Samson too easy?

BlackMage

So guys, my pokemon were just in the early 50s (around 50-52) and my Gardevoir was lv.48 but despite that I defeated Samson on first try. Are my pokemon too underleveled to go ahead in the storyline? Should I train them more? If I have to, where do I train them since Agate City is blocked so I can't challenge the rebattle-able trainers in the Grand Hall.

I think you should level up your pokemon. There are going to be some really hard double battles later on so it would be wise to level up your pokemon to level 60-65 before proceeding. There is a clown with level 60s pokemon that you can rebattle indefinitely.

You would better train in the Grand Hall, that clown is really strong even with several levels more (his Flygon outspeed mine which had several levels more and is EV train...) and has random pokemons so you can really prepare. With a lvl 50 team you'll probably have some hard time

You would better train in the Grand Hall, that clown is really strong even with several levels more (his Flygon outspeed mine which had several levels more and is EV train...) and has random pokemons so you can really prepare. With a lvl 50 team you'll probably have some hard time

But one of his teams has a Blissey. It will give at least 20k experience.

Edited by Taska0G0

Do train because the battle at the top of Ametrine in the future is really annoying.

And of course, have good team synergy for the future!

As everyone already said though, your best bet is the clown in the Circus. Not much else other than that.

Due to the Big Top field(ugh) Samson is like the biggest luck-based gym leader in the game. Sometimes he can be not too bad, Other times he creams you.

Big Top field is like my least favorite field though. The concept is clever but pokemon already is luck based enough, any field that pushes the luck factor even more usually ends up being annoying.