Help with Radomus?

The Mistress

Alright.

I have never had more problems with this game, other than this asshole.

My team is as follows:

Scrafty, Charizard, Meganium, Golem, Ampharos, Arcanine.

Also in rotation I have:

Mamoswine, Gothitelle, Dusclops.

I honestly have no idea what to do with him...

I tried to get a magnezone, but apparently I can't get him as of chapter 15?

I tried doing the puzzle for the key to access one of the rooms in Shade's gym and it was inaccessible.

So I guess strategies are what I need. :c

You can get Magnemite in Shade's gym and evolve it to Magneton, but you'll have to wait until after Luna to get Magnezone (because you'll need the Crystal Plug).

I can't really give you advice since i really can't remember my experience with Radomus.

Edited by biboo195

Radomus's difficulty really depends on your team. I used a Honchkrow and Escalveir combo and completely wrecked him. If you're still having trouble, bring a Bug type to take out Malamar who can be a threat. Outside of that, his team is very slow, bulky, and only special attackers. Light Screen will do wonders if he's damaging you too hard.

One trick I do in doubles is to Paralyze and/or confuse one Pokemon on the field while focusing on taking out the other side. This helps reduce the number of attacks you get hit by.

Radomus didn't pose a large challenge to me because he doesn't work well with double battles. I mostly used his secondary types to my advantage and used moves that hit all opponents. If memory serves he has a exeggutor which should go down to your Arcanine or Charizard. Do you have any poison moves on Meganium because that could help with Gardevoir.

Slowking should be able to be dealt with by Meganium or Ampharos (although it is VERY bulky).

I would think that scrafty and Dusclops should deal with the other pokemon in his team.

Are there any that are causing you a lot of grief or are all the pokemon difficult.

With some smart play and a bit of luck, you can beat Radomus with your current pokemon. He likes to use Trick Room, so your slower mons like Scrafty, Ampharos, Dusclops and Gothitelle can do well by "outspeeding" his team. The field effect Radomus uses gives psychic moves a rock type secondary rock type which can be troublesome for Arcanine and especially Charizard, so keep that in mind.

If you want a new team member, a ghost or dark type would be the way to go. Gourgeist matches up well with Radomus' team and is very bulky. Cofagrigus and Spiritomb are both bulky and slow, with Spiritomb having STAB Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak. Golurk is slow with powerful ghost STAB moves, and resists the psychic moves Radomus uses by being ground type. Dark/Poison types like Skuntank and Drapion can take care of Gardevoir

In E15, Misdreavus replaced Gastly in the alternate dimension. She comes with Nasty Plot as an egg move. Go do the event, reset untill you get her with NP, evolve her after she learns Shadow Ball. Level it to mid-50s, go to Radomous, set an NP, sweep.

Radomus doesn't pose a threat because he doesn't work well with double and because his ACE is counter-productive during trick room :i

Really, your scrafty could potentially carry the match for you if you preserve it. Arcanine as well is enough of a beast,as is mamoswine.

With Moxie, Scrafty should be able to sweep Radomus' team, even that pesky Gardevoir if it has enough HP. Just spam Crunch or any other super effective move.

If scrafty has moxie its a easy win what i do is just use dragon dance on my first turn as scrafty and do something else with my other poke, then next turn just spam crunches and i used the other poke to heal it once to max hp

Edited by foovy10

Just bring in Scrafty and Cofagrigus. You can get a Yamask from Shade's gym and make it learn Will-o-wisp, Hex, Curse and Power Split. Scrafty is slow and strong enough to outspeed/sweep Radomus's team in Trick Room and if Scrafty goes down to Gossip.G then bring in Cofa. Will-o-wisp + Hex is a deadly combination and if your stuck then Curse is there for a suicide lead lol.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

I think what's really tripping me up here is the fact it's a double battle with trick room, and the fighting moves as the post above me mentioned.

I have a murkrow in my inbox but I'm unsure if it's worth raising because of the aforementioned fighting moves. I try to open up with Meganium and charizard, but atm it's a bit... difficult.

Slowking's bulkiness is proving to be a problem as when Meganium or Ampharos attempt to take care of it, it manages to take down Arcanine or Charizard with a scald, which already puts me down one strong member. I try to swap it out, but I'm not sure who to put it out with. If I throw out Scrafty, that Reniculus has been able to take her out with just a psychic, which really surprised me since she's got such bulky stats.

I'm thinking about grabbing the Confagrius or Misdrevous. I honestly am struggling, but I'll try with my current team with your guys' suggestions again.

Edit; Meganium does not know a poison move, no.

Edited by The Mistress