Everyone, please get dressed for reddit's funeral.

Solarance

photo-46793.jpg?_r=1433977850

I love that character. He's so cool. :P

I looked it up and found that the 5 subreddits they just banned were not violating any rules nor offending anyone, according to a large number of the reddit community. This basically tells me that reddit is going to end up like youtube.

I looked it up and found that the 5 subreddits they just banned were not violating any rules nor offending anyone, according to a large number of the reddit community. This basically tells me that reddit is going to end up like youtube.

TY, his existence has helped validate my own a bit

And just looking at the one they named "fatpeoplehate" I can sorta guess why that one is gone. But IDK because I don't like Reddit in general

Ah crud. This is bad for /r/ThatHappened and /r/TumblrinAction. They (probably?) never do that, but of COURSE Tumblrinas would say they do, just to get it banned.

When I heard "banned subreddits" I feared it was my precious /r/TumblrinAction... Glad it wasn't.

look if a large group of people are harassing anyone then it's safe to say that a very large website like reddit (that tries to keep a clean site harassment-wise [see every subreddit that has witchhunting rules] would take care of it) and if you just look at the subreddits that were banned then you'd agree that they needed to go. this isnt "rip reddit" it's more "rip fucking awful human beings that like to have fun at other's expense"

Edited by Jelly

look if a large group of people are harassing anyone then it's safe to say that a very large website like reddit (that tries to keep a clean site harassment-wise [see every subreddit that has witchhunting rules] would take care of it) and if you just look at the subreddits that were banned then you'd agree that they needed to go. this isnt "rip reddit" it's more "rip fucking awful human beings that like to have fun at other's expense"

This right fuckin' here. Hopefully the admins go after the rest of the scummy subreddits that are there.

If y'all think having entire subreddits dedicated to denigrating groups of people is cool, then kindly stay the fuck away from me.

This right fuckin' here. Hopefully the admins go after the rest of the scummy subreddits that are there.

If y'all think having entire subreddits dedicated to denigrating groups of people is cool, then kindly stay the fuck away from me.

The banned subreddits didn't do that, though. They were mainly named ironically and contained jeering towards other subreddits that really did spend all day offending people. They were banned because of their titles, not their content. That's like if I was named Jailbird and no one ever hired me even though I had no record.

Fam, I've been on a few of the banned subs. They deserved to go. Hopefully the Reddit admins don't back down and make a clean sweep of all the shit that's on Reddit.

• Support Squad

One of the subreddits banned was FatPeopleHate, going by this guy

Absolutely not offending anyone. The community backing this wouldn't lie at all.

Whether they actually had offensive content or not isn't the point. While I may take the words of a large group to be of a high rather than low possibility, I'll admit if I'm wrong.

The point was that they did NOT ban those subreddits for their content, whatever that content may have been. They ONLY banned it for the name. If their requirements for banning are this fickle, I'm sure they will go the same route as YouTube - banning everything ever reported at any time by anyone.

Whether they actually had offensive content or not isn't the point. While I may take the words of a large group to be of a high rather than low possibility, I'll admit if I'm wrong.

The point was that they did NOT ban those subreddits for their content, whatever that content may have been. They ONLY banned it for the name. If their requirements for banning are this fickle, I'm sure they will go the same route as YouTube - banning everything ever reported at any time by anyone.

The admins literally stated why the subs chosen were banned:

"actively engaging in organized harassment of individuals". The name has nothing to do with it, otherwise killingtranspeople, femalecorpses, coontown, etc. would've all been banned.

• Support Squad

The admins literally stated why the subs chosen were banned:

"actively engaging in organized harassment of individuals". The name has nothing to do with it, otherwise killingtranspeople, femalecorpses, coontown, etc. would've all been banned.

Holy shit, those are things?

Thank the lord I almost never visit that place

• 4 months later...