Reborn Game Night!

Rosesong

Where do you guys do this at? The Showdown server?

If you watch this thread, in a couple days I'll say in the original post when the next game night is, what it is, and give a specific time. Today was a bit of a hassle, and that game was thrown together at a moment's notice. I'll also try to post statuses about the game night the night before and morning of, so that everyone is aware~ some games are on the server, others are where the games can be facilitated more easily. I'll always let you know that info too, so no worries!~

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As always, thanks to everyone for coming out for Reborn Game Night! As per the norm with Cards Against Humanity nights, the link below shows the references to Reborn (and the community) that were made during the game! (Stupid Lightshot wasn't working, so Imgur it is!)

http://imgur.com/a/C5lnF

Watch the original post for the date of the next Game Night!

• Developers

I keep saying to myself I'm gonna turn up to one of these because you usually do stuff I enjoy and then I forget. Even if I've never heard of BGO, I'm just gonna post here so I remember to actually do the thing this time.

As always, thanks again to everyone that participated in Reborn Game Nights! I hope that BGO didn't scare too many people, lol...

The original post has been updated with the date and time for next week, but there's also going to be a couple of things different next week. First, the game will be decided via poll! I'm currently looking into a possibility of a surprise, new game for next week, but should that not pan out it will be fair game for you all to decide!

Now onto the second thing. There was talk in the Game Night today about the possibility of a Skype call next week. So, for the first Game Night ever, we are going to attempt a Skype call. If you want to take part in this Skype call, I would highly suggest you add me on Skype beforehand (you can find my username on my profile) and send a message with your forum/server username so that I know who you are. The reason I'm asking this is so that things will be easier to set up for next week and so that I don't get overwhelmed the day of trying to piece things together.

The last thing I want to ask participants that know they'll be here next week is if they'll post in this chat that they will be here. That'll make putting together a Skype group soooooooooooo much easier and it'll save some time on the day of. With that, I look forward to seeing you all next week!~

I would suggest Quiplash as a possible game for Game Night. It's not a free game, but it's only $10 and only the host needs to own a copy. All everyone else needs to play is to enter the room code on Jackbox's website on whatever you're planning to use as your "controller". Pretty much anything with access to the internet(computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) can be used to play.

It is a 3 to 8 player game, the players have to join before the game starts and everyone who joins after the eighth player(or after the game starts, whichever comes first) is part of the audience, which can contain up to 10000 people.

The game randomly assigns a question to a pair of two random players from the group. Each player answers this question in whatever way they want: funny, true, clever, etc. Then after everyone answers their questions the game asks the other players and the spectators to vote for their favourite answers between the two given to each question. Both the players get points based on what percentage of the total votes they received and the winner gets bonus points.

The third and final round has a twist: every player has to submit an answer to the same question and it is the only question asked.

The player who accumulates the most points by the end of the game is the winner.

The problem with this game is that it's designed to be played either in the same room or on a livestream. When the game asks the players and audience to vote, the only thing that'll show up on their screens will be the answers, the actual question only shows up on the hosts' screen. Either Skype, or a livestreaming site(or whatever alternatives are available), would be required in order to actually play the game.

So, yeah. It'll likely be a pain in the ass to set up, but it's a fun game and I hope we get to play this at some point.

Well Aqua, thank you for being the first person to actually suggest a game >> Do you own this game, or do you know someone here on the forums/server that does? I agree that it sounds like it would be a fantastically fun game to play

No worries, I was just curious. I agree that it sounds like a fantastically fun game to play. I'll do some investigating around here to see if there could be a realistic way that we could all play it one week

We've used Quiplash for fun at our anime club meetings. It's a really good one.

So the tl;dr for waffle's explanation of the game:

It's basically CaH, except you don't get white cards, you input your own answers. Only two people get the same question, and everyone else votes for their favorite answer of the two.