Man, so much hype for charlotte

Randoms2

"It's so hard!"
"I had to grind for ages to beat her!"
"Eruption Typhlosion punches holes in moons!"

I went in with a Tyrantum and I left a giant crater where the red head was ._.

It was my first time going against her and I feel cheated out of what I thought was the one of the communities most agreeably difficult challenge. Almost every other gym leader I had to spend a good 30-45 minutes figuring out how to beat it but this one... I never expected to beat her as easily as I beat Julia lol

Most peole pass up moms like Tyrantrum, ergo the difficulty. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

That's one thing I think about a lot, about preparing. At what point do you prepare too much and it turns into a case of 'you're taking advantage of cheap tactics' vs 'You aren't using tools available to you so it's your fault that you failed'. Lets say you're fighting Samson and you just can't win 'normally'. If you start using X-Whatever items to boost your stats and to cheese the fight, is it your bad that you're using tools at your disposal? Especially considering every difficult fight automatically has the odds stacked against you with carefully chosen moves and abilities to accent with a very specific field. Personally, I think that Ame has limited the game quite enough, and well enough, that just trudging through the game as you would any other canon pokemon game will result in reborn kicking you to the curb and leaving you to die in a ditch. On this topic, I think that there are very few and minute things that will 'break' the challenge of the game so to speak, one being soft resetting for a high IV speed boost blaziken, but otherwise I don't think you can cheese the game given what challenges are presented before you

I think Charlotte got a lot easier with the change from energy ball to solar beam on the typhlosion (since typhlosion isn't legitimately able to learn energy ball) - solar beam is kind of a joke move when it's used outside of the sun and the AI just doesn't understand that.

In Reborn, the difficulty of any Gym Leader has to do with how you composed your team. Most of the itme it means you have to learn a new attack to take advantage of the field, or to get a couple new team members to have type advantages, so depending on what you carry at the time, any given Gym Leader may be a walk in the park or your worst nightmare.

Pre-Nerf she was a problem that's for sure I can't remember how I even beat her I want to say I changed the field to rainbow and finished it off with some mighty boom bursts from my Noivern :P
I still remember my first time battling her, my thoughts (bring ground types) what happened = energy ball rape... I wasn't a happy camper haha :P