Pokemon Revolution

Yes please put everything according to the format I put above, it makes it so much easier for me because I will just be copying and pasting from this thread straight to the doc. I need Drymus, Nepeta, Joost, PBX5, Micky, Timbla, especially to do this because you are missing a lot of information especially the quotes.

BUT Milotic all I need from you is the player losing and when Ezel loses quote. You did a really good job on your application so much appreciated and thanks. :D

In the doc, I put "... NO MY KINGDOM!" as the losing quote based on your last pokemon quote of THE GREAT KINGDOM of EZEL SHALL NOT FALL! but please let me know what you want for it. :D

Personality doesn't necessarily mean the answers to the 10 interview questions by the way. It can just be a summary but as an example Joost put: friendly and something else I don't remember is not a detailed enough personality. Should be at least 3 lines worth if possible. Thanks.

Have a great day/night. :D

Edited by pbood2

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually PBX5 and any others planning to edit their application post, would you mind posting in a new post just the format I did with the answers. That way it's easy for me to copy and paste into the document accordingly. If you do this, I would greatly appreciate it. :D

PBX5 all I need from you is the quotes and if you want to put more personality and background you can but you do have some in the document already at least so that's good. :D

Thanks for being a part of Revolution and have a great day.

So for those of you not on the google docs, shit has been going down there. Like literally, it goes in all sorts of directions. However, I kind of wanted to bring a little annoucement. We're kind of in need of spriters due to a certain idea being passed.

Here's an example that I've been working on yesterday. It's half finished, but I know you all love hot chics so...

So for those of you not on the google docs, shit has been going down there. Like literally, it goes in all sorts of directions. However, I kind of wanted to bring a little annoucement. We're kind of in need of spriters due to a certain idea being passed.

Here's an example that I've been working on yesterday. It's half finished, but I know you all love hot chics so...

Holy Torchic that looks awesome!

And that thing that was posted today:

Full Name: Incendia Roh

Detailed Personality of your Gym Leader:

Incendia's main motivation in life is to seek out entertainment, and can become unpredictable at times. She loves observing conflict, and will stir the pot if she can stay out of trouble, but tries to avoid getting caught up in it if she can help it. As such, she observes the battles occurring in game, and may sabotage either side, but her alignment is neutral at the start of the game. You guys can shift her alignment to your liking as the game goes on, if you can find a place for her outside of her gym. She doesn't seem to take anything seriously, and will often skip the time she is scheduled to be in her gym to avoid battling weak trainers. She would never kill anyone, but she would cause immense property damage if she thought she would get a kick out of it, or if she was mad at the owner. She keeps a collection of cannons in her gym. The town she lives in has covered the wall outside the door of her gym with mattresses so that those she finds boring(someone who gets curbstomped by her team) or annoying (Fern-type character).

Background: I'm bad at these, so it would probably be better if someone else did it...

QUOTES (I'm perfectly fine with these being edited if you guys feel things need to be changed):

Intro to Leader Battle:

So... You're here to snag my badge? How many ya got so far? Just six?!? WHY DO ONLY WEAK PEOPLE COME HERE?!?!? THIS IS WHY I ALWAYS SKIP OUT! NO ONE WHO COMES QUALIFIES FOR A BATTLE AGAINST MY ACTUAL TEAM, DAMMIT!!! Ahem. Sorry 'bout that. It's just that low-key battles with people like you are always boring. So yeah. Come back with more badges, 'kay? No? Ugh. FIIIIINE. Let's get this over with.

Player losing to Leader:

Sheesh. What a disappointment. Come back when you've got a team that can actually entertain me.

Last Pokémon:

Ha! You're more interesting than I thought you'd be!

Leader loses:

Not too shabby... For someone with only six badges, of course. You'll be fun to play with once you get a bit more experience, but for now, just take this badge and buzz off before I get bored.

After Battle:

Well, that was actually somewhat enjoyable. Here, catch. It's the Blitz Badge. And take this TM, too. Now run along. Don't show up again until you have the firepower to face me in a real battle.

-Speaking to her in the gym afterwards:

What do you want? You have the badge, go away. Come back after you finish the league. Then we can have some fun.

Edited by Drymus

My App (Just in-case)

Appearance: I wouldnt mind him looking similar to the protaganist from Pokemon Conquest or Juan from the original pokemon games, just to make things easier, but I wanna go White Hair and maybe add a crown lol. Also a black/white Coat would be cool.

Background Info: He is now the Lord of his land(Whatever you end up choosing) now that his father has passed. He controls a pretty huge task force that force his views on the people. While Ezel may seem evil, he is actually pretty considerate to his people, which is why there has been no rebellion.... yet.

Personality: Acts like a King, and is very arrogant. He won't interact with anyone whom doesn't prove themselves worthy and will not accept challenges from anyone with less than ? badges. He does love pokemon, but only his. He believes his pokemon were choosen, while the other pokemon are just pitiful. His pokemon have also acquired his personality.

His goal is to achieve the ultimate normal type (Arceus) through any means. When he was young he was told stories of his great great great Grandfather once wielding the power of a God named Arceus and that's how their family got into power (also explaining why Ezel specializes in the normal type). Its up to you if you want to actually include this though, maybe this would be a means to join the evil team or something.

Quotes:

Before challenging Ezel: How many badges do you have?

Before battle: You are one of the few people I allow to challenge me which means you are worthy, but let me remind you this is a one time thing, if you lose you may not challenge me again. My kingdom, people, and pokemon only function by my power. Now let me show it to you. (of course if you lose, you will respawn at the pokemon center and will be able to challenge him again lol)

Last Pokemon: The great Kingdom of Ezel SHALL NOT FALL!

Defeated: ..... This outcome was not expected. I applaud you (gives tm/badge). But I should tell you, I only use about 50% of my power when I accept gym battles, so do not even think for a second that you've bested me. Now begone I have great matters to attend to, and pray that we never meet again in the future.

The Questionnaire (Just in-case)

1. Is there anything your character likes to do outside of battling?

Leading my Kingdom

2. A trainer comes to challenge your gym with only a lv 1 Rattata. What do you do?

Decline the challenge, you must have a certain number of badges before challenging my gym and I must deem you worthy.

3. The same trainer challenges you and is beaten with ease. He seems kind of bummed out. How do you react?

"You only get one chance, begone."

4. A different trainer challenges you and he completely sweeps you with ease. After recieving a badge, he yells, "Wow, what a scrub. Glad the other gym leaders aren't as pathetic as you." How do you react?

"Don't think that you have bested me for even a second, I only used about half my power to fight you. You would tremble in fear if you saw what I was truly capable of."

5. What is your favorite season/climate?

"Any climate is fine, as long as it does not get in the way of my plans"

6. Is there any type of music that's your favorite? (ie Rock, Rap, Metal)

"Classical music puts my mind at ease."

7. What does strength mean to you?

"Having the power to do whatever you please."

8. There's a terrorist attack in your city. They have hostages trapped in a building and ask to give into their demand. What do you do?

"No one shall demand anything from me and no one shall harm the people of my land. I'll devise a plan and crush them with my forces. My Kingdom is not so weak to succumb to terrroists."

9. Is there any love interest in your life?

"My only interest is achieving Arceus."

10. Would you care for a battle right now?

"After you've met my requirements."

Alright pbood now for the specific information you asked for.

Player Losing: "hmph, I usually only allow one chance, but I enjoyed crushing you. Return if your ready to receive my judgement again." (little Arceus ref lol)

As for Ezel losing "NO MY KINGDOM!" I think works fine. Also, once you guys get along with the story a bit more, could you let me know if Ezel actually joins BN, it could impact the way I make his team and other small stuff.

I'd really like to help with spriting, but having never done it before i don't know how i can. Anyone would happen to have a link to download the means needed to sprite or a link to a page i can sprite or sth?

Practice makes perfect, my friend. I'm not an artist, but I'm decent enough at spriting that I can draw something up. For episode 1 before I stepped down from writing the storyline, we only needed a handful of trainer sprites which are not too hard to create. Now I can't say what they need as it's possible it changed.

Sorry to double post, but there's been a lot that's been going on. Basically, I'm resuming the role of writer, but most of it will be left in the dark. You see all that stuff that you guys have access to, most of it will be irrelevant when I'm done here. Thankfully, nothing major has been revealed so everyone should still be surprised by the end of this.

But as for roles, there's still quite a few opportunities to get involved in game making should you be interested. I'll just list a few and if you leave a message Jacob or I will get back to you. Here's the ones I know we could use:

Spriters - At this point, we'll take almost anybody. You don't have to have experience but the more the better. If you already are one or are interested, PM me and I'll get you started right away. While Episode 1's planning isn't complete, we've got a general idea what we need.

Peer Reviewer/Writer - Right now, Jacob and I are the only ones with access to the plot. If you are interested in story making, I could let you into this group, however I'm only going to take a look at people who are not part of this project as of right now. If you have quite a bit of writing experience, you can PM me, but be warned I am very picky on who will either replace me or work for me.

Sub-Scenario Writers - Kind of hard to word this, but basically, this is all that filler stuff. Currently, we offered this to 3 of our members so I don't know whether or not we'd need any more. You can PM Jacob or me if interested, though you won't usually be working under either of us if accepted. The topics you will be working on will range from anything from references to event Pokemon.

Programmers - This is Jacob's territory, but we could always use another one of these guys to help out. I'm always thinking of ways to torture challenge the game's capabilities so the more the merrier I suppose. You'd have to PM Jacob for more details onto this.

What we really aren't accepting are Team Creators and new Characters. Ideas are still open, but don't expect anything or everything you suggest to be implemented. I'm a picky person when it comes to this.

Commander you should edit this and say that the sub-plot team is also being your peer reviewers and critiquers. In addition, you and Jacob are the writers so why is that in the list of roles needed?

Other than that, great informative role needed type of post. I hope you and Jacob gets lots of support and people wanting to help out. :D

Have a great night. :D

A mate just advised me of this, but Revolution is second in fan game popularity. We're coming for ya Se7en......

swiggtiy swoogity

we're gonna get dat b00ty

prepare thine anus

Anyways, Wooo! Too bad I can't really help out that much, since I don't have a lot of experience in a lot of things.

I know we can do it. I'm so happy for the Revolution members and community for getting this far and making it to second in popularity but it'll take a while to catch up to Seven but I know we can. WOOHOO! :D

Yes Solar and Trevo it was based on views and replies but mostly views apparently.

Upbeat you're very helpful so don't worry about that. :D Just come to the doc more often and leave suggestions for your character and stuff lol.

The hype is very real. I can understand why you guys chose to reduce the number of people working on the story, it probably had the potential to become a train wreck if left unchecked. Good luck, guys! I'm sure this will be great!

Edited by Drymus

A mate just advised me of this, but Revolution is second in fan game popularity. We're coming for ya Se7en......

Now, now, popularity drives from many different things and views and comments hardly make one game more popular. NGL, I probably know more about Se7en's team cast and what they've done and shown is very impressive for a fan game. 3 of them are fellow RPers and I can tell you that they can come up with a story as good, if not better than anything I can. They've five steps ahead of us, which is why we're probably taking different approaches than they are. You really can't say much until we have something out that people can play. (I suppose the same goes for them as well).

The hype is very real. I can understand why you guys chose to reduce the number of people working on the story, it probably had the potential to become a train wreck if left unchecked. Good luck, guys! I"m sure this will be great!

It kind of has been. That's why I pretty much disbanded the whole writing team to work on other parts of the game. I mean 85% of the time it's me hammering out the ideas and the system in place has many, many issues which are slowly going to be worked out. In about a week from today, I'll have more free time and be able to power through since I kind of removed most of the filters but one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for that announcement most of you already know. I'll cover the first one: there may be some alterations to some characters. Due to how ambiguous some apps are, there are holes I may have to fill or things that straight up won't work for a game. For that reason, I may have to change a few names of the characters due to some conflicts that could happen. Some of you are probably new to character creation, but self-inserts are a big no. If you know you kind of did that, let me know and how you want to change it. I'll give you a couple examples of what is ok and what's not:

Let's suppose that I submitted a character named John. John is based exactly off of me (including the name) and is a kid who is lazy and procrastinates all day, but is also super smart. Let's say, we have to many intelligent people and I kind of wanted to make him look less educated due to his laziness. Said person may see this in the game and it may insult them...causing a war I do not want.

Now let's suppose I myself created a character called Ulltima Commander Spade. The character usually takes the alias of Commander due his power-hungry nature and feels everyone should refer to him as the position. He is a very respectful and understandable person who rarely disobeys orders. Let's suppose the writer had a position where he needed someone to stick out and hated a little bit more so the character gives a bit of arrogance around weak trainers which makes gets a bit cocky to the point he underestimates the player and loses. I probably wouldn't feel as insulted given the character only shares my avatar name and really isn't me at all.

I mean I'll try to be reasonable in my actions, but some things just aren't possible or too difficult to implement. There's also the fact I don't want clone characters or character that'll pretty much just be bland and boring due to the conditions in which some personality alterations would prevent a character from being shoved out of the picture ASAP. So if you know you're kind of in this situation, the you might want to PM me to resolve this otherwise I have to take action. It's not because I want to, it's to cover my ass in case the worst case scenario appears.

---------------------------------------------------

Now for the brighter news, we're finally getting an official team together. I'm not going to give specific what we need or like because I have to confirm who's who right now. We don't have an official spriter...so I'm kind of forced to teach everyone a bit on spriting and pretty much sacrifice most of my time from creating the story ideas and unique features into making sprites to fill that role. So unless we get someone who'll do quite a bit of spriting, story quality is going to take a bit of a dip (since I can't really work on it except maybe once a week at most). And yes, we are pretty much taking people if they're willing to commit (no skills required). One of the benefits is that you get a lot of say in the story on "draft days" as I call them.

There's also the fact I don't want clone characters or character that'll pretty much just be bland and boring due to the conditions in which some personality alterations would prevent a character from being shoved out of the picture ASAP. So if you know you're kind of in this situation, the you might want to PM me to resolve this otherwise I have to take action. It's not because I want to, it's to cover my ass in case the worst case scenario appears.

Mmmm, good point, cloning characters with almost the exact same personality is rather boring all around. Well if anything, I'm okay with any changes in my character Commander, just let me know what changes there are so I won't get rammed up the ass by all the different stuff.