Pokémon Reborn Custom Battles!

DashingStorm

muxM8iC.png

So I've recently been doing some spriting here and there.. And making some custom battles as well. I've finally found a way to record and upload these battles- Meaning that I'll be showcasing them in this thread for everyone to see!

This might sound like I'm advertising or something, but I'm really not into getting all that popular on Youtube, I'm merely doing this out of love for the game, its creators and of course, the entire community as a whole.

So to kick things off, I created a custom battle with who else but Ame, duh.. Details are given in the video description and this is not (ever most likely) be an actual battle in Reborn itself.

I have more of these planned out, with two more battles ready to be edited and uploaded, but don't expect me to post these on a daily basis. I simply don't plan on pulling these battles out of my manes every day, that's going to be too much of a hassle and most likely turn me away from the entire "project".

Got any ideas for a custom battle? Post below! (As long as they're doable and legit within the game itself, meaning no legendary Pokémon or level 100 battles.)

The results from the Strawpoll are in! In order, the following six (due to a tie for 5th/6th) will appear in PRCB:

- ZEL (singles)

- Taka (singles)

- Solaris (singles)

- Cain (Maybe doubles?)

- Fern & Dr. Sigmund Connal (Definitely doubles)

Stay tuned for when these pop up!

So without further ado; Enjoy the battle between myself and Amethyst!

Vs Ame;

Next up, we have Amaria! Conditions: Water Surface battlefield, detailed restrictions in video description.

Vs Amy;

"I know where you are.. And you cannot ride your bicycle there."

Vs Professor Oak;

" zzzz ..What'd you break this time?"

Vs Blind Guardian;

"Bow down to thy Lex!"

Vs Kurotsune;

"༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つGive custom battle, Dashie!"

Vs Jerichø

"Wololololo \o/"

Vs Vinny

"Hmph."

Vs ZEL

"..."

Vs Heather

Custom Battle schedule (for now);

- Amethyst

- Amy (Amaria) : Expected upload date: 27 or 28th of July!

- Professor Oak (Anime/RBY tribute) : Expected upload date: 1st of August!

- Blind Guardian/Kurotsune/Jerichø/Vinny (all done!)

- ZEL (done!)

- Heather (live as of 9/21!)

- Tania (Titania)

- ForeverPineapple (Based God Bidoof)

- Myself (With custom Rainbow Dash sprite!)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veterans

Where is Chubb, Dashie? You have Bibs and not me? T-T

That's mainly because he knows Bibs a lot better than you....

that and facing 6 bidoofs/bibarels would be amusing as fuck :] 6 moody bibarels 4 team of death XD

Just curious, is your trainer sprite a pony or a trainer riding on a pony or a trainer cosplaying as a pony?

a pony dressed as a pony riding another pony

Awesome Dash, ever since you showed the custom battles images, I've wanted to actually see them. Nice work~

Also how is Dan going to see his own battle if he's blind...

I'll wait for the other battles \o/

ZOMG!!!

i wanna cee a magikarp match, but with hacked hp/defence stats~

the rege shall happen >:]

The idea behind the custom battles is to actually showcase/speculate battles that don't exist, with the most legit possible teams and/or Mega Evolutions. I'd prefer not to use hacked stats.

Where is Chubb, Dashie? You have Bibs and not me? T-T

..As mentioned in previous quote + I've known Bibs pretty much since day 1 of when I actually came on the PO server for Reborn. I'd be a bad person to not include someone I get to troll with to give a full team of Bidoof and 1 Bibarel.

That's mainly because he knows Bibs a lot better than you....

that and facing 6 bidoofs/bibarels would be amusing as fuck :] 6 moody bibarels 4 team of death XD

All the Moody abuse from the Custom Games we do on Showdown.. -cringes-

No Shia?

After all the sprites?

/me cries.

In all seriousness though, this is a unique kind of project, sooo.

Good luck with it Dashie~

Shh. I'll add regulars from the forums if this actually takes off and is welcomed by more people on the forums/on Youtube. :]

Just curious, is your trainer sprite a pony or a trainer riding on a pony or a trainer cosplaying as a pony?

I.. Have a Trainer sprite ready. Picture a humanized Rainbow Dash with an athletic look to her. :]

Really interesting. Remind me of RubyCarbuncle and his white 2 hack battles, nostalgic.

I'm looking forward for the custom battles Dash you have planned, good luck making it.

Many thanks, Shing! I'll keep happy to keep everyone entertained. \o/

a pony dressed as a pony riding another pony

Awesome Dash, ever since you showed the custom battles images, I've wanted to actually see them. Nice work~

Also how is Dan going to see his own battle if he's blind...

I'll wait for the other battles \o/

Who says Dan needs to see? D:

That being said, I'll be updating the thread with a banner (once I finish making one, that is) to actually make this a real thing. :]

Ames team shoulda beena team of all the op pokemon she removed from reborn(gengar, magikarp, electivire etc.)

I made Ame's team completely revolving around her favorite Pokémon, even confirmed by her (and other forum members) that these were her favs. I had a Togekiss instead of Sylveon before, but it lacked the dazzle. :x

Do a battle with a troll face thing where it uses some of the most troll centric mons in the game :P Klefki,Whimsicott,Liepard.... :)

That's easier said then done to make. The AI has a strong hatred for Whimsicott for some reason (likely due to its Sp Atk stat). There'd have to be some modifications in the AI for it to work. I would know. I had to axe Whimy (with something even more annoying) due to its poor performance and Klefki only works half the time.

But yeah, I imagine creating teams for people is a lot of fun. I actually designed one for me based on the glitch field since many of the Pokemon I use competitively are better suited for that (most of them I put in are ones from my UU teams). Just remember those EV spreads.

Made some.. Minor adjustments to the schedule..

Because I got special requests from developers and I can't pass up on them y'know!

That being said, I'm.. Trying to find a good lay-out for a banner.. It's just not working out for me just yet.

Also, I would really like you guys to make suggestions on what teams/Pokémon to use in certain battles! (No custom moves or Mega Evolutions on my team, though)

Limitations for these suggestions include the following;

- No bred moves

- No egg moves

- Levelup movesets only (ORAS style)

- No legendary Pokémon

Red's team on Mt.Silver

Heheh...Funny you mention that one...totally wasn't going to put him on Ametrine Peak

Also, I would really like you guys to make suggestions on what teams/Pokémon to use in certain battles! (No custom moves or Mega Evolutions on my team, though)

Limitations for these suggestions include the following;

- No bred moves

- No egg moves

- Levelup movesets only (ORAS style)

- No legendary Pokémon

Breeding and Egg moves don't make too much of a difference so it's up to you what to do. Another suggestion is to limit your item usage to only a few hyper/ultra potions and no revives. Custom battles should have two Full Restores though to make it a bit fair.

As for team choices, different people have different tastes. A lot of the battles I test, my Pokemon have little to no EVs (60-80 at the most) and 15-20 IVs.