I failed

fireheart4560

During my intense mode run due to not being prepared for Zetta....

I barely beat him. My ralts had 1 hp left. The game expected me to fight dark gyarados without healing me? I wasn't even able to scratch it...

So I wasn't able to beat it :/ Thankfully it's not required.

• Global Mods

The reason you're not healed after Zetta probably is because of not needing to beat DR Gyarados.

OTOH, it's a bit weird that you're not healed in between battling Melia and the first Xen grunt. I needed to use potions before battle in order to beat him.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

The reason you're not healed after Zetta probably is because of not needing to beat DR Gyarados.

OTOH, it's a bit weird that you're not healed in between battling Melia and the first Xen grunt. I needed to use potions in order to beat him.

I think walking around with Melia wasnt enough, you have to actually talk to Melia behind you to initiate the healing(or i am wrong?)

• Global Mods

I think walking around with Melia wasnt enough, you have to actually talk to Melia behind you to initiate the healing(or i am wrong?)

You're not wrong, you do need to talk to her. You just don't get healed before the first grunt under any circumstances period. The first grunt being the one who asks what she had for breakfast after she threw another grunt.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

what happens if you beat the gyarados?

im not sure myself, but perhaps it doesn't trigger the battle when you visit the forest the second time. cause i managed to beat the (D) Gyarados the first time and after Narcy's gym i went to the forest again, but no Gyara in the lake.

again i'm not quite sure myself so please correct me if i'm wrong!

im not sure myself, but perhaps it doesn't trigger the battle when you visit the forest the second time. cause i managed to beat the (D) Gyarados the first time and after Narcy's gym i went to the forest again, but no Gyara in the lake.

Confirmed. I tried even before the gym because it's that time when it happends.

No gyarados in the goldenleaf town time.

Also confirmed. I've also noticed that the girl that is standing where Zetta was says 'What's that in the center?' (or something along those lines) - referring to the Dimensional Hole. The dialogue makes sense if the Gyarados isn't defeated initially - but if Gyara isn't in the lake, it doesn't since there is nothing there.