New Zygarde and Greninja forms!

ScuzBrains

I don't think it's the Floette because it says the phenomenon happened several hundred years ago, AZ and his Floette happened 3k years ago I: and yes, the floette was looking like that already. I'm not liking this concept in general at all... it just keeps bringing more bullpoop into the anime/games that serves as a bad excuse to introduce power-ups. Next thing pikachu will be mega-evolving despite not being a final form cuz amgbonds with ash. That said, it's funny atm that greninja is apparently implied to have a better bond with ash than ash does with pikachu, with that ash frog and stuff

I agree. The first time I saw that the Greninja changed its appearance due to its bonding with Ash, I thought 'Uh.. then what about that electric rodent who has been with Ash since like the very beginning?'

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i said it once but i'll say it again,

Greninja is basically another Charizard. you got him in Sm4sh, this new form but what about Delphox and Chesnaught?

of course, this is not enough to achieve Charizard's level of overrated-ness.

...i dont understand why im this salty. the spicy memes package didnt come with grains of salt tf

I'm probably in the minority of people who'd prefer Z to a B2W2-esque sequel, and that's kind of why. XY felt sort of empty for me. So did RS and DP, and Emerald and Platinum fixed that a lot. BW, unlike most regions, didn't really feel like there was something missing in terms of story/legendary lore/postgame, at least not to me.

For XY, there are a few areas never visited, like the other power plant rooms and Couriway's train. It felt like they just stuffed Team Flare in towards the end, instead of spreading out the encounters. There were a few early, but after the 6th gym it felt bloated with how many boss battles there were in that one section of the game. It had the same "rough draft" feel as RS and DP.

But if Z is just the same as X/Y in terms of story with some new additions (Like platinum's distortion world)

Or even MORE new story,

it'll still just be a better version of X/Y (Maybe the game that should have come out in the first place?)

Surely, by adding a sequel, you can expand on this empty world with an entirely new story instead of just trying to fix parts of the old, disappointing one, right?

One other thing that I don't think anyone has pointed out yet,

Isn't it weird that they brought out a remake of 3rd Gen in between X/Y and Z (If we can assume that it will be Z)?

That's like HG/SS coming out after DP but before Platinum..

That just seems kind of ridiculous to me.

I don't know why.

Maybe I'm wrong.

• Global Mods

But if Z is just the same as X/Y in terms of story with some new additions (Like platinum's distortion world)

Or even MORE new story,

it'll still just be a better version of X/Y (Maybe the game that should have come out in the first place?)

Surely, by adding a sequel, you can expand on this empty world with an entirely new story instead of just trying to fix parts of the old, disappointing one, right?

One other thing that I don't think anyone has pointed out yet,

Isn't it weird that they brought out a remake of 3rd Gen in between X/Y and Z (If we can assume that it will be Z)?

That's like HG/SS coming out after DP but before Platinum..

That just seems kind of ridiculous to me.

I don't know why.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Well, I actually didn't like most of XY's story. I didn't like how Xerneas/Yveltal only appeared captured in the lab, with not much presence built beforehand and not getting to see them in their natural habitat. I didn't like how there was no Champion bonding time (for the first time in the series). I didn't like how blatant and boring Lysandre was, or having to battle him 3 times within 20 minutes. But, I didn't like DP's story either, but Platinum added a MAJOR WOW FACTOR with the Distortion World and fixing of the Pokedex and some trainer teams. Plus like I mentioned it just has that "rough draft" feel to me.

FRLG came out after Ruby and Sapphire, but before Emerald.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

Well, I actually didn't like most of XY's story. I didn't like how Xerneas/Yveltal only appeared captured in the lab, with not much presence built beforehand and not getting to see them in their natural habitat. I didn't like how there was no Champion bonding time (for the first time in the series). I didn't like how blatant and boring Lysandre was, or having to battle him 3 times within 20 minutes. But, I didn't like DP's story either, but Platinum added a MAJOR WOW FACTOR with the Distortion World and fixing of the Pokedex and some trainer teams. Plus like I mentioned it just has that "rough draft" feel to me.

FRLG came out after Ruby and Sapphire, but before Emerald.

I was wondering about FRLG, I always forget about them because I started the games in Gen 4 x_x

The problem with bringing out a Plat, emerald, crystal type game,

in my opinion,

It's just that I don't see myself buying an improved version of the same game, unless I REALLY liked the first one, that's why I bought Platinum.

I also got W2 because it was a sequel and I had heard good things about it :(

TBH, I hope it will be good,

I just don't want to get my hopes up for nothing 0_0

(Like I did with X)

Regarding the fact ORAS came right after XY, the gamefreak people mentioned in an interview that the reason for that is that they don't want the fans to be able to predict what's coming next and that they always wanna keep them guessing. Aka they deliberately try to break their usual pattern and try to surprise their fandom

Also, there is a screenshot floating around of greninja's eyes glowing red and it just mimicking ash's hand movements..lol like a frog in a trance . I believe thats supposed to be its transition to ashfrog (and that further makes me think its just some anime or movie-only gimmick) ..I hope so anyway, it's bullpoop to begin with

i cant wait to see what they'll do with this. hopefully they will make a pokemon game for alot of platforms( pc maybe? ) one can only hope..either way let us hope this will be a good game

58156.png

Edited by NiroSakuraba

i cant wait to see what they'll do with this. hopefully they will make a pokemon game for alot of platforms( pc maybe? ) one can only hope..either way let us hope this will be a good game

58156.png

I think Nintendo said Pokemon's gonna stay a mostly handheld franchise for a while, if a PC game other then the TCG online thing came out, I don't think it'd be main series, though maybe a spinoff with some multiplayer support about different kinds of trainers similar to the Ranger games? Speaking of Pokemon Rangers, I hope there's a new one coming sooner or later, those were wicked fun.

And yet I see it being written around as if it was 400% confirmed o_o

Y ep, unfortunately the Pokemon community is one of those ones where speculation is often just kind of accepted as fact, then when Game Freak says something that doesn't correlate everyone gets ready to start a mob. It happened a lot when the Kalos starters were revealed, people passed around speculation of their evolutions, then got all pissy when the official ones weren't that. We also got it with the Unova starters, lest we forget:

8zjoky.png

I remember when everyone thought Alomomola evolved from Luvdisc. It's too bad that didn't actually turn out to be true.

Yeah, I was really hoping that would be the case bc it would make a kind of lame Pokemon a bit less so, but now we just have 2

• Global Mods

I like alomola? It's not so bad in doubles and is pretty I think. Though yeah it should've evovled from Luvdisc, but then again Butterfree should evolve from Venonat and Venomoth from metapod, Until that is rectified we don't get to complain.

IIRC that was actually the original plan. Not sure why they changed it around.