field changers

so i realized the other day that with all the fields in reborn we have a whole new class of pokemon to use

field changers/setters/destroyers/manipulators

some pokemon become useful that previously weren't and some already good pokemon get new uses

im wondering if anyone else has pokemon that they have on there teams specifically to take advantage of or get rid of/change the fields in reborn

i love using typhlosions lavaplume as it sets fire to so many fields and gets rid of the icy fields and that has become the main reason i use him in reborn

i feel like some other pokemon could also do this like magmortor or camrupt

even other types of pokemon like nidoking/queen, swampert, dragalge, and many pokemon who have nature power

your thoughts

I like freezing over annoying fields like the sludge water field with walrein. Made a certain battle much easier. Also anything with mist or sunny day + rain dance can make a nice field nuetralizer (in most cases)

Yeah I just love how mist overwrites ANY field

My psychic mono run basically became a cakewalk after I got a light clay Meowstic with Light Screen, Reflect, and Mist. Since it basically gets rid of all opposing fields, I could just switch in Gardevoir and Calm Mind/Moonblast away. This goes to show one of my favorite things about Reborn, which is that even the game's most challenging aspect can be reversed.

Man, this isn't something I had thought of, but it's frickin' amazing.

With field effects being such a dynamic new game mechanic, it makes sense to take them into consideration during teambuilding.

It's a sign that field effects are a great mechanic. They've fundamentally changed the way we play the game to the point where they affect how we build Pokémon teams.

"Yeah, this guy is my physical wall, this other dude is my revenge killer, this one is my bulky sweeper..."
"What about that Mamoswine? Suicide lead?"
"No, that's my fieldbreaker."

Man, this isn't something I had thought of, but it's frickin' amazing.

With field effects being such a dynamic new game mechanic, it makes sense to take them into consideration during teambuilding.

It's a sign that field effects are a great mechanic. They've fundamentally changed the way we play the game to the point where they affect how we build Pokémon teams.

"Yeah, this guy is my physical wall, this other dude is my revenge killer, this one is my bulky sweeper..."

"What about that Mamoswine? Suicide lead?"

"No, that's my fieldbreaker."

Sadly Mamo was lost for the rest of that battle. :(

I honestly only changed the field once and that was by accident against Noel trying out Sludge Wave on my Dragalge. It wasn't until much later, when I was washing the Fairy Blood of my hands, that I knew what I had done.

I honestly only changed the field once and that was by accident against Noel trying out Sludge Wave on my Dragalge. It wasn't until much later, when I was washing the Fairy Blood of my hands, that I knew what I had done.

RIP Clefable doll.

Now my MC x Clefable Doll ship is ruined