[IC] Battlefield of Love!!<3!! ~1:Will I ever get his attention?~

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

~"Love is a battlefield; you have to fight for who and what you want."~ Ghandi 2015

Hello, yellow and welcome to the harem RP! I'm your host, Pyon Pyon Kyuu and I'll be playing the GM in this wonderful story of love, comedy, and idiocy. This is obviously the IC, the link to the OOC containing most of the information dumps will be here:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17950

Rolls and relevant information will also be put there, with the RP-ing itself being here. We shall start as soon as I get confirmation on everyone still being on board. As soon as I get those pms, a post will go on the OOC with rolls relevant to the first post, and then following that post the first post of the game will go on here. And then it's happy harem-ing!!

Lights! Cameras!

Start the love!!

"(...)I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once" - Julius Caesar 1424

Alright alright, ladies and gentlemen off the set! Get ready for the pilot episode, move it people come on! Actors in place? Perfect let's get started!

Lights! Camera!

ACTION!

Episode 1: START LOVE, The Game of Hearts!

Episode 1 Scene 1

[MORNING]

School! School... School? Yep you are currently at school. You enter your classroom as usual, prepared for another day of school. It's sunny on the 26th of March, 2025. Not too cold, and not too warm. A very pleasant breeze travels by outside. Which is where you are not. Because you are stuck inside. In school. The class around you rushes to their seats and quiets down, as your homeroom teacher opens the door and makes his way to the front of the class.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT QUIET DOWN YOU BRATS!" Mr. Leigh shouts. You've come to know him as the worst teacher in the whole school. He claims to be some sort of genius with 200 IQ, but ended up stuck teaching high school. A fact he complains about a lot. "We've got a new student today so you kids best behave. This brat moved in from. Where the fuck did you come from again?" As the teacher spoke, a tall boy walked in. Not too athletic, but you definitely notice that he exercises. Maybe some sort of sport that requires running? He looks over the class, one eye a creepy icy blue, the other a friendly inviting brown.

Where did this boy come from?... Dreamland?...

"I was born here in Preala but I've been overseas for the past few years." The boy answered your thoughts.

Oh...

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! Enough about your life story introduce yourself and tell the class a little about yourself." The teacher 's tone seemed each time more irritated.

"Right..." The boy didn't seem amused by the slightest but he turned to the class and said "My name is Nicu Daniel. I spent the last 8 years traveling from country to country. I really like baseball, and will join the baseball club for sure. Uuuh let's see... I hope we can all get along?"

Roll 1 winner: Evelyn!

Reward: +1 VP, and sitting next to Nicu! Squeeee!!

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! That's enough, just uh take a seat wherever it's available. Yeah like over there next to Edwardson."

Nicu walk down the classroom, and sat himself next to Evelyn. He placed his bag on the table and turned and waved to the girl. "Guess we're desk neighbors. Nice to meet you." He smiled sweetly. The class started to whisper in response to his introduction. It seemed like he left quite the impact on the class.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT quiet down brats we've got some shit to learn today."

The day goes on...

[AFTER SCHOOL]

"THAT'S THE END OF CLASS. But the following students have cleaning duties: Aurora Seema, Edwardson Evelyn, Ferreo Eurosia, and Koizumi Sora. Go to the gym and report for duty at once!" He was about to leave, but took one last glance around the class. "Oh right someone needs to show the loser around the school." Mr. Leigh grumbled something about 'damn kids' and 'not wanting to do it'.

Roll 2 winner: Sora!

Reward: +2 VP!

"Uuuh I don't know Koizumi you do it! Take Daniel with you on cleaning duty and show him around." As Mr. Leigh left he added "Maybe you'll grow a backbone then."

Nicu seemed to be in disbelief with the teacher's behavior. Nonetheless, he got up from his seat and walked over to Koizumi.

"So you're going to show me around? Nice to meet you! Name's Nicu... Although you probably already know huh." He scratched the back of his head and laughed. "What's yours?"

((And free roam! Feel free to write posts reacting to what has happened so far, interact with the students, classroom, and Nicu! After a few posts we will teleport our little harem to the gym, but for now GO GO GO!))

"Waa-!" Leigh's shouting never failed to startle Sora - especially when it was directed at him. He nearly jumped out of his skin when the man said his name, fully expecting some sort of berating on trumped-up charges. "Oh, uh, ohaiyo, Daniel-san." Sora quickly stood from his seat and then immediately gave a bow that was probably a bit deeper than necessary, given the occasion. "My name is Koizumi Sora." He hoped that Nicu didn't notice the faint blush on his face, or at least that he assumed it was part of Sora's makeup. "It's uh, nice to meet you too."

Before Episode 1, Scene 1
[EARLY MORNING]
"The sandman cares little if you are poor or rich. He goes as he comes, and leaves sleep in his wake."

Evelyn recalls childhood bedtime stories with half-open eyes. She still remember those stories from long ago. Having loaded parents surely has its merits, but their time spent on children certainly isn't one. Father had hired caretakers to fill that gap, but how much is there for others to fix?

Living in a dorm was one of the largest life changes for Evelyn. It was supposed to "make her more independant". Though she has a luxury room and all school expenses paid, couldn't they have been a bit more generous than to simply throw their own daughter right out in the open world?

Evelyn stifles a yawn and drags herself out of the comfort of her bed. A pile of clothes lays neatly on the drawer, ready to put on. "Thanks, mom, for bringing those in the weekends," she mumbles, "Or should I say, thanks to whoever she waved the cash at to do so."

Episode 1, Scene 1
[MORNING]

After a luxurious breakfast (thanks again, Mom), Evelyn leaves for school, expecting a normal day of homeroom, normal classes, and few other things. She enters the classroom slightly early, as is expected of a lady, and elegantly walks to her seat, causing a few giggles from the back of the class and a scowl from a certain individual known as Mr. Leigh.

Most likely because of her "family connections", Mr. Leigh at least showed some respect for Evelyn, never "cordially inviting" her to a "post-class conversation session", or, as it's commonly known amongst the students, a "He got angry again and ranted at me for 20 minutes." That didn't stop Mr. Leigh from shouting to her, however, when needed.

As usual, Mr. Leigh starts by calming everyone down, then, as if a switch is triggered inside him, instantly falls silent when the door is knocked. He angrily mutters something to himself about that "new student" and "kids these days", then yells at the door to "come in". A somewhat tall figure stands in the doorway.

(...)

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT! That's enough, just uh take a seat wherever it's available. Yeah, like over there, next to Edwardson." As the boy walked over to Evelyn, her mind struck a blank. A new student, in the middle of the year? Did the others know? Why didn't they tell her about it? He steps closer, and Mr. Leigh is still staring from the front of the classroom. Just stay calm, Evelyn.

"Guess we're desk neighbors. Nice to meet you."

That caught her off-guard somewhat, expecting a somewhat more sophisticated approach, and causing the reply to be somewhat louder than expected.

"Hello!" He probably doesn't know how to act around me yet, she thought. "I'm Edwardson. Evelyn. Evelyn Edwardson."

So much for a calm approach, even though he's technically approaching ME.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT quiet down brats we've got some shit to learn today." Mr. Leigh's brash voice interrupts the talk before Nicu can react.

The rest of the day day goes on rather uneventfully, with some random chit-chat with Nicu, but so far her efforts to pronounce her superior status have gone unnoticed. There may be more to this boy than meets the eye...

[AFTER SCHOOL]

The class ends and the students collectively sigh in relief. But not soon thereafter, Mr.Leigh interrupts their, now false, hope of escape.

"THAT'S THE END OF CLASS. But the following students have cleaning duties."

That's no problem, Evelyn thought. Mr.Leigh never picked her anyways. Cleaning is for the maids to do.

"Aurora Seema."

The class representative. She and Evelyn hadn't really talked often aside from student matters, but Evelyn had always appreciated her diligence.

"Ferreo Eurosia."

A pretty obnoxious girl. Well, not entirely a girl, she thought. Too rude and unladylike to be called one. After their first meeting, which was shortly followed by several bruises on Evelyn's side, forcing her to wear those like scars for a few days, she and Ferreo never spoke again.

"Koizumi Sora."

As always, Mr.Leigh's shouting is followed by a startled yelp from behind her, and Sora blushing while trying to hide it from everyone. Not that she minded; Sora had been pretty nice to her when they talked, although a bit timid about, well, everything.

"Evelyn Edwardson."

WHAT? How dare he assign her to cleaning? 'He should be the one cleaning for ME!' she thought.

"Koizumi, you do it! Take Daniel with you on cleaning duty and show him around." As Mr. Leigh left he added "Maybe you'll grow a backbone then."

And now he's leaving us to the cleaning. At least, now that Nicu's here, there's still four people cleaning even if I don't bother. Mr. Leigh has disappeared, so there's no way she could protest.

But maybe this could provide a great opportunity to show Nicu how things go around here; If the others were to treat her as they should, he would certainly follow. With that in mind, she set off.

Rosie - Episode 1, Scene 1

Ugh, cleaning duty. Rosie didn't mind the work, that wasn't the issue at all. The issue, was that she'd be stuck with other people who would inevitably take offense to her not doing anything wrong. Seriously, why did people always have to assume that she was being mean when she was really just pointing things out? At least the new kid was here, he wouldn't know her yet, so maybe she could make a better impression on him somehow. Of course meanwhile the literally most annoying being in the entire school was along as well, and she was the one tasked with showing the new guy around, so maybe it was best if she just steered clear for now. Making a good first impression probably didn't involve spitting in the face--likely not figurative--of the person who was supposed to show Nicu around.

Seema clapped twice to gather the attention of the others. As much as she disliked it, she was put on cleaning duty with others. As much as she disliked it, she had a pretty weak opportunity to make an impression on the new boy. So, she had to instill the impression of the hard-working disciplined Class Rep quickly.

"Alright, guys. Let's hurry to the gym and finish up cleaning duty as quickly as possible. We will all have time to hang around afterwards."

Episode 1, scene 2

"Well looks like everyone is as excited to clean floors as I am." He said as he started walking towards the door and motioned for Sora to follow. "Let's go, you have to lead the way."

[AT THE GYM]

The group of four girls and Nicu arrived at the gym. The team went in, grabbed brooms and went straight to work! Because it was a scheduled cleaning, the gym was empty and you really got to appreciate the size of the gym. In total, there were three basketball courts all lined up with each other. The floor was marked with multicolored lines, meaning the courts could be used for other games like football or volleyball. One of the corners of the gym is especially dirty, as if it wasn't cleaned in ages. Connected to the right side of the gym is the girl's shower room. Is cleaning the shower room part of your job?

After some good twenty minutes of work Nicu yawns and stretched loudly. "I think I'm going to take a five minute break. This place is way too big to clean in one go..." He sighs at the end of his sentence. He drops his broom and takes a seat at the bleachers that surround the court. He's totally available to talk! Now's your chance! Or maybe if you clean more that will impress him? Oh decisions decisions.

((Note! information in bold are explorable and places you can interact with! Going to these places generally gets you the opportunity to roll and earn something.))

Sora was fairly quiet, as always, leading Nicu to the gym. That girl. . . I wonder why she looks so annoyed. Cleaning isn't so bad. . . After they arrived. he quickly got to work. He'd like to think he was quick at cleaning, but it was hard to be really skilled at pushing a broom. "Ah, I'll just, um, clean over here in this corner. . ." He wasn't sure what to say to Nicu - his cuteness was making words even harder to come by than usual. Sora didn't mind the work, even if Nicu probably wasn't doing quite his fair share. Besides, maybe he would appreciate it.

The group set off to the gym, with Sora and Nicu walking in front. Conflicted with her dislike of cleaning, or that of working in general, and her desire not to show that to others, Evelyn decided to just stick to the back of the group for a while in an attempt to hide the dread spelled in bold red letters on her face. After a short period of walking, the group arrived at the gym.

The others quickly headed towards the cleaning supplies neatly gathered in a small room, while Evelyn followed. I guess there's no other option but to play along...

Unless...

As the others set towards their cleaning duties, Evelyn glanced around the area, her broom in hand, searching for a distraction. Maybe even an excuse. The gym's very spacious, and especially so when there's no people here, like during the PE classes. On the right-hand side, there's a doorway, leading to the girl's shower room. A perfect place to "go clean". Only two of the others will ever dare to step foot in there. And maybe she'll just call them over to help clean the bathrooms after a while...

With this in mind, Evelyn headed towards the girls' shower room. I'll just do some pretend-cleaning, just in case Seema walks in randomly. Getting caught slacking by her will not end well...

Seema looked towards the girl's shower room. Was that also part of the cleaning duty? She honestly could not remember. That was a bad sign, It meant that she had been slacking off if she could not remember it.

But that was fine. It was probably best to go clean the shower room. There was no harm in being safe rather than sorry, after all.

• 2 months later...

Sora

Following the dust, you clean and clean and clean some more. You follow the dust until you don't know where you are. The lights seem to be out in this part of the gym, and the space is tight. The space you are in is wedged between the wall of the gym, and the large bleachers. But... What's that?

A silver glint catches your eye. It's a pink purse with a metal zipper! If Sora opens this purse he will find a 30 Ishtar bill, the currency of the island! Score!

Seema and Evelyn

The two of you had the same idea, to clean the girl's shower room! The shower room is fairly clean, but it could definitely use some dusting. There are innumerable lockers on the sides of the walls, all decorated in different colors. Some had writings on them, with hearts and messages to secret lovers. Most of them are closed shut, but a pink locker seems to have it's door slightly open. Could there be something inside?

A blue door leads to the actual showers, where there are five showers. However, one of the shower heads is leaking water. It clearly seems to be broken...

Pretend-cleaning is actually a pretty difficult job, especially when Seema's breathing down your neck. Evelyn had heard rumours about Seema's foreign descent, and didn't appreciate taking orders from her in the slightest, especially when it means there's hard work she's supposed to do.

To stall a bit of time, she put down her broom to take a look around the room. The walls are filled with multicolored lockers in rows. Some of the lockers have partially lost their color, so it's obvious which have been replaced recently with new ones. Others have scratches on them, or sticky notes with cute drawings.

She hadn't been in the shower rooms often, preferring to use her own room's shower over the cheaper, lower-class showers, which break and leak and go hot and cold and... Ugh!

Evelyn muttered to herself, but to no avail. She was still slaving away for the greater good of the school, a terrible fate for a lady.

Taking another look at the oddly-coloured lockers, Evelyn noticed that a single locker stood out: Next to a locker with a large dent in it, the pink-coloured locker as opened slightly. Noticing that the floor below it was stained with dirt and sand, while also having her curiosity piqued, Evelyn slowly set foot toward the mysteriously opened locker.

It's really grimy here... Which means Seema will go clean here, and interfere with me. I don't think she deserves to see what's in here. The school's secrets are mine alone, which means only one thing: There's no option but to get busy.

Sighing, Evelyn gets out the broom and begins what she was ordered to have started a long time ago, in an attempt to take a peek inside the mysterious pink locker...

Sora picked up the purse, examining it. It probably had money or something inside, but it wouldn't be very nice to just take it. . . Either way, he didn't really recognize the bag. He looked around at the rest of the gym. The other girls were nowhere in sight, leaving Nicu as the only person to talk to. Ah, I hope I don't blush~ It would be really embarrassing if I got all worked up just talking to him. Sora grabbed the bag and somewhat hesitantly walked toward the bleachers where the boy sat. "Um, Daniel-san, do you know whose this is?" Sora asked, holding out the purse in front of himself. "I found it behind the bleachers, so it must be a student's or something. . ."

Cleaning duty was tedious to say the least. For one, she had to at least make sure that the other girl in the shower room area was cleaning. At the very least, it looked like Evelyn was doing her job. It was either that or she was pulling a good enough impression of faking her actions. Whatever the case, Seema could check up on her in the locker room area later. Instead, she made her way over to the showers and saw one of the five shower heads leaking water. "That…doesn't look like it's good."

She made her way in closer to get a better look at the shower head. She would likely have to report the issue so it was best to get as many details as possible.

Sora:

"Hm?" Nicu got up from the bleachers he was laying on and stretched his arms upwards. He looked at Sora for a few seconds before replying. "Oh call me Nicu, don't keep things formal." His face was friendly as friendly could be, with a small smile creeping on his face as he said the last few words.

"It's only my first day at this school Sora, there's no way I could know who's this is." Nicu took the purse from Sora's hand and opened it, looking for some sort of identification. "Hey, there's money in here! Lucky break, what are you going to do with it?" The boy tossed the purse back to Sora.

Seema

The first problem was simple, the tap of the shower seemed to have been left on so water was traveling to the shower head at a very slow rate. The second problem, is that the shower head at the top of the stall wasn't properly corked to the metal pipe leading into the wall. Just a few turns would cork it in properly!

Evelyn

Evelyn, after taking a peek inside the locker finds that it contains...

A small bag of chocolate chip cookies! Yummie, tasty, and re-energizing. The packet reads "Feeling down? one quick bite, and you will feel energized all over again!"

OOC

This is the introduction of stat boosting items. If in your post your character eats the cookies, she will get a +1 boost to her next roll. Items like this will be available for purchase in between episodes.

Also I always reward creativity, so cookies are cookies in universe. If you ever find yourself in a situation that you think you can solve with cookies instead of a roll, your creativity will be rewarded for it. Same for any other items you find on your adventures.

Sora caught the purse, visibly blushing once again at Nicu's words. "Um, okay, Nicu-kun." That was about as informal as Sora was willing to get. It still felt strange to address someone he'd just met like that, but he was so cute. . . !

He looked down at the purse for a moment. "Ah, I think I'll hold onto it for now." He glanced back up at Nicu with a small smile. "I guess it was silly of me to think you'd know who this belonged to. . ." Ah! He'll think I'm calling him stupid! "N-n-not that it's your fault, of course, it's your first day like you said." I just keep making it more awkward! Maybe I should just stop talking. . .

Upon careful observance, Seema realized that the problem with the shower was something she did not need to call another person for. She could simply take on the problem itself and resolve it quickly. After all, self-reliance and responsibility were key to keeping proper discipline. So, the girl reached out to the tap to tighten it closed and then to the cork to give it the few turns it needed.

Sora

"It's been a fun first day so far." Nicu sighed as he got up from his seat and picked up a broom. "Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery fun" He added some clear sarcasm to the first word. Getting back to work, Nicu started to broom the sides of the gym, dusting off near the bleachers. "Are you in any clubs, Sora?" Nicu asked. "I was thinking of joining the baseball club if I could make the tryouts."

Seema

Turn, turn, turn, turn. With a skillful touch, you successfully fix the shower head! No more leaking water!

However you barely have time to contemplate your victory over broken hygienic devices! Water suddenly pours out of the shower head! It seems the leak was messing with the water pressure, cold water that was built up in the pipes rains all over you leaving you soaked to your socks!

"Uhm, I'm a member in the anime club, but other than that, no." Sora took his own broom and started cleaning alongside Nicu, working at the dust diligently to try and get over his previous agitation. He was quickly running out of words to say, so he simply tried his best to get the cleaning finished. I guess I don't really like baseball that much, but it might be fun to watch if Nicu is there. As long as I don't run into my old friends. . . it would be so awkward after not talking for so long. He wondered what they thought of him. More importantly, he wondered what Nicu thought of him, what with his constant shyness and conversational flailing. He's being nice, that's a good sign, right?

After Seema entered the door in the back to apparently check on the showers, Evelyn sighed of relief and dropped her broom and facade of a hard-working lady. The wooden end of the broom hit a tile, producing a dull sound, followed by a silence from Evelyn. After concluding that it went unnoticed, or that Seema was simply uninterested in the sound, Evelyn picked up the broom and set it neatly against the locker wall.

Evelyn pushed open the pink locker a bit further to see if it creaked, then opened it all the way to take a look inside when it didn't. A bit of dust escaped from inside the locker, and settled on her elegant black dress. After muttering to herself and blowing and picking off the bits of grime that befouled her attire, Evelyn took a look inside.

The locker seems empty, aside from the dust and a mysterious bag in the back. The emblem on the bag was difficult to read in the somewhat dark locker, so Evelyn, in curiosity, freed one arm from her dress, prayed that no one saw her like this, as Seema still hadn't returned, and stuck her arm inside the locker, retrieving the bag from its place. After fixing her dress, Evelyn examined her prize:

"Feeling down? one quick bite, and you will feel energized all over again!"

A cheery cartoon on the bag greeted Evelyn as she read the package. Cookies! A pretty expensive brand, it seems, as well. Quite ordinary for someone like me, of course, but invaluable as a gift to appease people. I don't think anyone will mind if I take it. I deserve it for finding it here, after all... Now, how does one hide a bag of cookies?

I'll just look for Nicu and show him his place, and a good dog will get some treats...

With that in mind, Evelyn left the shower room without a word, a bag of cookies behind her back and her broom abandoned next to the wide-open locker.

Soaked. Drenched. Covered in water. Even though she had fixed it, she ended up with her body dripping water. "Just my luck." She muttered.

But now was no time to get all worried about the fact that she had water all over and completely freeze up. The first thing she needed to do was to get as much water off her body as she could. She made a beeline out of the shower area, hoping to find a towel. There had to be a dry towel somewhere, after all.

Sora Evelyn

"Anime huh?" Nicu grinned a bit mischievously. "So you are the Otaku type of girl. Didn't really take you for one." He kept at his work, sweeping the dust into a bag. "Don't you like sports? I've heard the school has some pretty good teams." When Evelyn came out of the shower rooms, he lifted up his hand in a greeting. "Hey, welcome back."

Seema

Every locker; locked. The ones that were opened; empty. The towel racks; no towels were racked. No matter how hard Seema looked, there were no towels in this shower room. Almost as if it was some prank, or evil act of god... Maybe there were some towels in the boys locker room? Or maybe in the storage shed! But to get there, Seema would have to go through the gym and obviously pass through the other and... Nicu

DUN DUN DUNNNNN

After exiting the shower room, Evelyn paced around the gym, the newly acquired prize hidden behind her back. Now, let's see who's still here...

"I've heard the school has some pretty good teams."

Nicu's standing there, casually chattering away with Sora, all while dusting off the gym floor. Swiftly sweeping the gathered dust in the dust bag, he appears to be talking about sports.

He does seem like the sporty type...

"Hey, welcome back."

Nicu looked up at Evelyn, quickly waved his hand, and gave a casual greeting. Almost too casual.

Evelyn, in an attempt to appear somewhat casual to him, struggled with the pack of cookies still hidden behind her back before finally waving at him in an awkward manner, as if she'd forgotten how to wave at all, or simply was never learned how to in the first place.

"Umm, hi..."

After approaching them from where she stood and waiting for Nicu and Sora to end their small talk, Evelyn entered their conversation:

"Well, hello there, too, Sora. I hadn't expected you to stay here with Nicu. I really could have used a hand with cleaning the shower rooms, you know."

Making an effort to prevent the skillfully hidden (or so she thought) plastic cookie package from making any more noise, Evelyn continued.

"Seema had vanished immediately to the back of the shower room, leaving me to do the main work. She hadn't even offered to help me. How ungrateful of her. I take it that you two have been doing some actual work?"

"O-Otaku? I guess you could call me that. . ." Sora had to admit, he didn't get out much. "I don't really play sports, so I don't really follow them much, but I do go to games sometimes." I would go more often if you were there, he thought to himself.

When Evelyn came out and spoke, Sora looked down at her words. "Sorry. . . I can finish cleaning the showers too, I didn't mean to make you do it yourself." He didn't mention the dusty corner of the gym, until. . . "Oh! Do you recognize this purse?" He held it up so that the girl could get a clear view of it.

After explaining his behaviour, Sora held up a purse to Evelyn. She bent forward to take a look, making an effort to keep the cookies behind her back.

The purse held quite a bit (for commoners, at least) of money, but little else.

"Can't say I have. Did some careless person drop it here in the gym?"

The money itself's not an issue, but someone's probably looking for it. Maybe I can prod one of them a bit to go and look. The sooner I can end this cleaning party, the better.

"At any rate, someone's looking for it, and it would be quite ungrateful to take something like that for yourselves, would it? Maybe Nicu could take the purse to the staff to find its owner? Someone like you knows where the staff room is, right, Nicu?"

Or... Just ending the whole party altogether by going escaping myself. And taking Nicu with me, of course.

"Well, you ARE new here, so I can't fully blame you if you don't. Maybe you'd need some help finding it? I think I'll be kind today and offer you to help you out just this once."

Evelyn shot a glare at Sora.

"Unless one of you has any objections, hmm?"