Zorua/Zoroark and Illusion

Autumneverlast

Hey, in my newest run I picked up an event Zorua and have been playing with it as a memeber of my team. My only issue is that the AI seems to see right though Illusion and curb stomp my Zorua/Zoroark with a fighting when the normal response to the pokemon I'm "sending out" would be a psychic type one. Is anyone else having this issue? Is the AI just not equipped to deal with Illusion at all?

Edit: For clarification, I know these pokemon have psychic type moves, they usually wipe out the pokemon before Zorua using them (my team has a weakness to Psychic, which is why I want to train Zorua up), but instead of taking out what appears to be a Swalot with that psychic type move, they proceed to wallop it with bug or fighting or poison, all of which are NVE against Swalot but SE or Neutral against Zorua.

Edited by Autumneverlast

Actually, I believe Illusion does work.

Thing is, the AI will see through it anyway.

I could try testing this in OR/AS, X and Y or Gen 5 games, but I'm pretty sure the AI sees through it anyway. The AI is just that good.

I could try testing this in OR/AS, X and Y or Gen 5 games, but I'm pretty sure the AI sees through it anyway. The AI is just that good.

Insert "that's cheating!" gif here

At least in gen 5, the effectiveness of illusion against the AI seems to vary based on the day of the month. Sometimes the AI would see right through it, such as using a focus blast on your Zoroark when it is pretending to be an Alakazam, other times it will keep using psychic on it when it looks like a Breloom, with predictable results.

I'm replaying ORAS just because and I wonder traded until I had a decently varried team of six and a Zorua was in there. I used Zorua on my team, often as my lead,and the AI never knew about it until the Illusion broke.They always chose their best attacks against what Zorua seemed to be.

I've just gone to ignoring the illusion thing and having it be whatever pokemon is last and accepting that the AI is going to treat it as a Zoroark regardless of what I do. It's made me a lot happier. In AS at least, I could trick the AI (most days) into believing Zoroark was the 'mon it looked like (which is why I tried it here), but in Reborn I'm simply having to relegate it as a fast, hard hitting dark type sweeper. Oh, darn.