What does that mean?

nugget_22

Okay, I am at the Beryl Cemetary, and I start grinding there. In the battle it says "Adieu to disappointment and spleen."

What does spleen mean? I posted it here because it is in the game. I'm sorry if it's stupid I just don't know. Thanks!

I always thought it sounded weird and somewhat pretentious in the context of the game.

Books are nice to read, sometimes.

Well this is rude, not like everybody has read the book or have any interest in reading it either. It's a pretty obscure reference and TBH pretty out of place.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

"Adieu to disappointment and spleen." Is a reference to Pride and Prejudice.

I'm surprised you didn't know what a spleen was. Whenever characters in fiction get hit, they often say something along the lines of "Ow, my spleen!"

I don't think I've ever heard someone say "Ow, my spleen". Generally people say "Ow, my chest" or "Ow, my stomach"

It's like hearing someone say "Sit on my thighs, little kid"

I have heard of the book but never read it nor cared to read it, thus I had no clue this was a quote from anywhere. I just took it as it was written and well I do think it's quite rude to presume that just because a title is "famous", it's practically a sin for somebody to not know it or not have read it. Not every country's schools or whatnot concern their students with the same titles either

I never heard about the book either, no shame in that, the spleen i know was the latter as an organ that is situated at the left upper quadrant of your abdomen functioning as one of the immune system and clearing out the old blood cells, as i major in health science related major(it would be damned if i dont know this), but this is off topic, that doesnt bother me much as field effect manual guided me through the field effect without knowing actual meaning of that 'spleen', no worries~

• 8 months later...

"Adieu to disappointment and spleen. What are men to rocks and mountains?" -Pride and Prejudice
it's the flavor text for mountain field effects! you just need to know the rest of the quote to get it ;3
this is the first time i ever heard the word 'spleen' and it was in a kid's cartoon so i mean the exposure to terminology of entrails is out there
fairly odd parents was so educational! hahhah,ha,h,,,,