as soon as I possibly can tommorow.

KAAAAAAAAIITOOOOOO :D
I was wondering whether you just outright just secretly left or something, but I guess I'm not very good at keeping track of things. :0
Anyway, was it some kind of job stopping you from coming on less and less, or was it just personal issues?

Why are you lying about coming back and aren't actually coming back because you will never come back because you hate me and you hate everyone in Reborn?

Pffft! Okay, ta be honest I was a bit ticked at you for a time, but fuck all if I wasn't being a petty bitch for it. Over and done with by now, amigo. Seriously, I dun hate you or anyone here, I just had a ton of family and life stuff happen to me this year, but I've been surviving it and I think I'm available and ready enough to come back here.

I really do get the impression you're professional and civil in everything you do. That's how I've always seen you, anyway.

So I'd like to know what gets your excited and pumped up.

Also, since you're returning-ish, I can't skimp out.

KAAAAAAAAIITOOOOOO :D

I was wondering whether you just outright just secretly left or something, but I guess I'm not very good at keeping track of things. :0

Anyway, was it some kind of job stopping you from coming on less and less, or was it just personal issues?

POOOCCCKKKKY!

It was a combination of my job in the summer having extremely grueling hours, and a myriad of physical health problems regarding my family. I don't want to go into overt detail because it's very personal to me, but I can leave it at my parents being in declining health and needing to help them with day to day things, without going into any specific details.

I really do get the impression you're professional and civil in everything you do. That's how I've always seen you, anyway.

So I'd like to know what gets your excited and pumped up.

Also, since you're returning-ish, I can't skimp out.

Excited and pumped up? Well, I'd be lying if I didn't say that a good heart pounding track of music didn't get me excited... although I am a massive geek and will say that 90% of that is from video games and anime. Other than that, I love the feeling of competition. It's absolutely heart pounding having a close, well fought match with someone whether it be in a video game or tennis, or anything else. On the flip side of that, being completely crushed in a competiton drains my spirit and crushing someone else just bores me.

i honestly hear your name a lot, kaito, you get mentioned in the server as the rarest auth. c:

you seem very nice!

how does it feel being one of the older members in reborn?

has the community changed that drastically for you?

what's your most memorable experience here in reborn?

how are you today?

do you like cake? c:

Haha! Rarest auth, huh? Well, not really much of an auth anymore, but there was definitely some truth to that! And thank you! I try to be nice, but I have my hot buttons like everyone else does. ^^; As for your questions:

It doesn't feel any different honestly. I mean sure, things have changed and we've grown A LOT here, especially since shofu started with Reborn. I guess all that really comes with being an older member is having more time to get to know people than others. I try not to think about the past too much, that's something that took me longer to learn than I'd like to admit. xD So all that really comes to mind about being an older member is how nice it's been to be here to watch Reborn grow and become what it is today. Some parts are better, some are worse, but overall, it's still Reborn at it's core.

Like I said, not really much to think about the past. Plus, being gone for over half a year kind of does a number on actually getting to know the current community. xD But I see a lot of old friends here, so there's always that feeling that the community is still there, just with more people. Overall, it hasn't changed too drastically for me over the years, it's just a lot of new faces and new personalities that I haven't gotten to know at all. Can't judge the change till I've been back longer.

Most memorable experience, hmm... probably almost beating the Reborn League in Season 2, before I started helping out with it near the end as a line host. I only had to beat Amaria and I would be in the Hall of Fame, unfortunately it was Gen 5 and I hadn't really factored rain in too much into my team, so I never actually finished the challenge. If I had, I'd of been one of the first people to actually beat it. But the entire reborn league was super memorable for me.

Today, I'm okay. Wednesday and Yesterday, I was not. It fluctuates, but today I'm doing well, just sleepy and dreading work tommorow. Not that I hate my job, I just hate getting up so piss early. Lots of league today, went 50/50 and ended with an absolutely stellar Lux game dumping on a Yasuo in lane, so I ended my day well.

I love Cake. Particularly anything with raspberry. :D

When did you become so cool?

Trick question, I'm not cool at all. We just happen to have things in common like loving Bug types more than average players, among other things that I honestly cannot remember right now, sorry. xD But thanks for the thought! People tend to gravitate towards me or think I'm better than I think I am, funny how that works...

My dear friend Kaito,

When did you first gain your adoration for steak?

I... actually don't know. It's a bit of a flanderization here, but not by too much. xD I've just loved it since I was a kid, i guess.

When are we gonna get some ramen you nerd?

Soon. I just need to drive up to Newark. I'm going pretty soon anyway to play in a Smash tournament with some old friends anyway, so I'll message you before I head up!

I've seen you on the Showdown server once or twice, but being relatively new here, I have no freckin' clue who are. But before my question, nice intro! *Standing applause*

But, a question I like to ask a lot... What is your favorite Pokémon and/or type?

*bows* Thank you, thank you. I wasn't sure whether to be a little more showboaty about it ( I am a massive Magic Kaito fan and tend to try and incorporate his hamminess when appropriate ), but I decided to be a bit more formal. xD

And favorite type is Bug, no contest. Scyther, Volcarona (who many considered to be a signature of mine considering I used to ( and still do ), try to stick it on almost every team I make.), Galvantula, Heracross, Ninjask... so many cool looking bug types it's hard not to be a fan of them! Ironic considering I dislike bugs in real life. Just ask Sheep or anyone else part of Mythic Nation how hard I tried to fight for Bug in that contest. xD

Favorite pokemon however, is NOT a bug. That belongs to Mewtwo, who's been my absolute favorite ever since I got into pokemon at age 4. Hasn't changed for even a day.

Edit:
@ Shia, since the quote button fucked upw hen I tried to edit:
----

Thank you! I try to be polite, since everyone needs a little niceness in life. I can be an asshole though. xD A huge one.

As for one wish... I'd need to think more to be able to give a definitive answer, but off the top of my head, I'd wish for the ability to control my own brain. I read a really interesting theory somewhere that if we could have 100% control of our own brain, it would make life SO much easier in absolutely tons of aspects. I'd have to find that theory again, it was interesting...

How did you learn the competitive game? 'Cause damn man you can battle, so whatever it was it worked.

Practice. Constant practice and learning. I've been doing this since late 3rd gen, back when Netbattle was a thing. Then in 4th gen with Shoddy Battle. Then I reached my peak in 5th gen where for a time, I was considered one of the top/better battlers on the server in my time there (If I may be so bold to make that claim/assumption anyway). I just played a lot. Took pokemon that I liked and enjoyed and learned to make a team around them while battling constantly got me learning the strategies of each generation and how they played - and how to counter or play around them. When weather was at it's peak in gen 5, my main team unwittingly functioned as anti-sand and could hold up very well against sun and rain.

Course, when gen 6 came along I got super lazy and didn't bother to learn that metagame, so I fell off HARD. I doubt I'd be nearly as good as i was in gen 5 since I haven't really battled uh.. .at all, so I don't know what major changes ORAS or XY brought to the table and as such probably wouldn't be able to play around or against it as well as I could do so in the past. At this point, I'm relying on past knowledge and experience (learning how to predict, switch, ect, ect, stuff that came with battling a lot) until I battle enough to get up to speed on the current meta.

How do you feel about ama's in general?

Personally, I find them to be a bit of an annoying trend, however when you've been gone and need a quick way back into the community to re-introduce yourself, I really can't knock the format too much.

Also! I remember you from Nsider/Nsider 2 and AtlF, if I'm remembering correctly. Not that I keep in contact with um... any of them anymore, but it's still nice to see a friendly face from the old,old,old,old days. I doubt you'd remember me, but does the name Shadow ring a bell? Among multiple other names.... That is if I'm even right, there's a high chance you're completely unrelated and it's just a case of "name's the same."

3ef3d7c5363adfe80eb6c9b9a571caeea7cb8a56

So as a connoisseur of both steak and wings, give me your favorite cut and flavor respectively.

I may or may not be eating a heaping helping of steak right now actually.Shit's great.

Favorite cut: I'm actually not overly picky on the cuts, but my family eats a LOT of round cuts due to the cheapness of it around here. Personally, I love cuts that come from the Short Loin, so Tenderloin, T-Bone, Porterhouse, ect.

Favorite Wing flavor: Spicy Garlic flavor, absolutely no contest there. The perfect combo of heat and zest.

Seems like the absolute sheer amount of these is causing this one to be lost into the sea of them, so while I'll still be glad to answer any questions here, I'm also glad to get to know people through PM's or the server, should they like. I'm Shuuichi on there.

So based Kaito (would use the really long name from qb but I will refrain), what do you think of me?

As an actual question(I'm bad at them ok) how much did you enjoy doing Survivor Reborn, and if you could do it again, what will you fix?

So based Kaito (would use the really long name from qb but I will refrain), what do you think of me?

As an actual question(I'm bad at them ok) how much did you enjoy doing Survivor Reborn, and if you could do it again, what will you fix?

We all agreed never to touch that name again. xD But I'm not really into the whole "what do I think of you" think right now just cause of me being away for so long makes it hard to say for a lot of the newer base. You're pretty cool though, not gonna lie.

And oh man... I freaking LOVED hosting Survivor Reborn. I would absolutely do it again in a heartbeat (I actually have a good amount of pages for Season 2 and it's setup on my laptop already), I just don't have the time to be hosting it right now. There's tons of things I would change though, since even though season 1 was pretty successful, it also left a lot to be desired activity-wise. I'd probably work on finding a way around the mass PM'ing that went on in late game that caused actual forum activity to plummet, alongside more frequent activity checks in general. For a first run through though? I think it went decently, and it showcased a lot of flaws in the first game that can be fixed for the next.