Does windows 10 screw up Reborn beyond repair?

Monochrome_Complex

I seriously can't even bring myself to play this game anymore now :/

I have a new laptop since my old one died, and it came with windows 10 which I never upgraded to on my old one. Thing is, the game is running twice as bad and is just unbearably laggy. On CLEAR days it's like I'm constantly playing on route 2 except indoors, where the lag is still noticeable. And during battle where the lag usually calms down it's still bad. The game just runs incredibly jumpy and sucks any enjoyment out it. Is there something I'm missing? Is it an essentials issue? Rejuv ran kind of poorly too so I think that may be it.

Please offer any advice, I'd hate to drop Reborn because of this.

I usually have a crap ton of stuff running and sometimes skype and rpg maker so it's probably too many programs combined with a heavily evented area which makes it lag so hard. My advice is to either see if you can get it to run normal speed (my lag was hardly noticeable despite the conditions...though I've played old reborn with animations and anything moves faster than that) or use one of those speedup programs/cheat engine.

If you really aren't sure what the problem is, open the task manager and see if the CPU is hitting like 100% or close to that as that'd be your issue, not your computer. Reborn City is one of the most interesting scenarios as no other Pokemon fan game packs so many events in a very small area which makes it a little more demanding, but once you hit episode 8, it should start moving a bit faster.

I also have no problem with windows 10. It runs normally for me and I am usually also watching youtube as well.

Also, are the freezes you people above get when you enter the opal ward. If so this isn't windows 10 it is just the weather events sorting themselves out.

I could play Reborn just fine on Windows 10. My current problem right now is that it won't let me log in to my computer because of this message:

"Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device."

I, however, have been using my correct password, but it still doesn't work, much to my dismay. Does anybody know how to fix that?

I could play Reborn just fine on Windows 10. My current problem right now is that it won't let me log in to my computer because of this message:

"Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device."

I, however, have been using my correct password, but it still doesn't work, much to my dismay. Does anybody know how to fix that?

In my experience, that message only showed when I used the wrong password, you may want to double check that

but for the topic at hand, I doubt it's windows 10 causing the problem

I'm downloading reborn on my family computer to see if the same problem occurs. It could just be RAM issue as my laptop doesn't have much, just barely meeting the 2.00GB requirement. Thing is, it's actually faster than the family computer so idk how this will turn out.

I think it IS my processor. It's 1.33 GHz and the game regularly approaches around 1.5 during battle . Maybe the site should kind of make note of that or at least give a good area of how good your processor needs to be in order to run the game effectively.

And the family computer just takes too long to even get the game started. My old laptop never had these problems with Reborn.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

I also have no problem with windows 10. It runs normally for me and I am usually also watching youtube as well.

Also, are the freezes you people above get when you enter the opal ward. If so this isn't windows 10 it is just the weather events sorting themselves out.

Or leaving it. It can happen with either of those. But yeah, it happens especially when weather changes.

In my experience, that message only showed when I used the wrong password, you may want to double check that

It was the right password, and I did try changing it. I also checked to see if it was on caps lock, which it wasn't. Sadly, it's still being a pain for me. I'll probably try reconnecting my internet router just to be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously can't even bring myself to play this game anymore now :/

I have a new laptop since my old one died, and it came with windows 10 which I never upgraded to on my old one. Thing is, the game is running twice as bad and is just unbearably laggy. On CLEAR days it's like I'm constantly playing on route 2 except indoors, where the lag is still noticeable. And during battle where the lag usually calms down it's still bad. The game just runs incredibly jumpy and sucks any enjoyment out it. Is there something I'm missing? Is it an essentials issue? Rejuv ran kind of poorly too so I think that may be it.

Please offer any advice, I'd hate to drop Reborn because of this.

that is quite odd because my game runs twice as fast on windows 10 so i cant help you sorry

Without knowing the specs of your computer, as well as your usage habits, I can't tell you what's wrong with the computer. I run Windows 10 and the game works fine (2.1 GHz Intel i3-5015U processor though).

If you hit F1 in Reborn you can uncheck "smooth mode" to make the game a bit less demanding on your computer - have you tried that?

Edited by GenOneRaisedGenY

• 3 months later...

I know I'm reviving a somewhat dead topic (apologies), but I'm having the same issue. I was playing Reborn on Windows Vista, which only lagged in areas like the park in Obsidia Ward, or a little bit in Peridot Ward, but was pretty good besides that. But, I updated this comp (finally) to Windows 10, and ever since then, even though my computer has been cleaned, and still has all the same parts, it runs slower than ever. Now it has major lag when outside in any ward (Except for Coral) and battle, and only runs normally indoors, even in clear weather. It's about as bad whether or not there's weather.

Here are a few specs for my comp:

Processor: Intel Core i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10 GHz

Ram: 4.0 GB

64-Bit

I know that the specs aren't really that good, all things considering, I just find it rather strange that the only difference is my OS. I've tried running it as the only program, I've tried increasing the priority, nothing has worked. When I'm running Reborn, I still have 90% CPU available and over half of Memory still available. If there are any suggestions, please, I'd love to hear them. I've been searching the forums and found little that would actually help.

Edited by WaltoDisney