Favorite aspect of Rejuvenation

fireheart4560

The story is awesome, the gyms are really hard but give you a sense of reward when you overcome them.

Yet my favorite aspect of the game is the help center :x

It just reminds me of Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door and I LOVE that game.

Plus the side quests are pretty fun.

YES--i was waiting for someone to make this thread

the protagonist.

they actually play a vital role in the plot, as opposed to Reborn's player character just standing there watching things unfold. (no, no, that's not to say i don't like Reborn. ;; i understand why it had to be done. kinda. )

the player character in Rejuv is supposedly the "hope" in the prophecy or some shit, so it kinda makes yourself feel important. they even react. like when Madelis mentioned our mother, an exclamation point appeared and the player takes a step forward, seemingly wanting to know more, or punch that face because that's what i wanted to do. speaking of punching faces, our character ALSO inflicted one to Anastasia. i also like the little detail on how the protag locked themselves up inside their room after the incident on BlackSteeple.

basically, what i'm saying, is that just because our character rarely never speaks, doesn't mean they can't have a personality. it seems like a lot of games lack this, player characters with personality i mean. i don't mind the silent protagonists though, there're meant to have yourself insert dialogue for them, just that sometimes i feel like i'm a piece of cardboard standing there waiting for the next eventual Pokemon Battle.

YES--i was waiting for someone to make this thread

the protagonist.

they actually play a vital role in the plot, as opposed to Reborn's player character just standing there watching things unfold. (no, no, that's not to say i don't like Reborn. ;; i understand why it had to be done. kinda. )

the player character in Rejuv is supposedly the "hope" in the prophecy or some shit, so it kinda makes yourself feel important. they even react. like when Madelis mentioned our mother, an exclamation point appeared and the player takes a step forward, seemingly wanting to know more, or punch that face because that's what i wanted to do. speaking of punching faces, our character ALSO inflicted one to Anastasia. i also like the little detail on how the protag locked themselves up inside their room after the incident on BlackSteeple.

basically, what i'm saying, is that just because our character rarely never speaks, doesn't mean they can't have a personality. it seems like a lot of games lack this, player characters with personality i mean. i don't mind the silent protagonists though, there're meant to have yourself insert dialogue for them, just that sometimes i feel like i'm a piece of cardboard standing there waiting for the next eventual Pokemon Battle.

I dont mind silent protagonists as long as the characters around them are awesome. Reborn is a good example of this.

Yep yep, the help center is OP. Not only they feel like actual sidequests (Because that's what they are >.>), but I guess I finally feel that I'm helping around the Pokémon world.

And REWARDS \o/

iktf, but too bad that's exactly the point of a silent protagonist anyway.

Snakewood had a talking protagonist xD

Yep yep, the help center is OP. Not only they feel like actual sidequests (Because that's what they are >.>), but I guess I finally feel that Im'h elping around the Pokémon world.

And REWARDS \o/

iktf, but too bad that's exactly the point of a silent protagonist anyway.

Snakewood had a talking protagonist xD

RPGS are literally power hungry in game design. Leveling up is awesome because you get stronger and it's a reward for playing. Gives enemies a reason to be fought.

Side quests fall under this too.

I just want to be unstoppable you know?

So far, I'd have to agree with Sand Witch. The help center is easily one of my favourite things about Rejuvenation.

They're not difficult to find(which is good for me because I'm not quite as thorough as I should be when looking around towns), give good rewards, and a lot of interesting things happen during the requests, in spite of the mundane sounding nature of the help center.

Edited by aquawaffle

Agreed, some of the sidequests are comedic relief too, like the one with timburr and conkeldurr strike~Another aspect i like is shadow pokemon, the process of opening heart gauge is like slowly building a trust and bond with abused mons, in return, you are rewarded with special moves which are not normally attainable in that particular species, a remisnicence of Colosseum series~

Edited by TimTim

I like the breeder mechanic because, please tell me Im not the only one, even tough people always say that they have to use common candies a lot, I find myself always underleveled, on both Reborn and Rejuvenation, so I like the way this mechanic helps me with this a lot and its reflected on my progress on both games like:

Reborn:2nd gym leader beaten, and just by chance I hated that cradily so much...

Rejuvenation: just beaten The ice type gym

So yeah..

Thats why I try not to have a full team by then. I usually have a full team or a team with temp' pokemon by gym 10 in reborn and in Rejuvination I'm still wishy washy on my team.

If you thought that fuckin' Cradily is bad now, you should have seen how bad it was before.