Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

[Answered] Trouble finding Drilbur

Meta Knight

Question

I'm currently trying to find a Drilbur so it can replace my Dugtrio seeing as it has a superior moveset and respectable bulk. The problem is I can't find it. The location guide says Tanzan Mountain Depths but I can't find it there anywhere. I've been searching in the area where you find the giant Steelix and in the dark area where you land after being teleported by PULSE Abra but still nothing. Is it just a stroke of bad luck because the encounter rate is so low or am I in the wrong area ? I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me and maybe show me the area where Drilbur is located.

23 answers to this question

The Location Guide hasn't been updated fully yet for Episode 15 so some of the information may be outdated.

Anyways, you can no longer find Drillbur in the wild as of Episode 15. The only way you can get it now is through the Mystery Egg Event by trading a Growlithe egg to the Police Officer in Jasper Ward or going back to an older episode to find Drillbur in the Tanzan Mountain Depths.

Well that's a bummer. But good to know nonetheless. Thanks a lot for the info :)

EDIT: I traded the Growlithe egg but the Pokemon you get for that is an Azurill. Is this randomized? Does anyone have information on Drilbur for Ep. 15?

Edited by Meta Knight

Well that throws a wrench in my plans. Guess I gotta search for something else that could do an Excadrill's job.

EDIT: Would still like to know if that is the only way to obtain a Drilbur in EP. 15 out of sheer curiosity or maybe because I can't believe that I lost my only chance to get one EVEN THOUGH it was catchable in the wild once -.-

Edited by Meta Knight

Mamoswine does seem like a good choice. It gets some good moves without TMs. That's one of the reasons I originally wanted Excadrill and also why I don't really want Nidoking because he needs hella TMs,

Breeding and relearner. And you are golden. And same appily almost for mamoswine because Icicle crash.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Nidoking doesn't learn Earthquake on its own or does it? Also the only move worth relearning would be Mega Horn. I would have to go Special Nidoking to make use of Earth Power and it's breeding moves don't seem all that useful to me. Except Sucker Punch maybe. Mamoswine on the other hand does need Icicle Crash that's true or I'll be stuck with Ice Fang.

My ground user of choice is Krookdile. It's got a great movepool to use it's very high attack (Foul Play, EQ for stabs mainly, + Outrage, Mud Slap, Embargo (very useful for bosses/leaders), Leer, Scary Face, Counter, Thunder/Fire Fang). It definitely has potential, but Mamoswine seems more solid.

While Foul Play definitely does more damage, I would go with Crunch just for the more consistent damage as not all mons you face will have a huge difference in Attack compared to you. Also, the -1 in Defense is somewhat helpful if you can actually get it lel.

Krookodile is pretty good for the part in the game where sandile is available. Nidoqueen/King is very good in general as ground/poison has great coverage as well as the extra power boost from sheer force (you also get flamethrower later which helps with the very few coverage issues it has).

Nidoking can learn drill run via a move tutor in Agate circus. Coupled with Sheer force it's even a bit stronger than EQ. Nidorino can learn Poison jab which is strengthen by Sheer force too. It also learn Iron Tail with a move tutor, an other boosted move. And Megahorn is good to deal with psychic types dangerous for him