Best Starter As Of EP.15

InvalidCode

It's forever a battle between Torchic and Froakie, and it will only end when one becomes available before the other.

I prefer Turtwig, but most people will argue that Torchic and Froakie are still the best starters.

Torchic is the best starter overall, with Speed Boost of course. Froakie is powerful too, but it only becomes that Op when Dark Pulse becomes available, since a physical Frogadier/Greninja is not that Op, the special movepool available is pretty much DPulse/Surf (Or Hydro)/Extrasensory (Til level forty-something/Grass Knot (Or Sub, Spikes)

I love Chimchar overall, it Do es a quité good job, and it's only available as a starter :]

Chikorita because Meganium will make the map all flowery, will repopulate the desert and is the perfect pokemon to save the world from natural disasters... I wish.

Honestly, it really depends of what you mean by "best starter".

If you want something that'll really make the game easier then you have either torchic or froakie. Or maybe turtwig if you want a grass pokemon.

If you want something that will make the game harder - or so they say - then you can use chikorita, oshawott or tepig. But it's not like it truly makes the game difficult. You have five other party members and even though they may not seem much, Meganium can pull its weight - it did in my game at least.

But you may just want to choose from what isn't already in the game. And if that's what you want, I guess that torchic and froakie won't be added before pokemons such as Oshawott so it still comes down to that.

Your call.

Statistically speaking, Blaziken trumps the rest of the starters, but it honestly comes down to playstyle. Each of the starters brings something a little bit different and all of them have their uses. For example, Squirtle is a very good early game tank that can survive just about anything. Combine it with Leech Seed and watch as that impossible Pokemon slowly dies (looks at Garchomp). Swampert outclasses it type and stats wise, but Blastoise learns Iron Defense and Protect which are a godsend against Pulse Pokemon.

So in reality, one man's weak Pokemon would be another's strong, but they all are good. I can assure you that, but some have better and more uses than others such as Greninja.

Don't evolve it until at least level 21, as it learns Giga Drain then. Pretty handy special STAB.

Leaf Storm is it's strongest attack, very powerful but has the same drawback as Overheat.

Hidden Power is probably recommended for coverage.

Alternatively, you can go physical. Leaf Blade is a great move, and if you breed you can get Swords Dance and Rock Slide.

So the final set could be like Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, Rock Slide/X-Scissor, Brick Break

Edited by Oracle

Don't evolve it until at least level 21, as it learns Giga Drain then. Pretty handy special STAB.

Leaf Storm is it's strongest attack, very powerful but has the same drawback as Overheat.

Hidden Power is probably recommended for coverage.

Alternatively, you can go physical. Leaf Blade is a great move, and if you breed you can get Swords Dance and Rock Slide.

So the final set could be like Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, Rock Slide/X-Scissor, Brick Break

to breed Sword Dance i need to use another episode, i dont want to

so i was going for a special attacker. should i wait till treeko learns energy ball (level 37) ?

Edited by gryson

Yea you also need Episode 12 to get Rock slide - I'd argue it's worth it, rock slide covers many of Sceptile's weaknesses (Flying, Fire, Ice, Bug) except Poison. Rock Tomb is a (much weaker) alternative.

Oh shoot, didn't realize Energy Ball got amped in Gen 6 (from 80 to 90 base power).

It's personal preference: Energy ball is stronger, but Giga Drain (75 base power) heals you.

You could opt for like a mixed set, not sure how well it would work.

Something like:

Leaf Storm

Brick Break/Hidden Power Fire (steel coverage)

Filler physical move (Rock Tomb hits fire types, X-Scissor is overall pretty strong, and then there's like Crunch and Acrobatics)

Energy Ball/Giga Drain/Leaf Blade

Overall Leaf Storm is definitely a must, as it hits HARD on anything that doesn't resist it.

Edited by Oracle