Pokemon Revolution

I don't know how to do much of the spriting, but like what Jacob said, I could try gathering some sprites of generic trainers, and such. That depends on what sprites we need, so I can gather them.

I also have an idea where we can have overworld sprites for all of the Pokemon (The files are in Insurgence, and some are in Reborn and Rejuvenation like some good 6th gen sprites, so gathering those would be easy).

But yeah, what sprites do we need? And also, for maps and such, will the tilesets still be gen 3 based, or changed so it's like Reborn and Rejuvenation's looks?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think based on what I am seeing here, we should go with what`s easy to work with for now and then over time later on make improvements to style of sprites, music being used, etc. That way we can have something decent come together then work on improving it later. Anybody else agree? :D

I also don't think anyone has picked my character name for me and I would greatly appreciate suggestion on which to pick between Dusk or Phoenix for a ghost gym leader turned bad guy if that is still my character (please let it be). Has anything with my character in the story changed especially due to Commander's suggestions for story. ;P Just wondering and thanks.

Is the idea that Snow had regarding friendship between my character and his and then hatred over time due to me joining Ultima been discussed because I really like it. Any ideas for map or region yet?

Edited by pbood2

I have an idea, pbood. why not have Phoenix be your name, and Dusk be your Code Name? Your Code Name reflects on your Ghost-types anyway, and it also has a sinister feel to it, knowing that you're an Admin. Phoenix, however, gives a lighter feel to it, and that would be the real name (Like how Omega's is Leon, but his Admin name is Omega).

I love that idea Trevo so thanks for coming up with it. :D

So Phoenix shall be my gym leader kind self name and Dusk will be the mostly dark side admin. :D I like it a lot.

Jacob or anyone, I don't remember if I came up with my admin team. I feel like I did a while ago but do you need quotes and multiple battle teams, etc Can I still have Giratina (only ghost and dragon that fits the theme of BN) as part of my final battle against the player of the game? If anything is changed and it's important for me to know, please let me know. Much appreciated.

I don't know how to do much of the spriting, but like what Jacob said, I could try gathering some sprites of generic trainers, and such. That depends on what sprites we need, so I can gather them.

I also have an idea where we can have overworld sprites for all of the Pokemon (The files are in Insurgence, and some are in Reborn and Rejuvenation like some good 6th gen sprites, so gathering those would be easy).

But yeah, what sprites do we need? And also, for maps and such, will the tilesets still be gen 3 based, or changed so it's like Reborn and Rejuvenation's looks?

I don't think that re-coloring sprites and tiles should be too hard. Try doing that at some point so that we aren't just using base gen 3 stuff.

As for the protags, leaders, rivals, and BN/TU... We'll need to do more than just re-color stuff.

Edit: Gonna post some atmosphere music in a bit if anyone's interested.

(literally just waiting for someone else to post so I don't get chewed out for double posting)

Edited by SnowGlaceon

Couldn't you just edit it in?

Pffffft. I don't need logic.

Alright. So lets get this party started. This is nothing exciting, just a few atmospheric themes I picked out. I'm not even sure how I found some of these. Honestly...

So let's start off nice and simple, k? I heard this and I immediately thought "Water". So here's what I think would make a decent surf theme.

And just to flesh that out a bit more, I found another watery theme. This one would be more fitting for dive. Really its nothing interesting. Just the same sound effect over and over. How did I find it? I listened to the entire XD:GoD soundtrack (among others)

But wait, there's more! Let's go from water to fire. I heard there was a volcano? Well, here's a remix of a volcano theme. It's not quite as intimidating as you'd think, but it sounds dramatic enough.

As you know, the opposite of fire is ice, so lets go there next. Thanks to Solarance for this one. For all your dangerous, icy area needs!

And Ice is super-effective on...? You guessed it, Earth! Well, this is more of rock, but hey, I'm trying to make this entertaining. The name of this theme is pretty much what it's good for, the mines (or a cave if there are no mines, in that case sorry, Rochelle.)

And let's do one more for now. I'm debating between posting a dark theme or a desert one. Dark would be more interesting, so I'll go with desert, just to keep y'all coming back ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB3D5WJX5lQ&index=15&list=PL3pKpyLCBpjMF3BiW2N2mHaXaK3gdZ3jM

So obviously that isnt all of them. Not even close. I legit have 40+ atmosphere themes picked out already. I didn't put any emotion themes in there this time, or any city themes (except for the last one maybe). I have encounter themes waiting too, and more area themes, and a pile labeled the "Maybe List", which is full of tracks I'm not sure what to do with or where they'd fit.

So what do you think about them?

Edited by SnowGlaceon

Oh, and pbood. I'm not sure if you can still use Giratina, because Giratina's going to be part of the climax of the story (Not sure if you read Commander's posts about some ideas for the final battle, but if you haven't check them out).

Oh okay Trevo but then does any of the BN admins or you have control over any legendaries that you know of?

I'll definitely check it out because i still need to read through 10+ pages of posts that happened while I was on vacation with family lol.

Just for clarity, commander's posts about ideas for story aren't the end all be all right? We can suggest and still discuss everything especially my final admin battle and the circumstances around it for the story right? I hope so at least and I hope just because I was away while you started discussing it means I no longer have say in what happens with my characters. :D Just saying.

As of right now, I have no idea if the Admins or I control any legendaries. If we're going with Commander's idea for the climatic battle, he said that I would control Giratina. However, should there be the Post-Story idea as well, Omega would control Dialga, Kyler would control Palkia, and you would control Giratina (Knowing how you're a Ghost-user and all.). Once the three Admins are defeated, Trevore's plans would still carry out, and Arceus would be summoned and controlled by him, leading into one final battle between the hero and Trevore. After that, whatever happens, happens I guess. (This Post-Story idea is if Jacob thinks it's a good idea, and is not confirmed yet.)

Oh, and to avoid confusion, I would imagine you would still have a say in what happens with your character (Is it just one character you have, or two? I kept thinking you had one character that was named Phoenix as the gym leader, and Dusk as the Admin.). After all, why WOULDN'T you have a say with your character, when you made it?

But yes, the question whether we're allowed to control legendaries or not is a good question indeed. Maybe we can have an answer once Jacob arrives.

Giratina wasn't an end, but more of an end of arc battle (As I did say roughly 5-6 badges). As for legendaries, I really kept that door very opened due to so many of you wanting to use them. Seriously, go wild as you want for your gym leaders because I consider it a challenge to work with anything.

And Pbood, it's really up to you. I mean I can think of effective ways for you to have Giratina, but part of my mind is going through that whole Xen admin who has a ghost monotype with Giratina on it. Ultima has barely been touched yet so pretty much anyone could say anything and it could be implemented.

Giratina wasn't an end, but more of an end of arc battle (As I did say roughly 5-6 badges). As for legendaries, I really kept that door very opened due to so many of you wanting to use them. Seriously, go wild as you want for your gym leaders because I consider it a challenge to work with anything.

And Pbood, it's really up to you. I mean I can think of effective ways for you to have Giratina, but part of my mind is going through that whole Xen admin who has a ghost monotype with Giratina on it. Ultima has barely been touched yet so pretty much anyone could say anything and it could be implemented.

Multiquote works :D

Oh okay about the legendaries and I was just picking Giratina because it best represents the BN and my character but my admin team is not mono ghost, it's a mix of steel, dark and ghost types to be honest. If you do have story revolving Giratina, around 5-6 badges is really not the place to include it in my opinion because Giratina is such an imposing legendary, I think it should be much closer to end of game or at least after I switch teams because my gym is currently 7th so I can't have Giratina before being a part of BN.

If you have another legendary suggestion for me, I'll happily accept and see what can be done. I can't remember my team but I'll edit this post and repost my admin team if I can find it ;D

Although what do you mean by go wild with gym leaders? I'm confused about what you mean.

Trevo my character is one character but 2 sides of him because of being bi-polar (one evil being Dusk and one good side being Phoenix always in conflict with each other) sorry for the confusion though. I'm glad I would have a say but I was really asking Jacob and Commander about it since Commander and Lore are doing the story and so they might have to adjust some things to make it better so that's what I was worried about.

I do believe we should have post-story if possible because it adds to the game in my opinion if there is something after beating the champion or whatever the final goal is. I do love that climactic battle story idea of Commander's that you put in your post Trevo though.

Edited by pbood2

so this is pasted from a post regarding my admin team a while back:

Instead of mega-sharpedo, change it with greninja and make the scizor mega scizor because I forget I'm spy role so I need my aces to be ninja-y so scizor and greninja will be so.

Team for Dark Phoenix/Dusk (someone in Black November let me know which name to pick geez lol):

Spiritomb, Giratina, Aegislash, Scizor, Mega-Sharpedo and Metagross

Now, If I have copied any admin's team in Team Scorpia, please let me know which and if it is okay to have that pokemon in my team as well.

Team suggestions from admins are also much appreciated. :D

Thus final team is:

Spiritomb, Giratina (if available), Aegislash, Mega-Scizor, Greninja and Metagross

Snow when did that happen. I never knew lol. Okay but does your character and my character still hate each other like you suggested. I really liked that story idea tbh. :D

Wow 13 out of 18 is pretty good. I do want to be a tough gym leader so hopefully I can now. :D

Also, if I am 13th then Giratina arc would probably fit well around where I am currently in the game then. What do people think?

Snow when did that happen. I never knew lol. Okay but does your character and my character still hate each other like you suggested. I really liked that story idea tbh. :D

Wow 13 out of 18 is pretty good. I do want to be a tough gym leader so hopefully I can now. :D

Also, if I am 13th then Giratina arc would probably fit well around where I am currently in the game then. What do people think?

Page 21. We divided the leaders into regions. I'm 15. As for the story idea, that's not really up to me, but I don't see why not.

Errrm, I'd hate to say this, pbood, but I have a Greninja for my team. Although... Greninja does indeed fit with your team, seeing as you are the Spy. After all, it wouldn't make sense to be a Spy if you don't have a Greninja. If you and Jacob thinks that is a perfect fit for you, I can switch my Greninja out for Gyarados, seeing as how I'm the Dragon/Flying Elite Four member anyway. It would still give me a Water-type, but it would also make my team even more intimidating and hell-inducing. (Plus, I normally use Gyarados in Reborn anyways, so that works, too.)

Besides, Omega is using Gardevoir, too, who is also one of my Pokemon. For that part, I can just say that he has a spawn from my own Gardevoir, since Omega is my Bodyguard. XD Also, if the Underwater Hideout idea works (Because I'm going after Manaphy, too), I can imagine Gyarados would be chilling out in a water pool in the office part of the hideout, kinda like how Wailmer was just chilling in Kincaid's Room in Team Dim Sun's Hideout in Shadows of Almia.

However, if I'm going to have a Gyarados instead of Greninja, I'm going to want to have my Gyarados shiny, since my Grenija was a shiny before. (My Gyarados is also shiny in Reborn, too, so it fits).

Gyarados (Shiny): Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake (Holding Lum Berry and Moxie Ability if possible)

Errrm, I'd hate to say this, pbood, but I have a Greninja for my team. Although... Greninja does indeed fit with your team, seeing as you are the Spy. After all, it wouldn't make sense to be a Spy if you don't have a Greninja. If you and Jacob thinks that is a perfect fit for you, I can switch my Greninja out for Gyarados, seeing as how I'm the Dragon/Flying Elite Four member anyway. It would still give me a Water-type, but it would also make my team even more intimidating and hell-inducing. (Plus, I normally use Gyarados in Reborn anyways, so that works, too.)

Besides, Omega is using Gardevoir, too, who is also one of my Pokemon. For that part, I can just say that he has a spawn from my own Gardevoir, since Omega is my Bodyguard. XD Also, if the Underwater Hideout idea works (Because I'm going after Manaphy, too), I can imagine Gyarados would be chilling out in a water pool in the office part of the hideout, kinda like how Wailmer was just chilling in Kincaid's Room in Team Dim Sun's Hideout in Shadows of Almia.

However, if I'm going to have a Gyarados instead of Greninja, I'm going to want to have my Gyarados shiny, since my Grenija was a shiny before. (My Gyarados is also shiny in Reborn, too, so it fits).

Gyarados (Shiny): Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake (Holding Lum Berry and Moxie Ability if possible)

Oh dang sorry for picking greninja then but I only picked it because of my role and I wanted somewhat a team that has spy theme pokemon in it. Scizor and Greninja fit that in my opinion but I'm actually surprised you didnt comment on me having metagross. I didn't know for sure but I expected an admin to already have metagross but if not, cool. :D

If you let me have Greninja, I do believe Gyarados would be amazing for you and definitely have it red/shiny because that's badass. :D

Also I had no clue you were going after manaphy but I have to ask why manaphy? It's not some ultra powerful legendary that can change or bring ruin on the region is it? I had expected a much different legend if you were going after another. Oh well if you really want to chase manaphy (and perhaps phiones ;D), that's up to Jacob, Commander and Lore to figure out how it will work out in the story. :D

Or I could have

Gallade but typing issues

This would be wicked since the leader of BN does have a very similar pokemon so this would make it more unique teams. :D

Edited by pbood2

Also I had no clue you were going after manaphy but I have to ask why manaphy? It's not some ultra powerful legendary that can change or bring ruin on the region is it? I had expected a much different legend if you were going after another. Oh well if you really want to chase manaphy (and perhaps phiones ;D), that's up to Jacob, Commander and Lore to figure out how it will work out in the story. :D

This would be wicked since the leader of BN does have a very similar pokemon so this would make it more unique teams. :D

Oh boy you've missed a lot. I don't think you want to go back and read the past 15 pages so I'll sum it all up. We had the idea of using fairy legendaries as keys to unlock something (specifically Celebi/Shaymin, Manaphy, Victini, Jirachi, Mew, and Hoopa). Each pixie is located in a certain sub-region, those being the Grassy region(Celebi or Shaymin), the Otherworldly/Spirit region (Hoopa), The Tundra/Ocean region (Manaphy), the Mountain region (Jirachi), and the central city (Victini). Mew is the catalyst to whatever it is they do.

Edited by SnowGlaceon

According to what Jacob said, Kyler is going after Celebi, Dusk is going after Hoopa, Omega is going after Victini, and I'm going after Jirachi and Manaphy.

Oh, and having a Metagross is no concern to me, because I have my sexy waifu Gardevoir for my Psychic-type, as well as a hellish nightmare of a Klefki as my Steel-type. Not to mention, having three monstrous powerhouses (Salamence, Gyarados, and Charizard), as well as a brooding Absol, really makes the team unique and intense. So yes, you are safe to use Metagross, and I give you my blessing to use Greninja, pbood. :D

Okay thanks for the summary Snow.

That seems like a cool storyline but isn't the keys concept really similar to Reborn's.

The pixies seem cool but that's insurgence's plot concept for the most part but if used, I highly think Hoopa should not be considered a pixie because they are pokemon with bst 100s all across and hoopa is not that. Celebi (the otherworldly since it can travel through time, etc) and Shaymin (it's a grass hedgehog lol) should just both be included if there will be 6ish pixies. Just my opinion though.

OMG I don't know how I didn't remember this but mesprit could be something just because it's much closer stat wise than hoopa to being a pixie.

Since I would go after Hoopa, can I just go after Mesprit (can we change the typing of mesprit to psychic/ghost possibly) or just because my character has a fascination with mesprit and wants to have it and then don't need to change mesprit at all.

I just noticed through you explaining this to me that there seems to be lots of legends included in the storyline so far so is that a good idea? Usually pokemon official games have 2-3 legends max in a plotline. Just wondering if we should stick around that or do our own thing? :D

Edited by pbood2

Okay thanks for the summary Snow.

That seems like a cool storyline but isn't the keys concept really similar to Reborn's.

The pixies seem cool but that's insurgence's plot concept for the most part but if used, I highly think Hoopa should not be considered a pixie because they are pokemon with bst 100s all across and hoopa is not that. Celebi (the otherworldly since it can travel through time, etc) and Shaymin (it's a grass hedgehog lol) should just both be included if there will be 6ish pixies. Just my opinion though.

OMG I don't know how I didn't remember this but mesprit could be something just because it's much closer stat wise than hoopa to being a pixie.

Since I would go after Hoopa, can I just go after Mesprit (can we change the typing of mesprit to psychic/ghost possibly) or just because my character has a fascination with mesprit and wants to have it and then don't need to change mesprit at all.

I just noticed through you explaining this to me that there seems to be lots of legends included in the storyline so far so is that a good idea? Usually pokemon official games have 2-3 legends max in a plotline. Just wondering if we should stick around that or do our own thing? :D

A bit busy right now. I'm gonna post something here to explain how I think it'll work, and why we probably can't use mespirit. Give me 30 minutes or so.

Okay! I'm back. So, lemme point some things out. Doesn't Hoopa's regular form have base 600? That makes it viable. Secondly, the difference between this and insurgence is the fact that there's no prophecy, only one cult, and they're hunting for the pixies for a completely different reason than the cults in insurge.

Insurge cults want to destroy the pixies and their chosen to preserve themselves. BN wants to hunt the pixies for their own gain.

The way the pixies work is they each follow a theme. It's a choice between emotions and elements. Either way they will be divided into separate sub-regions(Forest, Spirit, Mountain, Frost, City). Both Shaymin and Celebi cannot be used at the same time for this reason. If you go back a couple pages, since I don't have the time to re post it here, I suggested that if we use the elements theme, we go with Shaymin due to it fulfilling the Sky component. If we go with emotions, I suggested Celebi, due to time/age= wisdom. Try looking around page 23. Hoopa, in both instances, fulfills the "Spirit" component.

These Pixies, with Mew as the catalyst, will be the keys to breaking the restraints on Giratina or something. That last part hasn't been worked out yet.

Now here's why Mespirit won't work. If we use Mespirit, we need to use the other two in the trio, or else it just doesn't make sense. Keep in mind that whatever we do to Mespirit, we'll have to alter the entire trio.

But that brings up the point that it's a trio, and there are four sub-regions (five if you include the central city). In addition to this, Mespirit, Uxie, and Azelf are the keys to controlling Dialga and Palkia, and have nothing to do with Giratina and the BN's goals. It's also ripping a few pages right out of the Gen 4 games.

The too many legends thing can be alleviated if the story/region is long enough, which it seems to have the potential to be.

Edit: more detail added. Also check page 23.

Edited by SnowGlaceon

Think back to Rejuvenation. Tell me how many Pokemon you see? There are at LEAST 5-6 from what I could count. Arceus, Giratina, Mewtwo, Groudon, Kyogre, and Deoxys are more than a few. Fangames tend to go over 2-3 Legendaries, from what I see, so going over that limit isn't really a problem.

As for Mesprit... That's a pretty interesting idea... If the other two were involved, too, then Kyler and Omega could go after them. Maybe the Black November and Team Ultima are aware that the three sprite Pokemon could try stopping their grand plan, and would try capturing them, just so that wouldn't happen.

Even though the stats are way different, I still think Hoopa should be one (Because it's as small as the pixies), but that's not up to me, but rather Jacob and Lore.

Wow Trevo that double is something. ;P

Also, thanks for letting me have metagross and greninja. I appreciate it very much but could the BN members as well as Jacob please let me know if my admin team is good enough being only focused on Dark, Steel and Ghost types mostly or if I need improvements to my team, please give suggestions. I want to make sure I am a tough admin to beat despite only being the spy. :D

I'm glad the mesprit idea is favoured by you Trevo and your background for usage of it is really well done (I agree about thinking about including uxie and azelf also) and Snow, we'll just have to see if Jacob or Commander like it enough. I just checked the stats for mesprit and uxie and they have 580 bst so I don't know if that's a huge problem for deciding who we should go after in the story.