About Recent Server Crashes

Amethyst

• Administrators

It's been happening more frequently lately, and almost always around league time. This is A- Annoying, B- Curious, but I have a potential explanation.

Kinda.

The older members will recall that this kinda happened last year too, around the same time. Now I cannot be sure that this is what's causing it, but based on the fact that Nyu's site is down too (and therefore we can't restart the server), I think this is what's going on:

The server is hosted in California, and we've had some pretty cold weather lately... Well, haha, I don't know what's cold by Californian standards. However, as Nyu explained to me before something about the power or connection in Nyu's area kind of just, dies, when the weather gets colder. This used to kill off the server, usually around league time, winter of last year too. It's sporadic, and there's very little we can do about it, but it shouldn't be a permanent issue and is nothing to worry about.

However, last year when this would happen, we had Mysidia to run to. Now, however, we can't do that. Among or other affiliates is Treehouse, so I'm thinking we can go there when Reborn is down? (TBT is liklely to be busy, and many of the people we've banned tend to go there instead, so I'm hesitant to send people back to them). I just confirmed with Treehouse's admin, Vappy, and it's all clear.

For tonight League won't run, but if this happens similarly in the future, we'll just run league on Treehouse.

...However, I see there's a number of people on the forum, so... In twenty minutes, I'll host a hangman for the 10th Leader's name via status updates~

• 2 months later...