Ymora Academy [OOC / Sign-Ups Closed]

Chim

Don't worry... they keep coming over and I'll literally light them on fire... because this is getting too stupidly out of hand already... ((seriously... don't anybody else add to this scene... go do something else. Too much shit is happening in it already and the main thing that's not resolved involves somebody who's not on at the moment... so it's just going to get worse. Really, make some other scenes happen please...))

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....Yeah..I kinda acted because of the following:

- The PCs have to meet __somehow__ - that's just unavoidable. Any time you have someone just trip and fall in the middle of the crowded scene where everyone is, that's a part of the scene and you are either going to have everyone acknowledge it - or no one acknowledge it.

- The initiative thread did influence my getting involved with the scene.

I don't see how getting all of the PCs involved is that much of a train wreck. Eventually Adeline will have to get off the ground and we all have rooms to go attend to and our own ways. I'll agree with Murdoc here and I'll defend this result. Everyone got out of their shells, and now the PCs are aware of each others existence. There's no foul here. The resolve will come when Adeline stands up.

I mean... I don't mind it but people can't be going up to Adeline and talking to her or trying to interact with her or Emberly since Emberly is trying to help her up and while that's happening we can't have 8 other people asking because it makes no sense and you wouldn't walk up and say hello to someone that somebody is in the middle of helping off the ground ((maybe after she actually got up but we're still in the Emberly is picking her off the ground stage of things.))

I don't mind people coming over and looking or staring at the scene happening. ((after all irl we all know everyone would come over to see what was happening lol. People just have that morbid curiosity.)), just don't directly engage right now, it makes no sense to directly talk to either of them at the moment really. You can put yourself in the scene but interact with the others around it, you don't just got to talk to Adeline lol. Interact with the other characters hovering lol, after all the crowd would talk to the rest of the crowd after all lol.

• Support Squad

....Yeah..I kinda acted because of the following:

- The PCs have to meet __somehow__ - that's just unavoidable. Any time you have someone just trip and fall in the middle of the crowded scene where everyone is, that's a part of the scene and you are either going to have everyone acknowledge it - or no one acknowledge it.

- The initiative thread did influence my getting involved with the scene.

I don't see how getting all of the PCs involved is that much of a train wreck. Eventually Adeline will have to get off the ground and we all have rooms to go attend to and our own ways. I'll agree with Murdoc here and I'll defend this result. Everyone got out of their shells, and now the PCs are aware of each others existence. There's no foul here. The resolve will come when Adeline stands up.

It's just that if you have a LOT of people crowded in one place, all focusing on one small, specific event like this, it can get a little confusing and jumbled. That's all.

It's just that if you have a LOT of people crowded in one place, all focusing on one small, specific event like this, it can get a little confusing and jumbled. That's all.

Not to mention the person that's not on at the moment has to respond to like... 8 million things as they slowly get piled on top of their character... which starts to make less and less sense as the moment gets weirdly suspended in time. Events happening around while that's happening though can take place while that's happening and don't make it get to strange. It getting gung ho and piling ever single action on a singular or two character that gets out of hand.

TO involve yourself in a scene you don't have to DIRECTLY ((for emphasis not yelling.)) into it and interact with those characters. You can interact with others around the scene and still be a part of it. Remember, a scene is made up of more than just the direct event taking place the scene is everything else around it as well.

I agree with Hukuna on this one. It's perfectly fine for people to get involved with other bystanders to create more interaction. If everyone focused on the one or two characters in the spotlight, it would just pile up for those players, while there are multiple other characters available.

Also it's perfectly fine to go explore the rest of the domain. I gathered everyone so PCs could meet each other, but I didn't say anything about staying at the same place.

Great way to ninja me...

And a quick overview in case something is not clear:

Males

• Claude (Dobby) and Wolt (EXLink) → Room 029

• Kage (Murdoc) and James (Azery) → Room 016

• Robert (Turbo) and Aliah (Chalice) → Room 040

• Arthur (Author) and Simon (Bagel) → Room 025

• Jonathan (K_H) and Lucas (Cyaloom) → Room 041

• ??? and Matt (NPC) → (RoG) room 117 (they will be introduced later)

Females

• Emberley (Hukuna) and Adeline (Tacos) → Room 018

• Citrine (Commander) and Mie (Hiss) → Room 035

• Mayanna (Stratos) and Helene (Hilda) → Room 002

• Samantha (NPC) → Room 123 (won't be sharing a room with PCs, she will be introduced soon)

Chim why do you keep putting an e before the y? It's spelled Emberly lol. I swear... my character's names get misspelled all the time XD

I have no idea. I think I saw it spelled with -ey somewhere and was like 'oh like that' and ever since I've been using it. Or I read it wrong the first time is also a possibility.

Same thing with Citrine / Luna. I keep forgetting her real name since I'm used to Citrine.

I have no idea. I think I saw it spelled with -ey somewhere and was like 'oh like that' and ever since I've been using it. Or I read it wrong the first time is also a possibility.

Same thing with Citrine / Luna. I keep forgetting her real name since I'm used to Citrine.

It's okay Chim, I keep getting them mixed up to. Early on, I kept calling her Luna because it's a force of habit. But yeah, Citrine is pretty much what everyone calls her as she doesn't like to be called Luna and it will make her go off on you.

Oy vey, I took some cough medicine and went to take a nap, and apparently there was a mess over my character's fall. So, I only need to respond in regards to Helene, Drake, and Doux, correct? Or did I miss something else as well.

Mayanna's the one with the Spinda right?

This is going to be a long year. :D

Eh...

He'll have it worked out of his system... eventually...maybe...

though the threat of no freedom gets the job done too. XD

Can't evolve him, can't even mega evolve him... has no form changes or anything, but I still gotta do some type of evolution and personal maturation for him at some point... it just can't be literal. XD

EDIT: I must admit... quite ironic though... same country, same city even... and the difference in personalities. this shall be interesting... though that's probably the exact reason Chim did it.

Hey, just want to pop in here and say that i have an idea for how to differentiate our Pokemon's Conversations from our Trainer's Conversations. My idea is to put the Pokemon's conversations in square brackets that are contained within the quotation marks. It would end up looking something like this:

"[insert dialogue here]"

Additionally, color can be used to further differentiate Pokemon Conversations from Human Conversations if so desired.