Operation Monorun

Lord_Ludo

One day, as I was sitting in my house doing the Lord's work like all Reborn players, I was contacted by Lord Arceus itself. It told me, ​Ludo, do a mono run of of all the main series games. To which I said, yes my Lord.

So, stupid intro aside, that's my idea. I'll be doing a mono run of one game from every trio/duo of games, and eventually move onto the popular fan games. Here's the breakdown:

OPERATION MONORUN

Color Trio: Game: Blue
Starter: Charizard (Flying Type)
Precious Metal Trio: Game: Silver
Starter: Feraligatr (Water Type)
Gem Trio: Game: Sapphire
Starter: Blaziken (Fighting)
Elemental Duo: Game: Firered
Starter: Venasaur (Poison)
Whatever Gen 4 is: Game: Platinum
Starter: Empoleon (Steel)
Sappy Movie Duo: Game: Heartgold
Starter: Trade over Anorith (Bug)
Racial Duo: Game: White
Starter: Stoutland (Normal)
The Other Racial Duo: Game: Black 2
Starter: Emboar (Fire)
Geometry Duo: Game: X
Starter: Greninja (Dark)
Environmental Hippy Duo: Game: Omega Ruby
“Starter”: Golem (Rock)
~On to fangames!~
Suzerain Duo: Zeta
Starter: Kingdra (Dragon)
Based Ame: Reborn
Starter: Swampert (Ground Type)
Jan’s Creation: Rejuvenation
Starter: open to suggestions
The Nuclear Sensation that’s sweeping the nation!: Uranium
Starter: Eletruxo (Electric)
And I don't know what type to do for Rejuvenation (thinking of Fairy but idk), suggestions are welcome!
I still need a game for:
grass
ice
psychic
ghost
fairy
I hope to eventually have done a mono run of all 18 types.
And these are the rules I'll be following:
1. No duplicates of Pokemon unless I can't fill a team of 6 somehow, which shouldn't happen since I've done my homework.
2. No legendaries
3. I can only trade in a starter if there is none for that type in that generation (Basically only exists for Heartgold run)
So yeah, that's it. I'll be updating my Elite 4 team in my signature after I beat a game, so there's that. Game suggestions welcome!
Edited by Lord_Ludo

You could consider using Ice for Rejuvenation, considering you can get a Seel right away in Gearen City? This sounds very ambitious (and tbh, will probably be more fun than me just running through all 18 types in Reborn), so good luck!

Good luck with all those monotypes! There sure are a lot to do.

You might want to reconsider doing grass for Pokemon white as you literally get no grass types aside from your starter until you have two badges. The first gym will use a type you're weak to and the second gym favours retaliate; also it's one of the games that added that you get less experience when you're higher level, making training a single pokemon a bit of a nightmare. It would get better after that however. (I've done grass monos for Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and Black 2 but kind of skipped Black & White).

Hmm... a psychic monotype for rejuvenation could be good, though fairy is also nice.