Ask the next person a question!

star-kin

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the best way for what, Juu? Your question, if question it is, is vague and therefore I interpret it at my discretion. If it isn't a question, you broke the rules of this thread!

Anyway, the best way is the Way of Magnezone, our one true Lord.

A more proper double-question for the next person, as the previous one doesn't seem to count as even a single one: What do you think is your greatest strength, and what, alternatively, do you recognize as your greatest flaw?

I'd say that my greatest strength is my passion for my interests. When I get interested in something, I get this drive to learn everything I can about it. Engaging in it can relax me, calm me down, or excite me. It's like it completes me.

My greatest flaw is that I'm unaware about how other people feel, especially how they feel about me. I'm working on it.

What are you interested in?

I'm kind of happy and kind of unhappy about my life at the same time, if that makes any sense. One of the reasons that I'm unhappy with my life has led to me discovering things that I'm interested in and meeting people who I care about deeply.

What's something that you were scared to do at the time but that you're glad you did?

Probably countless new endeavors in life that always scare one a little before they are embarked upon. I was scared as a child to swim; but now I can't imagine life without swimming at least four days a week. Likewise, I was initially intimidated by public speaking, but grew to enjoy debate and the oratory.

If you're talking about specific events, then I suppose I was initially apprehensive about assuming responsibilty. It may be natural to feel fear of failure and the pressure of having others follow your decision, and I was self-aware of that feeling, but I am glad that my attitude changed enough to allow me to evolve from being an arrogant, aloof person into one who is more apprachable and compassionate. Truly, I am glad to have stepped down from a pedestal wherein I imprisoned myself, for even though I am still a quiet sort of fellow in private life, preferring to watch rather than to perform, so to speak, I have come to realise my character and capacity when the time does come to lead.

Of course, a large part of my development is attributable to my family and the closest of my friends who tolerated my standoffishness very patiently. Circumstances may have also led to me skipping most of my adolescence and the pleasures that normally accompany it, but I do not regret the steps that I took towards what is now progress.

I could ask the next person the same question: what choices of yours are you now grateful for, despite initial apprehension?

Edited by Viridescent

I've been at my current school for five years, and for the first three, there was someone who was certainly among my best friends. We disagreed on certain topics, but somehow, we managed to get along with each other quite swimmingly. However, as time went on, he established himself as the political type, and as such, he became more and more interested in giving himself a positive image in front of who he considered the majority. He went on to consider my interests at the time, which included but were not limited Pokémon, to be childish and immature, and thus bad for that image; I essentially became an embarrassment to him. To remedy this, he started to ridicule me for such things in front of others, even if the subject was entirely unrelated. I might criticise him for a point, and he would simply scoff and say, to the amusement of others, "shut up, you like Pokémon." I was amazed that my best friend could act with such immaturity.

My point is, I made the decision to cut him off. It hasn't been entirely possible to do, since we still go to the same school. It wasn't something I wanted to do, since I had spent so long as his friend. But I felt I was better off without someone like that making my interests feel worthless. I decided to just stop caring what he thought, because I had previously listened to him and changed somewhat to suit him.

After a few years of this, I think I made the right decision. I have other friends who appreciate my interests, and I'm grateful for them too. He was a negative influence by that point.

Personal story over. Wasn't that nice and happy?

And for the next person... What was a memorable day in your life?

Edited by Spineblade

Many things make me happy: A flower blooming, rain on the leaves, a happy dog, morning sun, accomplishing a goal, painting, helping someone...

I feel happiest when my family is happy. I therefore base most of my activity around achieving that.

I'll ask now, what makes you unhappy?

I have none. I am about the driest and most asexual person you can find. I find it ridiculous to hanker after a fictional object of desire when there is work to be done and life to be lived.

Though there is a running joke which ships me with a mathematical calculator.

What is your line of work/study?

Edited by Viridescent

Well my study for the most part is aiming towards engineering but I'm really indifferent. If everyone goes to hell I better make sure to have a doctor's degree before then.

Or a rock.

If you had a box of CheeriosTM would you eat it with or without milk?

My childhood dreams were wild. My first ever dream job was to be a postman. Next, I wanted to be a pizza delivery man. Then I went through my Space phase and wanted to be an astronomer. Then I wanted to be a genetic engineer. All that is in the past (though the last two still hold places in my heart), and I think I'd like to go into IT now. Either something like software engineering, or a creative application like web design. Video game development sounds like a cool pursuit, but I don't yet know if I'm cut out for it.

What was your proudest moment?

Many times I was proud of an achievement. However, my most signal honour was in the happiness of the people of two villages, whose water bodies and landscape had been cleaned and made verdant by an NGO I co-founded to help preserve rural beauty and promote environment-friendly development. It's a sad truth that thousands of villages across the state, let alone the country, are in dire apathy. Governmental schemes rarely reach them for any significant development; most just live on the dole in an ungodly status quo. Our organization, over two years, helped secure governmental attention to the place and ensured that it received paved roads, safe and modern public toilets and lots and lots of plants, the importance of which was taught to the villagers. That village is now one of the cleanest and most hygienic in the district.

I will ask the same question to the next person: what was your happiest or proudest moment.

Edited by Viridescent

oh dear... I'm not sure if i have one, and if i did, i'm most certainly sure this wouldn't be it, but it's the first thing that popped to mind:

once i spent a week straight down a school basement working on a project with some friends. like, i'd brought bedsheets and laid them out on chairs put together for a makeshift bed and enough energy drinks to kill and elephant and i slept so little that i was like constantly hallucinating and hearing voices for the last two days; i had also somehow convinced myself that i wouldn't see those friends again so there was a lot of confused emotions and stuff...

but we finished the fucking project, and at that time, it was the best thing either of us had ever done. and i remember coming out of the basement after that so well, it was like a movie scene; we were holding up our arms against the sunlight and flinching at voices. it was awesome.

if you could pick one moment in history/time to personally have witnessed, what would it be?

I want to say none of it because history was unforgiving and we've progressed in a lot of ways as a species but

this is macabre and purely because of my interest in medicine, it's progression, and the human psyche but, the black plague era. Or, since I want to be a psychiatric nurse, I would like to observe the conditions of psychiatric institutions in the 19th century, as well as try to help the poor patients if I could. I could write a paper on abuse in nursing and how power corrupts, like the Stanford Prison Experiment.

What career did you/are you going to pursue, and why?

did not expect something to so deep coming into this thread but I'll bite.

I want to become a researcher for movies, shows, games etc... with the eventual goal of becoming a writer for a movie, show or game.

I want to do this because I want to construct a world that can for at least for one person have the same affect the worlds of Dark Souls, RWBY and Star Wars has had on me.

why researcher specifically is simply because I don't expect to be able to get into the creative media industry without bringing a skill set to the table and I'm good at research and I enjoy it.

You have to create a new annual tradition for the people in your country, what is it and what does it entail?