Easiest Gym?

C-K

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personnaly, I found Shelly to be really hard.

My team were mostly special attackers and the struggle bug spam was really annoying. Also, I had no pokemon with Flame Burst, so that played a major role.

Even with that, (Growlight up to level 28 for Flame Burst), her Anorith really annoyed me, with surprisingly high speed and high attack rock slide. Also with Aqua Jet against my Golem ><

Easiest for me was Serra. I had a Delphox, but the most useful was Magneton with Flash Cannon. Never missing, always super effective. Beat her on the first try. Same for Julia and Florinia, beaten on the first try, but Serra was really easy.

Kiki was fairly easy, only thing that made me restart 2-3 times was that Medicham that dealt more damage that I thought (Damn you Pure Power), one shotting my Delphox with Strenght after one Meditation.

Noel because an Arcanine with Heat Wave and Flare Blitz + Grassy Terrain + (unplanned) sunny weather = total annihilation

I've said it before (perhaps even on this tread), but reasons like this is why Noel is by far the easiest Gym Leader. He's far too easy to cheese with Fire types, and his field effect barely does him any good. In fact, he'd be better off without it entirely. While I believe Ame stated that Noel won't be getting a new field effect, I think it'd be cool if Noel's battle has forced rain, similar to how the weather effect turns to rain before the orphanage raid. This way he wouldn't effectively gain another weakness, and his team would benefit from this without drastically changing it.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Noel is fairly difficult without the field thing though(why is it always assumed people can burn or sludge the field?), and there's always the chance you do end up with rain so honestly I'm not complaining. I actually like his field being able to be used against him since it's a major weakness of the normal type in Reborn generally and this battle sort of teaches you that, Ame evens mentions this being key to beating him.

And he does utilize it offensively via hidden power against steel types.