Pokemon Reborn, as an actual game.

Avion

The levels will naturally have to be lower with more gyms, it won't be as hard as you think. Help with mapping would be nice, since I'm thinking its gonna be a pretty big map. Conor, I have a simple script compiler, I just have to figure out how it works more, and it can make a wild battle script, like regi's and legends, a give egg, item, and pokemon script. So it seems like it'll do good.

[quote name='SF™ Inc.' timestamp='1321317151' post='20873']
If Reborn were a game, I'd've thrown the Gameboy at the wall by the time I reached the water gym.
[/quote]
And we all know about the Living Hell Amy gave you.

Aside from that, I think that the lower levels would be good. Just besure to include Rematches that increase in level and difficulty. As for the main character...?

Thats really a hard choice, maybe have like 15 different characters, and the ones you didnt choose act like the other regulars of Reborn, with their own teams? [s]If we indeed pursue that path put me in with the sprite in the spoiler and give me a Drought Vulpix as a starter [/s]
[spoiler][img]http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc367/Glasya5757/Owensprite.png[/img][/spoiler]

I dunno if having that many leaders and that many NPCs (who are based off of your character choice) would be a logical thing to do in a GBA Rom. The more I look over this the more it sounds like something that should be made from scratch, as in programmed in Java or C++ or something like that. I mean we could still have the same graphics scheme and we could use the GBA game stuff and our own sprites and all but at the same time I don't think it would be logical or even possible to fit it on a GBA Rom.

• Administrators
If you're romhacking you won't be able to insert any truly new features like that. But that's fine- we don't need to have multiple starters. We can all be trainers, be they passing-by, or in a larger role

The editing sprites would be useful. I'm gonna go do the chores required for today at my house, then start on re-mapping all the way up to where the first gym should be. There will be nothing but map until we figure out what we want for trainers and events and such. Also ask friends if there any good with pokemon scripting and if they'd like to help. It'd be much appreciated. I think we should map first, script second, and come up with the story along the way. Polls would be useful in deciding the story, such as a poll like What should happen before you enter the final gym? 1. Nothing 2. Rayquaza appears 3. Team (whatever they'll be called) appears and stops you 4. Gym leader isn't there

Oh, and since I'm choosing to edit emerald for the frontier factor, I believe Ame should be Steven, and the FINAL gym leader of the game, and he just so happens to be around basically every corner the player turns.

[quote name='Avion' timestamp='1321653253' post='20949']Oh, and since I'm choosing to edit emerald for the frontier factor, I believe Ame should be Steven, and the FINAL gym leader of the game, and he just so happens to be around basically every corner the player turns.[/quote]
Steven should be the best Steel user in Reborn.
[s]MONOSTEEL TOURNEY TO DECIDE STEVEN[/s]