Sigmund's backstory

Imperial

While getting Rotom I saw something I didn't notice before in this event. When activating the screen with Rotom inside, you see Corey with his wife (with pink hair like Heather) who disappear when he touch her. Then you see a blond girl. Connal appear, touch her, and she disappears like Corey's wife. I checked the graphics folder to be sure it was not a character we already know and found her under Graphics/Characters/trchar102 (Corey's wife is 103)

This reminded me the gravestone in Beryl with the name Elizabeth Connal on it.

So what's his story ? Has he lost his daughter and become the dangerous man we know due to this ? And why electrotherapy ? Why on children ? He doesn't seem to be just a crazy sadistic man, he's rational probably do this for a reason. Is there a link with Connal knowing Lin ?

There is actually an interview with him you can see on the tv. His sister died to a mental illness I believe. They tried everything they could to save her life. Everything but electro therapy. Thus he devoted his life to studying it and "helping" others

Edited by Zane0144

If I remember correctly, she took her own life.

She refused ECT so she ended up killing herself, or something along those lines.

This became the motivation for Sigmund to practice ECT, so he can possibly save other people from the fate of his sister, Elizabeth. :3

I think his interview is still around the forums somewhere...

Found it : http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5327

Indeed Elizabeth was his sister. But now something else confuses me. Are Reborn's online league leaders real people or roles played by the player behind them ?

Real people. Many of the events of the reborn games are based off of the events and things that occurred to and between the leaders.

Indeed, they all have quite special personalities and backstories. Twins becoming both leaders of the online league, with Anna having visions, sisters in the league too and all three with really strong personalities, 4 friends from the same school and their 2 brothers, with Florinia becoming kind of a robot, the fake romance between Amaria and Titania (is the "fake" aspect real too ? And how do we know this since Amaria doesn't know it ?), Corey and Heather (Corey doesn't look like the kind of man playing pokemon with his daughter. And did he really suicide ?). Cain and Aya. The Agate leaders, three members of a circus all pokemon leaders. And Shade... What's the probability of reuniting such people in the same online league ? I can hardly believe all these people with their backstories are real people

Indeed, they all have quite special personalities and backstories. Twins becoming both leaders of the online league, with Anna having visions, sisters in the league too and all three with really strong personalities, 4 friends from the same school and their 2 brothers, with Florinia becoming kind of a robot, the fake romance between Amaria and Titania (is the "fake" aspect real too ? And how do we know this since Amaria doesn't know it ?), Corey and Heather (Corey doesn't look like the kind of man playing pokemon with his daughter. And did he really suicide ?). Cain and Aya. The Agate leaders, three members of a circus all pokemon leaders. And Shade... What's the probability of reuniting such people in the same online league ? I can hardly believe all these people with their backstories are real people

I came around during the latest parts of the Online League, so I can't exactly give personal information on all the leaders, but I do remember an interview Ame did in which she explained that Corey and Heather didn't have a great relationship, and he joined the Online League to inconspicuously keep an eye on Heather. Just remember that some of these events are based off of the real life events, so they might not be 100% accurate.

To contribute on what is real:

(This is all from information I dug up while doing some research in the forums)

I know that Corey did commit suicide by jumping off a bridge, causing Heather to go into depression and to ultimately leave the League (You can even read her description in the Leader Line-Up Season 1, which refers to Corey).

I'm pretty sure that Aya is indeed Cain's sister, although I'm not sure about their relationship. I think Cain left the League because he was grounded by his mother for dating a boy or something, so Aya stepped in? But that's all I know.

Also, apparently Doctor Connal got arrested, according to Saphira.

All I know with Connal is that, his sister Elizabeth died.

A girl named Lyn from the orphanage gave him electro therapy out of sadism or something. Then she disappeared.

However, a green haired lyn appeared before him giving interest in team meteor.

It is heavily believed the lyn who disappeared came into contact with arceus. Adrienne claims he saw a little girl climbing the tower.

I don't know if elizabeth and lyn are connected in anyway. The only similarity is that they both have blonde hair.

All of this is speculation.

Edited by fireheart4560

Wait...what is this league people are talking about? And all of these characters are real people :o? I am kinda new here so excuse me for not having too much data stored in my brain :P.

A while ago, there used to be a Pokemon Online/Showdown League with 17/18 Gym Leaders. There were 3 seasons, with new or returning Leaders. Sadly, it has disbanded. All the characters in the game are based off these Leaders, with some exceptions (pretty much any major character that doesn't use a Monotype team, like many Meteor Admins).

Are some of the irl league gym leaders still on the forums?

I haven't seen them around these days, but perhaps they check on the forums every once in a while as a guest? I do know that Saphira and Terra have accounts on the forums, though!

Oh, and who could forget about our Gossip Gardevoir? She used to report Gym battles here on the forums!

I haven't seen them around these days, but perhaps they check on the forums every once in a while as a guest? I do know that Saphira and Terra have accounts on the forums, though!

Oh, and who could forget about our Gossip Gardevoir? She used to report Gym battles here on the forums!

I remember seeing Saphira's profile back then when I was still a lurker..

Now, I didn't know that Terra had one. :o

Cool~

Oh man, Terra's post history must be something.

How do you know this?

Oh, I was just looking at some old threads. Sadly, they both only posted once... Saphira was talking about how a new Electric Gym Leader was needed for Season 3, and Terra was talking in some game thread. I believe she said, "I COMETH!!!!!!!!!!!"

I did not know about Titania, however.