Any good games that you play?

Nhadala

Everything i look at just seems so meh on the steam store, it doesnt seem like theres anything incredible that i could sink myself into.

If anyone of you knows any games that i can play and get invested in, please do tell, as im having difficulty finding anything in this huge pile of games that exist in the steam store or anywhere else.

Edited by Nhadala

What genres are you interested in? What kind of setting do you like? Does difficulty matter? Do you prefer big titles over indie games, vice-versa, or not really have a preference? Multiplayer games vs single player? It'll be easier to give good suggestions with some more information.

Anything as long as it has a good storyline.

I dont like horror games and would prefer not to be recommended MOBAs or MMORPGS, i also dont prefer games that i have to download a million mods for it to get good.

I had a look at Fallout 4 and it seems to have problems on the PC, such as controls and stuff so im not sure about that game.

Edited by Nhadala

Here's a quick list of some of my favorite (and cheap) Steam games.

-Undertale (RPG, very story drive. Great soundtrack.)

-Bastion (Hack and Slash/Adventure. Best narration for a game ever. Great soundtrack.)

-Transistor (Hack and Slash/Adventure/Strategy. By the guys who made Bastion.)

-Terraria (2D Survival Crafting. I have 384 hours on this one. Like Minecraft, but fun.)

-One Way Heroics (Adventure. Lots of unlockables, very forgiving with deaths, kind of.)

-Crypt of the Necrodancer (Dungeon Crawler/Dance Simulator. Best soundtrack. Modding support.)

-Crawl (Dungeon Crawler/Couch Co-op. Play as the monsters and the hero.)

-Freedom Planet (Adventure. It's more of a Sonic game than most of the Sonic games.)

-The Stanley Parable (???)

-World of Goo (Puzzle. Great Soundtrack.)

-Dust: An Elysian Tale (Hack and Slash/Adventure. Great soundtrack, story driven.)

I think most of these games should be in the ten to twenty dollar range, plus, their should be a sale coming up for cyber Monday, so you may want to wait.

I'll totally second Bastion and Transistor. Fantastic score, gameplay, and story.

If you haven't, the Bioshock series is really good (1, and 3's DLCs in particular). The rest are still worth playing.

The Binding of Issac, tons of replayability.

Borderlands. Grab a bunch of friends.

• Veterans

Undertale is mentioned already, so I don't think I'd have to suggest that anymore :V (but really, do play Undertale because it's a fantastic game)

Portal and Portal 2 might also be fun games to play if you haven't yet! (Portal 2 also supports community mods/maps so there's plenty of content)

Here is a list of my favourite steam games:

- Rocket League(A fun gravity based sports game with cars great for some casual fun)

- Terraria (Similar to Minecraft except in 2D so if you like crafting things and exploring it can be very fun)

- Dungeon Defenders 1 & 2 (Nice tower defence game with a more ARPG esque vibe to it which is fun solo but best played with others)

- Castle Crashers (Great game that is crazy fun again best played with others)

- Battleblock Theater( Fun platformer that is great to play alone or with friends)

- Left 4 Dead 2 (Fun team based shooter that is great for singleplayer and multiplayer + Mod support)

- Warframe ( A game that I describe as a third person shooter with rpg aspects to it and for a free to play game I would say it's one of the best out there)

I just feel that I need to mention these games to give them more exposure though most listed are fairly popular to a degree.

Here is a list of my favourite steam games:

- Rocket League(A fun gravity based sports game with cars great for some casual fun)

- Terraria (Similar to Minecraft except in 2D so if you like crafting things and exploring it can be very fun)

- Dungeon Defenders 1 & 2 (Nice tower defence game with a more ARPG esque vibe to it which is fun solo but best played with others)

- Castle Crashers (Great game that is crazy fun again best played with others)

- Battleblock Theater( Fun platformer that is great to play alone or with friends)

- Left 4 Dead 2 (Fun team based shooter that is great for singleplayer and multiplayer + Mod support)

- Warframe ( A game that I describe as a third person shooter with rpg aspects to it and for a free to play game I would say it's one of the best out there)

I just feel that I need to mention these games to give them more exposure though most listed are fairly popular to a degree.

That description of Terraria doesn't do it justice, in my opinion.

While Minecraft is more about building stuff, Terraria is more about exploration and fighting. It's more like a randomly generated metroidvania/igavania type of game than a "2D Minecraft". Yes, it has mining and a crafting system, but so do a lot of other games. Terraria also has much more diversity in weapons and monsters.

Sorry about that, but seeing Terraria being just called a "2D Minecraft" is kinda one of my pet peeves.

I'd recommend Ori and the Blind Forest. Good story, good feels moments, enjoyable characters, very pretty, GREAT soundtrack... All in all, it was a blast to play through. It's a action/adventure/platformer game and it's reeeeally good. It's not that expensive either.