A question, A Rant, and a Reach out for help. Women, and the reality behind it all.

KingRyan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that Doj's generalization has turned me into a commie, I need to ask him for some direction, given that I am not used to the role:

1) Am I allowed to cook russian kids, or is it mandatory to eat them raw?

2) Is there a quota of churces I need to set on fire per week?

3) Is it mandatory to share all of my belongings with striking workers? And do they have to wear greasy white singlets, orange pants and carry a wrench everywhere in order to qualify as workers?

4) Do I have to start smoking weed and carrying a peace flag everywhere I go?

5) Do I have to buy one of those old Volkswagen mini-vans? And do I have to paint it in rainbow colors?

6) Is it mandatory to practice free love? Because I definitely hope it is.

Oh and one last thing before I forget: if respect and equality are the ideology of the left, what's the ideology of the right?

Do guys think differently to girls?

Counter question, do guys think like guys and do girls think like girls? I dunno, I can't read minds

Guys think like people and girls happen to also think like people.

That is the only similarity in thoughts that should tie any given individual's mind to another.

(I'm not answering your question necessarily, I figured it was rhetorical but I just wanted to make a point in extension, thus why I quoted it)

Everyone. SHUT IT.

As a conservative, I would very much like to fill you in on the satirical intricacies of the right - but this is not the thread for it. In fact - we may need to start being wary of a impending /endthread should further unrelated discourse continue.

• Support Squad

Guys think like people and girls happen to also think like people.

That is the only similarity in thoughts that should tie any given individual's mind to another.

(I'm not answering your question necessarily, I figured it was rhetorical but I just wanted to make a point in extension, thus why I quoted it)

How do you know what people think?

Everyone. SHUT IT.

As a conservative, I would very much like to fill you in on the satirical intricacies of the right - but this is not the thread for it. In fact - we may need to start being wary of a impending /endthread should further unrelated discourse continue.

But but but... I just wanted to practice free love in a rainbow-colored Volkswagen mini-van ;-;

You don't? I am pretty sure that was the whole point...

Also hey multiquote works now, I wonder what happened earlier...

Take the multiple studies over decades that stretch into today. I won't argue the "mental" side of the spectrum, but not everything is truly "mind-over-matter." Studies show that men generally have faster reaction times than women do. (remember, this is based on decades worth of studies.) - and it doesn't take long to notice that men and women are built differently. That doesn't make the genders unequal and it doesn't mean one gender can't do what the other cant vise versa, and even all inclusive - but there is no myth that biologically - men and women are different and as such different attributes trend greater or less than the other gender accordingly.

I was talking about the roles society attributes to each gender. Are you implying that the biological, genetic differences justify the contemporary gender differences in roles? Which ones, then?

You'll have to forgive my interjection into your regularly scheduled programming, but as a complementarian myself, I don't think gender roles are as large of a looming issue so much as personal gratification is in that scenario.

The male seeks his own personal pleasure in athletics and alcohol. As a woman I happen to enjoy athletics and alcohol. People don't watch sports and drink because it's a "boys or girls only" social club. They do it because it's personally gratifying.

I don't see where's the contradiction? The fact that it's satisfying for a lot of people doesn't mean that it isn't promoted by the society's culture.

They do it because it's personally gratifying. Women and shopping? That's just a stereotypical hobby.

There are men who also enjoy going to the mall. None of those things in that scenario have anything to do with roles so much as they are largely stereotypical attributes. Stereotypes are in most cases offensive - and an often determined personal choice to uphold or abolish. Not merely gender conformity.

If they are mere stereotypes, and not statistical trends, companies are doing something terribly wrong with their advertising. Or I have missed several years of TV where men's cosmetics and clothing commercials boomed to the point of jumping out of it and obnoxiously sinking in the soup.

Edit:

Everyone. SHUT IT.

Hadn't read this when I started the post. But maybe you should check again who started the off-topic.

Edited by Kiroen

Hadn't read this when I started the post. But maybe you should check again who started the off-topic.

*Waves* That would be me

Sorry for that BTW, I have tendency to flip flop between all different subjects within the space of a single discussion

I was talking about the roles society attributes to each gender. Are you implying that the biological, genetic differences justify the contemporary gender differences in roles? Which ones, then?

I don't see where's the contradiction? The fact that it's satisfying for a lot of people doesn't mean that it isn't promoted by the society's culture.

If they are mere stereotypes, and not statistical trends, companies are doing something terribly wrong with their advertising. Or I have missed several years of TV where men's cosmetics and clothing commercials boomed to the point of jumping out of it and obnoxiously sinking in the soup.

Edit:

1. Mothers, as they hold the ability to lactate and give birth, are much more suited for motherhood than a male would be due to lacking those two functions. Faster reaction times and bigger frames indicate that men are better served for combat - even in instances involving weapons.

2. I'd argue that society is actually focusing on empowering women today - this may be a cultural gap we're experiencing - but soceity has become the most egalitarian it has ever been. Professional women's athletics is steadily increasing the payrolls of it's athletes. Women are being entitled to equal pay and the right to end an unwanted life for the sake of their bodies. Women are running for the highest offices in the land. My country's most successful national athletic team is it's Women's soccer team. - I wasn't advocating a contradiction here - I was alluding to your connection to men and women's interest being imposed by gender roles in the traditional hetero couple as being non-existent and instead advocating that men and women are interested in those things as a part of their own personal interest. Meaning - gender roles have nothing to do with liking athletics or shopping as opposed to the individuals specific tastes.

3. Stereotypes SELL. Another stereotype of males is that they will buy things off of sexual desire - Sex Sells. Popeye's Chicken knows that if they can put a black person on television and have her speak in Ebonics that their commercials will attract black people. - On top of this - You may not even watch enough television - as things like they Olympics and Women's World Cup and Women's athletics in general ARE broadcasted without completely pandering to men like the Lingerie Football League does. I'd argue that statistics show upholding stereotypes is something the groups involved will support from their own these days. See: Black Entertainment Television, Sports' Illustrated's "Body Edition" (which is essentially nudes of the most popular athletes out there - male AND female.), E!, etc. Just because stereotypes are being upheld doesn't mean there's a conforming to gender roles taking place behind the controls.

4. That post came after yours anyway.

Heh. I like how Tomas said there hasn't been a flame war and Hilda kinda started a one-sided flame war. It shoulda been a pretty open and shut case to explain to the guy, because after love and finding girlfriends, we started talking gender roles and stereotypes which weren't really a part of the original simple question.

Aaaaannnnnnddddd after we start moving off topic.....

EDIT: Sorry for the original guy who posted this. Anything usually sensitive and highly debateable tends to get that edgy attention. Sorry if we took your prompt out of proportion.

Edited by Darvan Korematsu

I like what Darvan is saying. We are beginning to get into the stereotypes and the sided ness (which i don't even fully understand, care about, or would like to be explained here) of what this conversation could present as it gets derailed into a type of flaming pile of death and destruction, when rather i began this threat out of a curiosity and hope to fulfill a certain knowledge that i could not ascertain myself. Thank you very very much to all who have posted and helped me understand how this works better. Being alone with 2 old people, an angry wall of meat that somehow is related to me, and the voices in your head doesn't exactly do wonder for understanding the ways of the world. Thanks to all of you, i think i might just have a bit more of an advantage. I can still play the smooth cool friendly interesting guy, while knowing how to better talk to and approach girls....how many girls like quidditch is now the question, My new uni has a qudditch team. No lie.

Now that Doj's generalization has turned me into a commie

I'm talking about Liberalism, not Communism

Considering the fact that 99% of the stuff you say to me is literally just you trying to aggravate me I hardly find my assumption unfounded

>muh trolling

Oh look

4. That post came after yours anyway.

Understand that I'm going to be legitimately pissed off If you accuse me of being the one who started the off-topic, when everything I said in my first post was directly meant to answer OPs questions, while your very next one's only purpose is to discuss the off-topic. SPECIALLY If you proceed to give a warning for following your example, even before that I had the opportunity to reply; ONLY to keep discussing the off-topic after you have called it to an end, and finishing it with a "You started first".

I don't know what specific people think x.x (actually I'm telepathic)

I was saying that people think like people (because they are people)

and both genders are people,

So one gender of people will think like people,

While the other gender of people think like people.

and non-binary people think like people too.

Because we're all people.

people people people.

Does that answer your question? ^^

I'm going to close this topic before we go even more off-topic by arguing over who began the derailing, or just remaining off-topic in general. KingRyan, let me know if you'd like to me to open the thread again. If so, I'd like to remind everyone that off-topic posting is a warnable offense and anyone posting off thread if this topic is re-opened will be warned accordingly.